2013 300s A lot of research before choosing this one.
By kerrykrampjr on
2013 Chrysler 300 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
So I have only owned the car for less than a month, so for everyone looking for more info on reliability, I haven't owned it long enough. The Chrysler 300s v6 with the 8 speed is really well put together. It surprised me with its power. I was nervous I would buy the 6 and wish I had the 8. But it's pretty quick, good power over 4000 rpm. The 8 speed automatic is smooth, and the sport mode is responsive. I commute as much as 150 miles a day in LA and Orange County. I have never wished I had more power merging 6 lanes to get to the HOV lane. And it's quiet as hell on the highway. And 25 mpg avg with a heavy foot. Looks and feels as expensive as a German car, costs half as much. Simple choice.
Favorite Features
The exterior design is great, fit and finish is excellent. It looks and feels like its competes in a different class. I had dudes gawking at the white S from their Audi and Mercedes. If only they new how much a paid. $31,000 fully loaded except red seats and adaptive cruise control. Is elegant, sexy, comfortable. I don't remember a time when you could get a car like this for the same price as a loaded accord or Passat. I love the Beats radio, the 8 speed auto is smooth and efficient. The v6 is more lively than I had expected. I work on my feet in kitchens all the time, and the 300 is a good place to spend your commute. Also composed at speed.
Suggested Improvements
I have a pesky engine light. It's just a Eval sensor. I just haven't had time to get it fixed or replaced. So far so good. Chrysler, you got my vote for the job you are doing with most of your line, especially the Mercedes engineering, and the excellent German sourced 8 speed. I'll love this car as long as it remains great.