Used 2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Most Helpful|
Big American Rear Wheel Drive V8
By bcharles1

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

What can I say? the 300C takes us back to old school USA days when cars were big, rear wheel drive, V8 luxury liners - that is exactly what this 300C represents. The ride is incredibly plush yet handles quite well when needed. Great turning radius as well.

Favorite Features

V8 Rear Wheel Drive Nav/Info system is one of the best I've used. Leather is on par with my BMWs. Just a great looking car plain and simple. Acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Hey, if you can lower the price that would be nice!

I love my 300!!
By 4matthewsfx

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought July of 2012...base model, with Nav system, Uconnect, and upgraded audio...sticker was 32,210...with 8yr Maxcare 120,000 mile warranty, taxes, roadhazard tire, tags, 27k out the door!!! So far pleased. Car is very comfortable. After 22,000 miles, I never reset mpg meter and I am at 28.5 mpg!!! 3.6L w/ 8 spd is awesome, do not regret opting for this over HEMI. With four people on board to Virginia from NJ, car was very comfortable, no suspension sag, handled great, mpg was still at 29 on highway w/ a/c on at 80 mph, power is great. I cannot say enoug about the style and interior! I absolutely love this car!!

Favorite Features

Uconnect and Nav system flawless. Car handles and rides very well....super smooth when cruising. I get compliments all the time....esp with my color....luxury brown.....very rare color from what I can tell since it is the ONLY one I have seen. Great comfortable seats, space and big trunk. MPG is GREAT....consistanly stays at 28mpg, I always get over 450 miles per tank. Great dealership experiences thus far. I love the gauges and interior lighting. 3.6 and 8spd ZF ROCK!! I love how it downshifts and holds a gear when I take a turn swiftly. Very smart, great driving position. After 22k miles, the brakes and tires show extremely minimal wear. after 7200 miles on this oil, still full and clean.

Suggested Improvements

As in my 11 F-150, I wish the door had pronounced checks in them, so when u open doors in wind or on hill, they do not fly open, also, when driver door are all the way open, it is hard to reach to close them when sitting in car (and I have abnormally long arms) I do not like how the driver seatback creaks when I initially take of from stop, or first apply the brakes, plus when pass seat is empty, it squeeks slightly on rough roads. Minor quality issues...pass power window makes a pop/clunk when it hits top or bottom of travel. I will have it looked at soon since I am due for synthetic oil change. Slight tap alng top of dash board from that piece of trim where defrost vents on rough roads.

Compares favoriable to German Luxury
By dasbmr

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I really liked the way the 300S looks; very refined and strong. So, I went down to the dealership and drove the beast. I actually went down to drive the SRT, but when I learned the S has 300 HP and gets 32 MPG, I couldnt resist. It drives extremely quiet down the road and the extra gear transmission really makes a difference. Got the 20" wheels, which look great to fill out the wheel wells.

Favorite Features

MPG and cooled cup holders!

Suggested Improvements

The interior lights dome lights near the rearview mirror feel cheap and rattle a bit. An easy fix.

One year later, still love it!
By wndsofchng06

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've now had my 300 for a year. It is a great car. Good styling, good handling, very comfortable for my long commute. When I punch the gas to merge on to the highway, the "fly by wire" sometimes delays a second, but the car kicks up and goes! Having traded my mustang in on this car, I have no regrets. I can now carry passengers and get 31MPG on my 50 mile highway commute! I've had no quality issues and already have 32,000 miles in the first year.

Favorite Features

I love the lack of buttons inside. Very clean and simple looking. The seats support your body very well and I love the radio controls in the back of the steering wheel (Chrysler has always been good at both of these). The auto climate control is great .

Suggested Improvements

The "fly by wire" throttle response could be better, could use better cup holders for rear seat passengers. The tan colored rubber floor mats "scuff" easily and never return to original color, next time I'll get black mats. The CD player should play MP3 CDs.

Exceeds All Expectations
By chrisg75077

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Mopar....to those children of the 70's it conjures up the cream of all muscle....then....KABOOM! The whole thing goes to hell. K-cars, Omni's, and the rest of the K-rap. Then....the new 300...and in 2012, the 2nd generation. All I can say is value, beauty, quickness and all wrapped in a luxurious package. Sure...it doesn't get the looks of my Jaguar...but hell it runs every time, so I am impressed. I love this car. Period.

Favorite Features

All features. every single one.

Suggested Improvements

To the car....Nope.