My best car yet
By paco0314 on
2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I absolutely love this car! In May I took a job in Yuma, Arizona and due to a variety of circumstances I will be commuting weekly between Las Vegas and Yuma for the foreseeable future. Not wanting to beat my Lexus GS450h up on the winding, dipping, bumpy 2 lane 280 mile drive loaded with semi-tractor trailer commerce and lines of traffic, at first I rented. That proved less than satisfactory, so I began looking for a vehicle that was comfortable, good on gas, equipped with spirited engine to pass the big rigs, some convenience features plus a decent sound system and, of course, competitive price. And I was determined to land on made in America.
Favorite Features
Loaded down with Consumer Reports, Edmund's and comfortable shoes I began shopping. Chevy Impala –No! Ford Taurus – OK. Buick Lacrosse – not enough juice, pricey. Dodge Charger – close, but no cigar. Then sitting near the Charger, the Chrysler 300. One drive I think I’m hook. So I read and re-read Edmund's review and I test drive not once but 4 times. This has got to be right. Here’s what I purchased.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler 300S V-6 with the luxury group at a manufacturers suggested price of $38,400. Now I’m not saying that’s cheap but what a car for the money! Very smooth, awfully quiet, nice and comfy, low on the fatigue factor, punchy engine, good mileage on regular gas (same as my GS450h [h as in hybrid] which requires premium), a terrific Dr. Dre sound system, fabulous 8 speed transmission (love the shifter), quality materials all around and a road hugging ride. The dealer wasn’t Lexus but I can live with that. I got a great out the door price. Imported from Detroit! Nice, very nice.