Used 2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Best 4Door family sedan ever purchased! Period!
By Karl Mull

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Absolutely the best car I've ever, ever owned. And I've owned a few in my life. It's quiet, responsive, comfortable on long trips, Very cheap on gas (32MPG HWY!), absolutely no maintenance until 100K, not one squeak, rattle, nothing! If you're looking for the best large family sedan under $45K this car is the only one to buy! Love it.

Compares favoriable to German Luxury
By dasbmr

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I really liked the way the 300S looks; very refined and strong.
So, I went down to the dealership and drove the beast.
I actually went down to drive the SRT, but when I learned the S has 300 HP and gets 32 MPG, I couldnt resist.
It drives extremely quiet down the road and the extra gear transmission really makes a difference.
Got the 20" wheels, which look great to fill out the wheel wells.

MPG and cooled cup holders!

The interior lights dome lights near the rearview mirror feel cheap and rattle a bit. An easy fix.

Reminds me of a Bentley
By unionjack

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Of all the cars I have owned the 300 is the best. I compare ir to a Bentley, smooth, great ride and in many ways luxurious. The gas mileage is fantastic, during a recent trip to Canada the 300 averaged 31.4, wonderful for such a large vehicle. The power for a 6 cyl is really superior and the handling is smooth wonderfully reliable and consistant...I dont have to think constantly about what it may do.

Love the touch screen and the GPS. The stereo is clear and non-evasive. I really like the over all design of the 300.

The seats can be 'sluggish' they do not feel firm. This can be distracting when driving even with lumbar and other assists.

My best car yet
By paco0314

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I absolutely love this car! In May I took a job in Yuma, Arizona and due to a variety of circumstances I will be commuting weekly between Las Vegas and Yuma for the foreseeable future. Not wanting to beat my Lexus GS450h up on the winding, dipping, bumpy 2 lane 280 mile drive loaded with semi-tractor trailer commerce and lines of traffic, at first I rented.
That proved less than satisfactory, so I began looking for a vehicle that was comfortable, good on gas, equipped with spirited engine to pass the big rigs, some convenience features plus a decent sound system and, of course, competitive price.
And I was determined to land on made in America.

Loaded down with Consumer Reports, Edmund's and comfortable shoes I began shopping. Chevy Impala –No! Ford Taurus – OK. Buick Lacrosse – not enough juice, pricey. Dodge Charger – close, but no cigar. Then sitting near the Charger, the Chrysler 300. One drive I think I’m hook. So I read and re-read Edmund's review and I test drive not once but 4 times. This has got to be right. Here’s what I purchased.

Chrysler 300S V-6 with the luxury group at a manufacturers suggested price of $38,400. Now I’m not saying that’s cheap but what a car for the money! Very smooth, awfully quiet, nice and comfy, low on the fatigue factor, punchy engine, good mileage on regular gas (same as my GS450h [h as in hybrid] which requires premium), a terrific Dr. Dre sound system, fabulous 8 speed transmission (love the shifter), quality materials all around and a road hugging ride. The dealer wasn’t Lexus but I can live with that. I got a great out the door price. Imported from Detroit! Nice, very nice.

Surprised and pleased
By dasbmr

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was in need of a full size sedan with decent gas mileage and went out looking.
I drove a couple of German options and others.
I decided to try the Chrysler 300.
I went to the dealer not expecting much, but after test dricing the 300S version, I was hooked and drove him with it that night.
It's very quick and it gets an amazing 30 MPG highway.
It's very quiet inside and the BEATS audio system is excellent.
Finally, an American sedan that can run with the big dawgs from Germany.
Nice work Detroit!

Excellent gas mileage. Very quiet interior. Great handling for a large car.

The t-handle shifter takes some getting used to. Sometimes the U-Connect system has trouble pairing with my phone.