2013 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: Nice road warrior car - update

2013 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Nice road warrior car - updated at 100K miles
By t4r4me on

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

*update at 95K miles - my lower back is wrecked from the HORRIBLE front seat. Did not order another due to the seats not changing for 2016. Counting the days to get a Passat. This has been the worst seat of any car in my life.*
Other than that the car never had any issues getting to 95K.
I am a sales professional and choose over similar priced competitors.
In the low $30k price range this vehicle is the clear winner hand's down.
The US automakers are closing the gap on the other brands.
And what you get in this car and compared to the previous years 300 is night and day.
This is a really nice car.
It has a great turning radius, power on tap when you need it, decent brakes, it is quiet so you will be able to conduct business via phone and blue tooth if that is your thing.
Also compared to the Passat with its V6 and this is still the better value.

• Shifting
  • Front seats

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By t4r4me
on 10/09/14 18:23 PM (PDT)

Update Oct 2014 - 52K miles. Car running like the day I got it. The door flex went away. The headlights never had condensation again. The only issue is there is a slight interior noise between the passenger door and dash. I only notice it occasionally because the car is so quiet. Only maintenance has been tire rotation and oil changes, etc. Looking back on all the light weight, high revving whimpy 4 cyl hondas and Toyos I had - any little alignment issue with those cars was amplified. This big Chrysler 3 hundy is always tight. The other sales folks in my company have the same cars and no problems to report. I hope they improve the seats when I have to turn it in.

By t4r4me
on 05/08/13 18:36 PM (PDT)

OK, so after 14K miles I have no quality issues to report. I actually forgot about the flexing door panel (must have gotten used to it as it was minor). A guy at the dealership said the flex could be fixed. The seats are better since I've fiddled with the angle adjustments. Tilting up the front lip changes the pressure points on my rear end to a tolerable level for long hauls. But I still am not a fan of the flatness of the seats and industrial, plasticky quality of the leather on the seats and steering wheel. But here I am whining when I have actual leather at this price point. And firmer side bolsters are available on the higher end versions. The car is just a big swanky American car with some decent power and as such it is easy for this 6 footer to get in and out of and just drive. It has tons of intuitive features that will absolutely spoil you. And then when it comes to driving other cars - old or new - most do not have these features and you will miss them. It is really a great car.

By rwatson
on 04/26/13 04:38 AM (PDT)

Thanks for the honest review. I feel it's honest based on the "cons, or suggested improvements" you listed. It has saved me time from going to the dealership to check these out. I have news for you. The condensation in the headlights and flexing door panels are a huge quality issue. This shouldn't be happening on a car the manufacturer claims is "luxury." After all, the 300 is Chrysler's so-called flagship. You would not have that from a German made Passat, but I have no idea of the Chattanooga-built machine.