2013 Chrysler 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Sort Reviews by

U-dont-Connect
By vakmere1

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'll rate the car an B-. As for the Uconnect phone system it gets an F. My cell phone is compatable according to the Chrysler website however the connectivity is poor. Phone un-pairs by itself, text box opens and scrolls thru all my contacts without me initiating it and I can get it to turn off after repeatedly pushing the cancel or X button. Takes up to 8 minutes to dial out and get 'not connected' messages. The list goes on. My Buick never had an issue with bluetooth. I've heard everything from "its my phone" to "we'll replace the Uconnect" to "it needs an update". None of which it needs. Forums are loaded with people who have connectivity issues with this system. There is no fix.

Suggested Improvements

Put out a bluetooth system that works instead of us laying out 42K for a 300C and finding out we need to use a pay phone to make a call. Buy this car and you will be frustrated.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
By matt71667

2013 Chrysler 300 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This makes 12 months I have owned this car and roughly 14,500 miles in my first year of ownership. I cant say enough good things about the quality and reliability of the 2013 Chrysler 300S. I test drive the Hemi, which was my preference at the time, and decided the difference in power from the V6 was so negligible that it wasn't justified. I actually had to ask the salesman if he was sure I was in the V6 at the time because of how well the power delivery was. Plus the 31mpg highway rating is a conservative estimate. I quite frequently get 34-36 miles per gallon on 7-8 hour trips between Texas and surrounding states. My driving Around town stays around 22-24 mpg.

Favorite Features

The quality and luxury of this car is without compromise. I was test driving comparable models from Lexus, Audi, BMW, Acura and Mercedes over a 6 month buying window that I was looking. When I drove the 300S, it was love. Silky smooth transmission, powerful engine, comfort that makes you WANT to go for a drive for no reason at all. Inside the craftsmanship is impeccably perfect in every way. Everything about this car screams luxury. You will find more features than you know what to do with and the U-Connect media center is by far the most intuitive factory stereo ever made. My extended family loves road trips and being able to fit 3 "full" size adults in the back seat without hips touching!

Suggested Improvements

Current 300 models really have nothing to improve on. They are all a complete package and there is something there for every taste. I would absolutely love to see the new Chrysler Diesel engine from the Jeep Grand Cherokee make its way to the 300 model line. Just imaging the torque of a bigger V8 and closer to the 40mpg of a 4 cylinder. I would be among the first in line if they ever decide go diesel with the 300.

Get the Hemi!
By joner800

2013 Chrysler 300 C John Varvatos 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After owning two top-trim level Mazdas, I grew tired of missing out on true luxury and high-tech features. I was also looking for a more exhilarating driving experience. I looked at the Ford Taurus SHO, the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, and some others, but nothing caught my attention like the 300 John Varvatos Edition. I love that it is so unique I will never run into another one on the road. It's an unmistakably gorgeous car and it's a blast off the line with the 5.7 Hemi. I have driven it over 2500 miles and I still look forward to every time I get in this car. This car looks better, sounds better, and accelerates better than most cars in the $60-70k range - trust me.

Favorite Features

All of the materials are of extremely high quality from the paint to the leather dash, even the paddle shifters and for handles are a nicely weighted metal, panoramic sunroof is a must-have, ventilated seats are also a must if you live in warm climate, voice commands work very well, touchscreen is the biggest and quickest I have ever seen. The quietest and smoothest transporter I have been in outside of an S-Class. Did I mention how beautiful this car is? It's an attention-grabber on the street and I still stop to look at it sitting in my driveway.

Suggested Improvements

5-speed tranny is obsolete, and you really require more gears to extract the real power from this engine. The transmission sometimes upshifts in a less-than-graceful manner, but it's minor. With my lead foot and mostly city driving I'm getting about 14 mpg combined, well below Chrysler estimates of 16/25 (all is forgiven when you hear that engine roar, but clear your schedule for the 19-gallon fill-ups). This car doesn't like being thrown into turns, not to mention if you take a sharp left curve at high speed, you'll feel like you're going to end up in the passenger seat.

Turncoat Toyota Customer
By dworth

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After 24 years of never owning anything but two Toyota products at a time, my wife & I intended to replace our 2011 Avalon with another, until we drove a 2013. Our desire vanished almost instantly and we looked at other manufacturers, including all the 300 comparable models. The 300 was our last stop and that's the one we bought. Our dilemma now is whether to buy an extended warranty or not, and if so, from whom to purchase it. Some say Mopar and some say the deals are better with a third party company. It would be nice to find a definitive comparison so we could make an informed decision. We love the car, but don't have a relaxed feeling about reliability...we're both 73 years old.

Last of the 2013 300C's
By frank194

2013 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We purchased the 300C in late September, and were fortunate to get the exact color and interior combination we originally wanted a year ago. Our main priority was a quiet highway ride, and the Chrysler delivers that in spades. Two days after we purchased the car, we left on a two week, 4,000 mile trip through NM, CO, WY, MT and SD. The car performed flawlessly, was extremely comfortable at all times, and delivered highway MPG that was incredible. During two days of primarily interstate driving, the MPG exceeded 32 miles per gallon.

Favorite Features

The SafetyTech package is something I wasn't really looking for, but it has turned out to be a favorite feature of the car. The adaptive cruise control is just an amazing feature, as are the blind spot indicators. The navigation system has a very large screen, and is easy to use. We haven't experimented much with the voice response capability, because frankly, it is just as easy to use the manual commands for most items. Little features like the entry lighting, and LED cabin lighting lend a luxury touch, and the interior trim and materials are as upscale as anything in my previous BMW 5 series, with added touches like the ventilated front seats and heated rear seats that are nice.

