Used 2013 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Very Poor Climate Control
By dustync

2013 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I want to love this car. It has a very smooth and quiet ride, gets good fuel mileage and it Sparkles! But two issues makes it a Love/Hate relationship: First, the climate control has been doing it's own thing for some time now. Now and then it starts blowing out super-hot air, no matter what temp it is set on. Going back to the dealer for second repair. The front windshield is extremely pitted after only 34k miles! aerodynamics? cheap glass? ( I do not tailgate). At the current pace, I will have to replace it by 50k miles.

Love the styling except to Dorky front grill (same grill on the mini-van). But now I see that the 2015's are going back to the Bentley style front-ends. And due to massive, off-the lot depreciation, it will be quite some time before I have enough equity to trade.

There is no place to put Stuff in the driver's area. We need places (nooks,shelves.etc.) to put our Stuff...

U-dont-Connect
By vakmere1

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'll rate the car an B-. As for the Uconnect phone system it gets an F. My cell phone is compatable according to the Chrysler website however the connectivity is poor. Phone un-pairs by itself, text box opens and scrolls thru all my contacts without me initiating it and I can get it to turn off after repeatedly pushing the cancel or X button. Takes up to 8 minutes to dial out and get 'not connected' messages. The list goes on. My Buick never had an issue with bluetooth. I've heard everything from "its my phone" to "we'll replace the Uconnect" to "it needs an update". None of which it needs. Forums are loaded with people who have connectivity issues with this system. There is no fix.

Put out a bluetooth system that works instead of us laying out 42K for a 300C and finding out we need to use a pay phone to make a call. Buy this car and you will be frustrated.

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
By matt71667

2013 Chrysler 300 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This makes 12 months I have owned this car and roughly 14,500 miles in my first year of ownership. I cant say enough good things about the quality and reliability of the 2013 Chrysler 300S. I test drive the Hemi, which was my preference at the time, and decided the difference in power from the V6 was so negligible that it wasn't justified. I actually had to ask the salesman if he was sure I was in the V6 at the time because of how well the power delivery was. Plus the 31mpg highway rating is a conservative estimate. I quite frequently get 34-36 miles per gallon on 7-8 hour trips between Texas and surrounding states. My driving Around town stays around 22-24 mpg.

The quality and luxury of this car is without compromise. I was test driving comparable models from Lexus, Audi, BMW, Acura and Mercedes over a 6 month buying window that I was looking. When I drove the 300S, it was love. Silky smooth transmission, powerful engine, comfort that makes you WANT to go for a drive for no reason at all. Inside the craftsmanship is impeccably perfect in every way. Everything about this car screams luxury. You will find more features than you know what to do with and the U-Connect media center is by far the most intuitive factory stereo ever made. My extended family loves road trips and being able to fit 3 "full" size adults in the back seat without hips touching!

Current 300 models really have nothing to improve on. They are all a complete package and there is something there for every taste. I would absolutely love to see the new Chrysler Diesel engine from the Jeep Grand Cherokee make its way to the 300 model line. Just imaging the torque of a bigger V8 and closer to the 40mpg of a 4 cylinder. I would be among the first in line if they ever decide go diesel with the 300.

Get the Hemi!
By joner800

2013 Chrysler 300 C John Varvatos 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After owning two top-trim level Mazdas, I grew tired of missing out on true luxury and high-tech features. I was also looking for a more exhilarating driving experience. I looked at the Ford Taurus SHO, the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, and some others, but nothing caught my attention like the 300 John Varvatos Edition. I love that it is so unique I will never run into another one on the road. It's an unmistakably gorgeous car and it's a blast off the line with the 5.7 Hemi. I have driven it over 2500 miles and I still look forward to every time I get in this car. This car looks better, sounds better, and accelerates better than most cars in the $60-70k range - trust me.

All of the materials are of extremely high quality from the paint to the leather dash, even the paddle shifters and for handles are a nicely weighted metal, panoramic sunroof is a must-have, ventilated seats are also a must if you live in warm climate, voice commands work very well, touchscreen is the biggest and quickest I have ever seen. The quietest and smoothest transporter I have been in outside of an S-Class. Did I mention how beautiful this car is? It's an attention-grabber on the street and I still stop to look at it sitting in my driveway.

5-speed tranny is obsolete, and you really require more gears to extract the real power from this engine. The transmission sometimes upshifts in a less-than-graceful manner, but it's minor. With my lead foot and mostly city driving I'm getting about 14 mpg combined, well below Chrysler estimates of 16/25 (all is forgiven when you hear that engine roar, but clear your schedule for the 19-gallon fill-ups). This car doesn't like being thrown into turns, not to mention if you take a sharp left curve at high speed, you'll feel like you're going to end up in the passenger seat.

Turncoat Toyota Customer
By dworth

2013 Chrysler 300 C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After 24 years of never owning anything but two Toyota products at a time, my wife & I intended to replace our 2011 Avalon with another, until we drove a 2013. Our desire vanished almost instantly and we looked at other manufacturers, including all the 300 comparable models. The 300 was our last stop and that's the one we bought. Our dilemma now is whether to buy an extended warranty or not, and if so, from whom to purchase it. Some say Mopar and some say the deals are better with a third party company. It would be nice to find a definitive comparison so we could make an informed decision. We love the car, but don't have a relaxed feeling about reliability...we're both 73 years old.