A Lot of Car for the Money!
By dustync on
2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
As of 841 miles, I am very pleased with my decision to go back to American Made! The 2013 Chrylser 300 is a pleasure to drive. It is so very quiet and smooth! More so than my 2011 Honda Odyssey van (that has been plagued with problems). The base model does exhibit a bit of "floatiness", which is attributed to the smooth and quiet ride. But it's not a negative. Compared to most cars on the market, it has a lot of room, especially in the rear passenger area. Wish it had more in the driver's area for big guys like me. For me, buying the base model and adding fog lamps and O.E.M 20" custom wheels to a car that was already feature rich... made sense! $28,400 ...out the door!
Favorite Features
Big Rebates for the 2013 enabled me to get the base model 300 with 20" custom Chrysler wheels, Michelin Primacy tires, and OEM fog lights, for only $28,400 (taxes,fees, everything!) My favorite feature is how quiet and smooth the car is. No Road Noise, no wind noise, just quiet! Which lets me enjoy the Sirius radio and my favorite comics. Oh... Wait! The door handles are all LED back-lit! So Cool, these little details are. Not so sure about the electronic transmission shifting...really weird, still not used to it, and dread the repair bill if it ever quits working!
Suggested Improvements
Front seats are fairly comfortable, but after a few hours of driving, you start wishing they were a lot more comfortable. The interior is very nice, but it seems that the engineers quit working, just at the point of designing the glove box! It is clunky, does not fit well with the rest of the dash. It just takes away from the rest of the interior. A BIG improvement.. giving the consumer some 12v plugins, under the dash on both sides, for GPS units, dash cameras, etc. I hate having to run cables to the freakin' console! And one more thing, Chrysler should disavow some of it's Dealerships. My two worst buying experiences ever, have been at AutoParkChryslerJeep in Cary,NC
By dustync
on 09/18/13 16:35 PM (PDT)

Update at 2600 miles: what a difference the 20" wheels and 245/45R20 tires made! Much tighter feel now. Only time will tell, but so far... very happy with my American Made Car.