2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

300C Hemi Heritage Edition -Cool Vanilla
By RichmondVA300C

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car new in 2009...last one in the showroom. It is the Heritage Edition, so it comes standard with many interior upgrades such as the U- Connect, NAV, MPEG with 40GIG Hardrive, as well as a very sharp camel color interior and special leather seats. In addition, the 300C comes with the standard stuff that really makes the car special...like adaptive cruise control, Bose Stereo with 400W Amp, power steering tilt and pedals, memory seats, engine cuts from 8 to 4 cylinders to save fuel etc. I could go on for days about the standard/added features features on the 300C. I am 6'5" tall and fit in the car great. Truly a joy to drive, although gas mileage is quite disappointing.

Favorite Features

Cylinder Cutout, Bose Stereo, HEMI, seats, curb appeal, lifetime powertrain warranty. (non transferrable if buying used...FYI) Too many great extras to list.

Suggested Improvements

Fuel mileage is disappointing. I average b/n 17-19.5 mpg and drive 65% highway. Non-transferrable lifetime powertrain warranty.... this needs to be changed.

2008 300C: A great buy
By OceanP

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After a younger generation of my family totalled my Lincoln LS on ice, I was in the market for a replacement. Drove many of the "reliable" imports: ranging from Infinity to Lexus. Then I drove the 300C. The others are all great cars, but none offered the classic styling and the WOW effect of the 300C, and the power of the HEMI. The car has been great so far and consistently gives 22 to 23 mpg on the highway runs visiting my kid at college. Great comfort, ride and performance to boot! And unique looks to go with it. The interior could stand to be upgraded a bit. You can see where Chrysler cut corners: But still very liveable inside and out. Just wish the exhaust note was a bit throatier.

Favorite Features

Love the HEMI power: 340 horses of them. Interior is very comfortable on long distance drives. Great looking car. After all the years it has been out, it still turns heads!

Suggested Improvements

Prefer to see better build inside for a car of this stature. Power lumbar should have been standard on the 300C. Desperately miss an audio mute button when u-connect is not an option. Speed sensitive audio volume control wouldn't hurt either.

My review
By Julio Diaz

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'd been with my car barely a month, but it had been an incredible experience. The ride, the interior comfort plus the looks of the car are second to none. The engine response it fantastic, plenty of power to move the big body.

Favorite Features

All the gadget inside the car, VES system is great, and the dash board is amazing. Also the Boston Acoustic sound system is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

Rear spoiler should be included, bigger wheels and a mesh grille.

Two in a row
By John J. Goran

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I leased an 05 330C with a Hemi in it. I loved this car and was prepared to purchase it. The car was loaded and gave me zero mechanical problems. When I passed by my dealer to look around at the 08's, I discussed with them the fact that leasing was not something Chrysler was pushing. However, I was directed to an 08 300C Hemi with the SRT design package. It has the standard Hemi, but it's own 20 inch rims, handling package, steering, exhaust and other features from the SRT8. The fuel savings not available on the SRT8 are available on the car I purchased. I love it. Great aggressive styling with multivalve- displacement giving better mileage. Have yet to see one like it on the road.

Favorite Features

The engine, leather seats, handling, and look of the car

Suggested Improvements

None

2 in a row
By Paul Eisen

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have my 2nd. 300C and couldn't be more satisfied. Comfort & performance are the best features. Highway mpg is 27- 28, but have seen 30+ many times. The available power is a plus. Only concern is the size of the brakes, needs better stopping ability, otherwise it is the best value around for the money. Huge trunk and ergonomic perfection.

Favorite Features

Comfort, performance, size of trunk.

Suggested Improvements

Larger brakes, I get a shudder up fromt when hard braking from high speed. Get rid of low mileage self sealing tires.

Interiors
By JAY

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

To me the car is flawless except for some parts to the interior. Why there is only an off-White headliner is beyond me. Cream or light tan would add so much more class. The total black dash with tortoise-shell accents is great, but the headliner should either match or be contrasted with something softer. The two-toned dash looks off somehow. Also, a body style like this craves darker colors, like maroon metal flake, to show off the lines. Color selection is so limited. Right now, only black looks good enough to buy. The dash could be more 3- dimensional, and not so flat, but the blue glow should stay. You guys are close, though.

Favorite Features

styling in certain colors

Suggested Improvements

bland gray interior is boring. try cream seats and headliner with black dash and console (with tortoise shell inserts) - you'll see what i mean. now that's luxury. make the egg-crate grill go away and make the mesh grill standard.

Mercedes S430 to Chrysler 300 - Love It
By Mercedes S to 300

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I own a Mercedes S430 that I drive as a personal vehicle and purchased the 300 Hemi, AWD as my company car. I have driven the car 12,000 miles in the last 4 months and love it. It is as comfortable as my Mercedes and has many of the same features. Had I owned the 300 prior to the Mercedes I would never have purchased the Mercedes. The 300 is just as much fun to drive, has the same comfort level and only lacks some rear seat leg room in comparison. This won't be my last 300 but this will be my last MB S430.

Favorite Features

Hemi, AWD, Auto Cruise Control, Back up warning system, Navigation System, Sound System including Hard Drive for my music eliminating the need for CD changer and storage.

Suggested Improvements

Rear Seat leg room.

WON OVER !!!
By Terry

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my Hemi. I went from an '01 Avalon to this hemi. My Avalon was a little more luxurious than my hemi, but the car handles so much better! It really turns heads!! The Avalon looks so much like the other Toyotas that people didn't know that I had a top of the line car. This one, looks, feels, and is a much better buy. Easy on the eyes and I get as much or better gas mileage as my Avalon. I was a die hard Toyota fan, but this car has changed my mind. I love it.

Favorite Features

The body styling, the great handling, and the impressive power!!! You get a lot for your money. What more could you want?

Suggested Improvements

Maybe cooled seats along with the heated seats. But that is all I can think of!!!!

New owner
By Furyous

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I like the car except for a couple of minor issues. I love the 4/8 cylinder switching. The power is instant when you need it. Too bad the molding was coming loose on the first day we owned it. Also the cup holders are in the stupidest place possible. If you actually put cups (even small) in them you have a hard time getting to the gear shift. The lack of a trash can or even a place to stick one in a car this big is annoying.

Favorite Features

The engine ROCKS! Ride is nice and noise is low

Suggested Improvements

&$#&%#@*!! cup holder placement. Trash can. Molding to stay on longer than a day ;)

2008 300C Heritage Edition
By SchatzieII

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

55 mph=30 mpg 65 mph 27+ 1000 mile trip @ 75 mph and city driving gave me 24.7 mpg very surprising. Last year my pt cruiser got 21.5 same trip. Traded in a 2005 mustang and a Mercedes and we love this car. It is a little of both. 2008 is so beautiful with changes to trunk, rear light and inside. Didn't know it had so many add ons. 0-60 timer is neat. If you can buy the heritage edition, do it! See one and u will understand. The power is terrific. 400 lbs of torque! People's heads screw around versions of this car have been around since 2005. They edge up to look inside. To me all the other competitors look like someone stomped on their hood. Ugly lot! This car makes old fellow like me happy!

Favorite Features

Bluetooth, Nav system with pictures of my family on screen, satellite radio music without commercials, leather bucket seats on Heritage model, fold down rear seats, radar controlled cruise control, fantastic on a trip. Top speed, MPG +, large gauges, 4 cylinder running..can feel it. 0-60 timer. DVD

Suggested Improvements

Anything else would be a miracle. It has everything. Maybe video backing but present system is great. Car starts itself. Only thing it doesn't do is steer so that's it auto steering.