2011 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: An awesome boulevard cruiser,

2011 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

Limited Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 5-speed Automatic)

An awesome boulevard cruiser, NOT a sports sedan
By oldsnwbrdr on

2011 Chrysler 300 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

My wife was looking at a 2011 Taurus to replace her 2003 one. She likes brash American sedans, and while we liked the new Taurus, I encouraged her to drive the new 300 based upon the reviews I've read thus far. We have owned the car for two weeks and this review summarizes our early findings.

The car is incredibly smooth, quiet, and refined, much more so than the new Taurus and even more than my 2009 Mercedes C300. The version we bought was loaded with everything except for 20" wheels and high-end audio. Only the Taurus and the Hyundai Genesis can be comparably-equipped for the price, and the Chrysler feels much richer than either of those cars. The 8" touchscreen manages all of the electronics functions intuitively, and the quality of the interior appointments is very impressive. The exterior styling has been only subtly changed from the previous version, a good thing, IMO. The car still gets lots of stares. We are getting 23 to 24 MPG in mixed city/freeway driving.

This is a big, heavy car, and feels it. While powerful, the 6-cylinder engine has a lot of weight to push around. We were very disappointed that AWD is not available with the 6-cylinder engine, so snow tires will be a must for our northern winters. iPod interface is disappointing, as one cannot select music from playlists. Cannot use voice commands to program the Garmin GPS, a handy feature the Taurus offered. Ventilated seats are subtle and you cannot feel air being pushed out of them. Broadband connection (for music) with my iPhone works but unreliably so. The trunk often takes several attempts to close, it is the only detail that feels cheap on the car.