Used 2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

All I can say is 'wow'!!!!
By harvismith

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was in the market for an Infinity M37. But after reading the negative reviews on the transmission i decided to give our good 'ol American Chrysler a try, and boy........I was blown away. You really never appreciate a good car till you own one. Ever since i got the car, i've been looking for an excuse to drive to somewhere.... anywhere. To feel the growl of that V8 engine. The interior is classy and spacious. The navigation is the easiest i've seen in a vehicle. Bottom line is that this is one of the best cars for the money out there. I'm totally content with my buy. If you're looking for a large sedan, give the 300 a try. You wouldn't regret you did.

Favorite Features

Navigation, Speakers ( though not 'beats by Dre', it's none the less awesome), Seats, Panoramic sunroof, the trunk is huge, 20" all season tires, the V8 engine.

Suggested Improvements

The V8 trims should come with an 8-speed transmission.

Really Impressed
By alotofcars

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am 70 and have now bought 106 cars. I just traded a 2011 Subaru WRX for this 300. I have had Lexus, Mecedez-Benz, Cadillac, just about everything. This is the most impressive car I have ever owned. I live in Austin, TX drive to Houston and work all week and go home every weekend. I have averaged 32.5 mpg total for 2000 miles, in and out of town and It will really go if you need it. I swore I would never buy a Chrysler product again 20 years ago. What a car! No wonder their sales are up 200%. Quieter, faster, more comfortable, better mpg than last 2 Lexus.

Favorite Features

Looks, Comfort, Quality, Performance, mpg, 8 speed, Bluetooth and low cost, $25000.00 out the door.

Suggested Improvements

Inside door pull closer to the front of the door.

A Benz By Day; An Audi At Night
By 3004me

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First, I'd like to disclose three points. 1. This is the first car I've owned manufactured by one of America's Big 3. 2. I've never owned a car that didn't have a clutch, and this was a real hurdle concerning the "fun-to-drive" factor. 3. I loved the interior of my last vehicle, an Audi A6. I was surrounded by real leather and wood, not the disgusting plastic so prevalent in today's cars. My 300 Luxury Series (Pentastar V6 mated with the ZF 8-speed) truly lives up to its name. Both the engine and the interior won Top Ten honors by Wards Auto this year. It's absolutely gorgeous inside and out. The Mochachino leather exceeds my expectations. This is North American luxury at its best!

Favorite Features

I drive the paddle shifters in Sport, controlling the engine's revs (with no electronic over-ride), and engaging AWD all the time. So essentially, I'm driving a vehicle whose transaxle easily translates to the Audi I last drove. Forgo the paddles, and a Benz-like RWD sedan emerges. The Harman Kardon 19-speakers/900 Watts rocks the car in surround sound; a great value compared to other OEM super premium sound systems. The steering and suspension are a perfect match to the vehicle. The Uconnect media center is an ergonomic champion. The biggest surprise is the Garmin Nav. It works flawlessly/simply...even though the graphics hardly stand up to Google Earth found in over-priced sedans.

Suggested Improvements

When driving the paddle shifters in Sport, the ZF 8-speed is really 6 forward gears. Gear 1 is superfluous, given that you can start from a stop in second. Moreover, at 74 MPH gear 8 brings the revs below the flat-curve threshold (1940 RPM), so the car has no power. An example: You engage Adaptive Cruise Control at 74 MPH in eighth; the car barely manages to maintain speed. If you begin to climb a hill, or, if a car slows down in front of you reducing your cruise speed, you immediately have to shift into seventh. There is no power to get you back to 74 if the car in front were to speed-up. The fix: lower the Pentastar's torque curve threshold to 1500 RPMs similar to Ford's EcoBoost.

One of the best
By

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is one of the best cars that I have ever driven. Over the last 3,000 miles I have averaged between 24 mpg around home and 30+mpg on the highway. That more than compares to the 2008 4 cyl. Altima that I traded for this car and the luxury in the 300 is beyond compare.

Favorite Features

Love the quite ride and all the options that are available. The bluetooth is a must along with the Garmin GPS and the satellite radio. The controls on the steering wheel make using these options very easy without interfering with my attention while driving.

Suggested Improvements

Interior storage could be improved.

wchop
By wchopp

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan S V6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned over 50 vehicles in my lifetime and this is one of the best cars I have owned. Just came off a 1600 mile trip with alot of 2 lane roads and some freeway driving. Averaged 33 MPG on the complete trip. Have approx 4200 miles on the car. The ride is excellent and quite for this old senior. Lots of room and I have been a GM guy all my life. Would recommend this car to anyone. Lots of power, lots of comfort and lots of gagets. I love this car!

Favorite Features

My favorite things are the quiet comfort and all the electronics with the navagation. Feels good to drive.