Suggested Improvements

The car we purchased was heavily optioned, so there isn't much to wish it had in addition. I would have preferred Michelin tires instead of the Firestones, but this was the last one on the dealer lot, so a change of tires was not feasible.

A Lot of Car for the Money!
By dustync

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

As of 841 miles, I am very pleased with my decision to go back to American Made! The 2013 Chrylser 300 is a pleasure to drive. It is so very quiet and smooth! More so than my 2011 Honda Odyssey van (that has been plagued with problems). The base model does exhibit a bit of "floatiness", which is attributed to the smooth and quiet ride. But it's not a negative. Compared to most cars on the market, it has a lot of room, especially in the rear passenger area. Wish it had more in the driver's area for big guys like me. For me, buying the base model and adding fog lamps and O.E.M 20" custom wheels to a car that was already feature rich... made sense! $28,400 ...out the door!

Favorite Features

Big Rebates for the 2013 enabled me to get the base model 300 with 20" custom Chrysler wheels, Michelin Primacy tires, and OEM fog lights, for only $28,400 (taxes,fees, everything!) My favorite feature is how quiet and smooth the car is. No Road Noise, no wind noise, just quiet! Which lets me enjoy the Sirius radio and my favorite comics. Oh... Wait! The door handles are all LED back-lit! So Cool, these little details are. Not so sure about the electronic transmission shifting...really weird, still not used to it, and dread the repair bill if it ever quits working!

Suggested Improvements

Front seats are fairly comfortable, but after a few hours of driving, you start wishing they were a lot more comfortable. The interior is very nice, but it seems that the engineers quit working, just at the point of designing the glove box! It is clunky, does not fit well with the rest of the dash. It just takes away from the rest of the interior. A BIG improvement.. giving the consumer some 12v plugins, under the dash on both sides, for GPS units, dash cameras, etc. I hate having to run cables to the freakin' console! And one more thing, Chrysler should disavow some of it's Dealerships. My two worst buying experiences ever, have been at AutoParkChryslerJeep in Cary,NC

4000 miles in one month: one amazing car!
By tigerbangs99

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Picked up my new 300 with thew Popular Equipment group and Navigation in April, and have already done an 1100 mile round trip in the car with 3 people and all their luggage aboard. Cruise Control set at 75MPH, and the Chrysler got an actual 31 MPG on that trip. I didn't believe it, but the return trip yielded the same result. The 300 was quiet as a Monday Morning Church, and power to spare, and the passengers couldn't believe how comfortable they were , and how little fatigue they experienced, on the 9+ hour car trip. The 300 was an effortless joy to drive, and the gas mileage was nothing short of amazing.

Favorite Features

Power, comfort, quiet, room, stability, handling, ride quality, build quality, fit and finish.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish I had gotten the radar-based auto speed control, as there are way too many left-lane road hogs in the US.

American Steel
By freddiegee

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The 300C Lux is absolutely a great driving machine. If you are looking for a yuppie-mobile or pretty-boy car, go elsewhere. This car oozes American masculinity. Excellent road manners, extremely comfortable and quiet and loaded with the tech goodie you'll want. This car is roomy and has a large presence. I bought mine with the Hemi, but the Pentastar is a great engine for those wanting better mileage. You couldn't even think of buying a 5 series, E Class, Lex or A6 unless your just after the badge. And willing to pay 10-25 thousand more for equivalent equipment with less room.

Favorite Features

Radar controlled cruise and crash avoidance. Side view detection and warning. Excellent seats. Rear wheel drive. 8 inch screen with all the controls. Voice activation. Beautiful interior. And the list goes on!

Suggested Improvements

Change the paddle shifter to metal. But I don't use them.

Lemon
By dbeck5629

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2013 Chrysler 300 on February 23, 2013 and as of May 9, 2013 I have taken it to the dealer on 4 separate occasions because the air conditioning does not work. They have been working with Chrysler to correct the problem and as of May 7th Chrysler told me that the car should be fixed and ready for pick up on the 8th. I still have not heard from the dealer and they will not return my calls. I have never been treated so unprofessionally anywhere. I was even told one time that it really isn't hot enough yet for the air conditioner, and once they even wrote on the repair slip that I didn't know how to use it and they did not even attempt to look at it that time.

Favorite Features

I owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 previously and enjoyed it so much that I went straight back to Chrysler for my new one. I greatly regret that now.

Suggested Improvements

I will never deal with Chrysler or Crown Dodge again and will not recommend them to anyone I know.

True American Luxury
By snickers11

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded a 2006 BMW 525xi for the Chrysler 300 awd. A very roomy and comfortable ride, absolutely quiet on the interstate. The handling is good for such a large car and more than enough power from the V6. Transmission shifts smooth. We wanted the 300C with the beige interior however the wood trim was a cheap looking school desk color so we opted to the base 300. Even with that said Chrysler has made a top notch luxury car with timeless styling.

Favorite Features

Large touch screen, easy to use navigation, back up camera very useful. Sun roof is enormous. Classic styling, comfortable and spacious interior with plenty of storage. Would recommend memory seats and pedals for multiple drivers.

Suggested Improvements

Front doors open too wide, have to really reach at times to get closed. Fit and finish good but feel trunk could close easier, if not pushed down from center second attempts needed.