2013 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: U-dont-Connect

2013 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

2013 Chrysler 300

C Luxury Series Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

U-dont-Connect
By vakmere1 on

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'll rate the car an B-. As for the Uconnect phone system it gets an F. My cell phone is compatable according to the Chrysler website however the connectivity is poor. Phone un-pairs by itself, text box opens and scrolls thru all my contacts without me initiating it and I can get it to turn off after repeatedly pushing the cancel or X button. Takes up to 8 minutes to dial out and get 'not connected' messages. The list goes on. My Buick never had an issue with bluetooth. I've heard everything from "its my phone" to "we'll replace the Uconnect" to "it needs an update". None of which it needs. Forums are loaded with people who have connectivity issues with this system. There is no fix.

Put out a bluetooth system that works instead of us laying out 42K for a 300C and finding out we need to use a pay phone to make a call. Buy this car and you will be frustrated.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By joner800
on 07/23/14 13:47 PM (PDT)

i cannot believe your entire commentary about ownership of this car is a gripe about the bluetooth connectivity...

By houd1n1
on 11/19/14 08:33 AM (PST)

vakmere1, I was having many issues with uconnect as well at first. I think it ended up being due to the fact that I had way too many text messages stored on my phone. I deleted all archived text messages, unpaired on both ends, restarted my phone and the car, reconnected, and it works great now. I also updated the Uconnect to the latest versions (although not sure it did much for me). joner800, bluetooth was a big factor for me as well. $40k+ for a car, it should work flawlessly. https://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do