Used 2012 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Reminds me of a Bentley
By unionjack

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Of all the cars I have owned the 300 is the best. I compare ir to a Bentley, smooth, great ride and in many ways luxurious. The gas mileage is fantastic, during a recent trip to Canada the 300 averaged 31.4, wonderful for such a large vehicle. The power for a 6 cyl is really superior and the handling is smooth wonderfully reliable and consistant...I dont have to think constantly about what it may do.

Favorite Features

Love the touch screen and the GPS. The stereo is clear and non-evasive. I really like the over all design of the 300.

Suggested Improvements

The seats can be 'sluggish' they do not feel firm. This can be distracting when driving even with lumbar and other assists.

My best car yet
By paco0314

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I absolutely love this car! In May I took a job in Yuma, Arizona and due to a variety of circumstances I will be commuting weekly between Las Vegas and Yuma for the foreseeable future. Not wanting to beat my Lexus GS450h up on the winding, dipping, bumpy 2 lane 280 mile drive loaded with semi-tractor trailer commerce and lines of traffic, at first I rented. That proved less than satisfactory, so I began looking for a vehicle that was comfortable, good on gas, equipped with spirited engine to pass the big rigs, some convenience features plus a decent sound system and, of course, competitive price. And I was determined to land on made in America.

Favorite Features

Loaded down with Consumer Reports, Edmund's and comfortable shoes I began shopping. Chevy Impala No! Ford Taurus OK. Buick Lacrosse not enough juice, pricey. Dodge Charger close, but no cigar. Then sitting near the Charger, the Chrysler 300. One drive I think Im hook. So I read and re-read Edmund's review and I test drive not once but 4 times. This has got to be right. Heres what I purchased.

Suggested Improvements

Chrysler 300S V-6 with the luxury group at a manufacturers suggested price of $38,400. Now Im not saying thats cheap but what a car for the money! Very smooth, awfully quiet, nice and comfy, low on the fatigue factor, punchy engine, good mileage on regular gas (same as my GS450h [h as in hybrid] which requires premium), a terrific Dr. Dre sound system, fabulous 8 speed transmission (love the shifter), quality materials all around and a road hugging ride. The dealer wasnt Lexus but I can live with that. I got a great out the door price. Imported from Detroit! Nice, very nice.

I once said I would never buy American again.
By peegeejr

2012 Chrysler 300 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

OMG...... Now this is the weirdest thing about this vehicle it's a base model but has a couple of features that doesn't come on the base but is in mines so lets say for the argument its a base model 2012 Chrysler 300. It states on the sticker "Up to 19 cty/31 hwy mpg" and it does, I owned a Toyota Corolla as my last car previously had a 2001 Cadillac DTS Honda Accord and a Pontiac since 1997 the mileage is slightly less then the Corolla yeah that's right but I do drive mostly hwy back and forth to work. This car beats the Caddy hands down in ride and performance I accidentally stepped on the gas accessing the highway and for the life of me the car raised up and went .... wow beautiful insi

Favorite Features

It's LOOKS ... turns heads of the Mercedes crowd and the Audi's ride is superb. Passed a Bently on I 290 and he had to give me a nod.

Suggested Improvements

Even thought it's a base model but it cost above 25.000.00 I think they could have went with minimum 18 in. wheels and fog lamps and leather interior standard hmmmph but still a sweet ride though

Surprised and pleased
By dasbmr

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was in need of a full size sedan with decent gas mileage and went out looking. I drove a couple of German options and others. I decided to try the Chrysler 300. I went to the dealer not expecting much, but after test dricing the 300S version, I was hooked and drove him with it that night. It's very quick and it gets an amazing 30 MPG highway. It's very quiet inside and the BEATS audio system is excellent. Finally, an American sedan that can run with the big dawgs from Germany. Nice work Detroit!

Favorite Features

Excellent gas mileage. Very quiet interior. Great handling for a large car.

Suggested Improvements

The t-handle shifter takes some getting used to. Sometimes the U-Connect system has trouble pairing with my phone.

Awesome!!
By eveninggus

2012 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Just sold my Lexus LS for this car. My cars before that were Infiniti M35, Lexus GS430, BMW 540 sport. This car is better than them all. Harmon Kardon Sound blows away all of the rest. The balance of ride, handling and comfort is superior. The 5.7 liter Hemi has better performance that all of them. Only the 540 comes close, but still not as good. What a value, with a car like this on the market for 45,000; why would anyone spend 40 grand more for a LS460 or BMW 550?

Favorite Features

HEMI, Ventilated seats, comfort and handling, Harmon Kardon Sound.

Suggested Improvements

8 speed transmission on the Hemi.