Used 2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

One year later, still love it!
By wndsofchng06

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've now had my 300 for a year. It is a great car. Good styling, good handling, very comfortable for my long commute. When I punch the gas to merge on to the highway, the "fly by wire" sometimes delays a second, but the car kicks up and goes! Having traded my mustang in on this car, I have no regrets. I can now carry passengers and get 31MPG on my 50 mile highway commute! I've had no quality issues and already have 32,000 miles in the first year.

I love the lack of buttons inside. Very clean and simple looking. The seats support your body very well and I love the radio controls in the back of the steering wheel (Chrysler has always been good at both of these). The auto climate control is great .

The "fly by wire" throttle response could be better, could use better cup holders for rear seat passengers. The tan colored rubber floor mats "scuff" easily and never return to original color, next time I'll get black mats. The CD player should play MP3 CDs.

I love my 300!!
By 4matthewsfx

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought July of 2012...base model, with Nav system, Uconnect, and upgraded audio...sticker was 32,210...with 8yr Maxcare 120,000 mile warranty, taxes, roadhazard tire, tags, 27k out the door!!! So far pleased. Car is very comfortable. After 22,000 miles, I never reset mpg meter and I am at 28.5 mpg!!! 3.6L w/ 8 spd is awesome, do not regret opting for this over HEMI. With four people on board to Virginia from NJ, car was very comfortable, no suspension sag, handled great, mpg was still at 29 on highway w/ a/c on at 80 mph, power is great. I cannot say enoug about the style and interior! I absolutely love this car!!

Uconnect and Nav system flawless. Car handles and rides very well....super smooth when cruising. I get compliments all the time....esp with my color....luxury brown.....very rare color from what I can tell since it is the ONLY one I have seen. Great comfortable seats, space and big trunk. MPG is GREAT....consistanly stays at 28mpg, I always get over 450 miles per tank. Great dealership experiences thus far. I love the gauges and interior lighting. 3.6 and 8spd ZF ROCK!! I love how it downshifts and holds a gear when I take a turn swiftly. Very smart, great driving position. After 22k miles, the brakes and tires show extremely minimal wear. after 7200 miles on this oil, still full and clean.

As in my 11 F-150, I wish the door had pronounced checks in them, so when u open doors in wind or on hill, they do not fly open, also, when driver door are all the way open, it is hard to reach to close them when sitting in car (and I have abnormally long arms) I do not like how the driver seatback creaks when I initially take of from stop, or first apply the brakes, plus when pass seat is empty, it squeeks slightly on rough roads. Minor quality issues...pass power window makes a pop/clunk when it hits top or bottom of travel. I will have it looked at soon since I am due for synthetic oil change. Slight tap alng top of dash board from that piece of trim where defrost vents on rough roads.

High Tech can Leave You Wanting More
By taz49

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Luxury Series 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased new and before first payment is made I am on my 4th trip to the dealer for repair. Worst yet the basic consumer relation response is once we fix the Nav you'll have a great car. The vehicle ratings would certainly be higher if I was not given a brand new car with 14 miles with a broken Nav and now back up camera needs repairs. This is my 4th Chrysler product and I test drove 10 other cars before I picked the 300. The safety features combined with power and performance.

Fun to drive and really comfortable.

Try to find ways to still improve gas milage and reduce tire costs.

Exceeds All Expectations
By chrisg75077

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Mopar....to those children of the 70's it conjures up the cream of all muscle....then....KABOOM! The whole thing goes to hell. K-cars, Omni's, and the rest of the K-rap. Then....the new 300...and in 2012, the 2nd generation. All I can say is value, beauty, quickness and all wrapped in a luxurious package. Sure...it doesn't get the looks of my Jaguar...but hell it runs every time, so I am impressed. I love this car. Period.

All features. every single one.

To the car....Nope.

Compares favoriable to German Luxury
By dasbmr

2012 Chrysler 300 Sedan S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I really liked the way the 300S looks; very refined and strong. So, I went down to the dealership and drove the beast. I actually went down to drive the SRT, but when I learned the S has 300 HP and gets 32 MPG, I couldnt resist. It drives extremely quiet down the road and the extra gear transmission really makes a difference. Got the 20" wheels, which look great to fill out the wheel wells.

MPG and cooled cup holders!

The interior lights dome lights near the rearview mirror feel cheap and rattle a bit. An easy fix.