Used 2009 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews - 2 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

2009 Chrysler 300 SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (2 reviews )

Muscle with Luxury
By Mr. V.

2009 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have to admit, going from a highpower two seater to this monster was quite a shock. I really enjoy getting out of a vehicle unwrinkled. I have an incredible amount of raw horsepower under the hood. I mean those fancy two seat cars are fun but no real dignity or comfort climbing in and out of one. The SRT8 not only has comfort and ease of handling but an incredible amount of space in the interior. Way to old these days to entertain in the back seat but this baby could hold an entire salesman convention party. We're talking more room in the front seat of the 300 than a Range Rover front seat.

Love those chirping tires when using the 5 speed shifting option. Enough power to outrun most sport cars out there. Too bad they probably will never allow a motor this big to go in a passenger vehicle again.

A little mushy on the suspension side. Really heavy vehicle but well worth the electronic toys that add the extra pounds. The 6.1 engine more than compensates for weight. Probably an electronic option or magic button to stiffen the suspension for Freeway driving.

excellent car
By Jim

2009 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I traded in my 2007 SRT Design for a 09 300c SRT8 (wish I would have purchased the SRT8 to start with) the 07 was nice but the performance increase with the 6.1 Hemi is amazing. Even at 4000+ pounds this car performs! And the looks, well, I see guys driving Mercedes checking my car out while driving down the road or at stop lights. Anyone looking for a incredibly fun car to drive and one that will get you looks from everyone else, the 300C is the car, go with SRT8 if you can afford it.

Exterior, sounds system, performance, handling, pretty much the whole car....

Not sure how much longer Chrysler will make the 300c, but can we pull some weight off this car please?