Used 2012 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Painless purchase
By Doc

2012 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

There were a lot more amenities than we expected. We purchased for the low end price according to KBB.

Who said Chryslers aren't reliable?
By Jonathan Cokes

2012 Chrysler 300 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This has been the best Chrysler we've owned by far. This is our 4th Chrysler between me and my girlfriend and this 300 hasn't failed us yet. Previously I owned and 1999 Chrysler LHS (Brought it in 2001), an 1999 300m and a she had 2006 Dodge Charger R/T purchased in 2007. The 2012 Chrysler 300 Limited hasn't had not one issue and it has 68,000 miles on it. It has on had oil changes and brakes. The brakes took 3 years to wear down. We room a road trip in it from Chicago to Bloomington, Mn and I reset the fuel data to see how many mpg the 300 got per gallon. We filled up the tank and made it to Minnesota with 3/8 of a tank of gas left. The mpg read at 39.3 which blew my socks off. I used cruise control almost all of the trip that's probably why but the vehicle is also comfortable and can seat 5 adults. It glides through traffic and the engine is powerful. This was a great choice because I have friends that own Toyota Camry's (ignition coil issues $1900 to repair and Variable valve timing problems $2,200 repair) and Honda Accords and they have had major problems and constant recalls. The 300 has little to no road noise and the interior design is a thousand times better than those boring Asian interiors. I love this car and will purchase another vehicle in the Chrysler family (HellCat) in the near future.

Love Hate Relationship
By Judy Matthews

2012 Chrysler 300 S V6 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my 300's comfort level and look, however, I am extremely disappointed with the electrical features. My BlueTooth is inoperable, USB ports stopped working, reverse camera blinks, and cruise control works just sometimes. Other than that, which is a great inconvenience, I love the vehicle.

One year later, still love it!
By wndsofchng06

2012 Chrysler 300 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've now had my 300 for a year.
It is a great car. Good styling, good handling, very comfortable for my long commute.
When I punch the gas to merge on to the highway, the "fly by wire" sometimes delays a second, but the car kicks up and goes! Having traded my mustang in on this car, I have no regrets.
I can now carry passengers and get 31MPG on my 50 mile highway commute!
I've had no quality issues and already have 32,000 miles in the first year.

I love the lack of buttons inside. Very clean and simple looking. The seats support your body very well and I love the radio controls in the back of the steering wheel (Chrysler has always been good at both of these). The auto climate control is great .

The "fly by wire" throttle response could be better, could use better cup holders for rear seat passengers. The tan colored rubber floor mats "scuff" easily and never return to original color, next time I'll get black mats. The CD player should play MP3 CDs.

I love my 300!!
By 4matthewsfx

2012 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought July of 2012...base model, with Nav system, Uconnect, and upgraded audio...sticker was 32,210...with 8yr Maxcare 120,000 mile warranty, taxes, roadhazard tire, tags, 27k out the door!!! So far pleased. Car is very comfortable. After 22,000 miles, I never reset mpg meter and I am at 28.5 mpg!!! 3.6L w/ 8 spd is awesome, do not regret opting for this over HEMI. With four people on board to Virginia from NJ, car was very comfortable, no suspension sag, handled great, mpg was still at 29 on highway w/ a/c on at 80 mph, power is great. I cannot say enoug about the style and interior! I absolutely love this car!!

Uconnect and Nav system flawless. Car handles and rides very well....super smooth when cruising. I get compliments all the time....esp with my color....luxury brown.....very rare color from what I can tell since it is the ONLY one I have seen. Great comfortable seats, space and big trunk. MPG is GREAT....consistanly stays at 28mpg, I always get over 450 miles per tank. Great dealership experiences thus far. I love the gauges and interior lighting. 3.6 and 8spd ZF ROCK!! I love how it downshifts and holds a gear when I take a turn swiftly. Very smart, great driving position. After 22k miles, the brakes and tires show extremely minimal wear. after 7200 miles on this oil, still full and clean.

As in my 11 F-150, I wish the door had pronounced checks in them, so when u open doors in wind or on hill, they do not fly open, also, when driver door are all the way open, it is hard to reach to close them when sitting in car (and I have abnormally long arms) I do not like how the driver seatback creaks when I initially take of from stop, or first apply the brakes, plus when pass seat is empty, it squeeks slightly on rough roads. Minor quality issues...pass power window makes a pop/clunk when it hits top or bottom of travel. I will have it looked at soon since I am due for synthetic oil change. Slight tap alng top of dash board from that piece of trim where defrost vents on rough roads.