Used 2008 Chrysler 300 LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Love this badboy
By gattor75

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 08 - 300 LX used with 57k already piled on him. Right arm started hurting (squeaking), just massaged it with oil - WD40 and that was it. I've piled an additional 18k on his back and he's still running like the day I first brought him home, good boy! Smooth ride, quite cabin, roomy interior what else? Oh! even my ex-wife loves him though she kicked against the idea when we were married. lol

Exterior design; eye balls, bold nose, heart under the hood, ground clearance, sound of the horn...can't list it all. Interior comfort, quite cabin, data radio etc.

Compass, Trip computer, ESP should be standard on all 300s. Afterall my 05 Sebring had it and it hurts to know that an 08-300 does n't have a feature...sad, sad:(

Fantastic vehicle
By Alex Povolotski

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Drove 3000 miles in it in winter time across Canadian border over a couple of weeks. Didn't have any technical issues but for one -- tachometer needle went all the way around the dial and then came back to normal in an instant. That happened on several occasions. Electrical problem, I assume. It didn't rev the engine though, just the needle behaved strangely. Very large full-size (finally!) real American vehicle. Drives fantastic! Cushy ride. Rides on Merc undercarriage actually. Smooth and seamless power delivery. Chryslers and Dodges are actually known for their powerful engines. Very stylish and comfortable car to drive.

Size, looks, power, cushy ride, interior room.

Good as is.

The 300
By amarkovic

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best car ever for the money. I hope they don't change the design, this one is #1 for good

all

none, state of art

Think Crown Victoria
By It's a Yawner!

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just put 18,000 miles on a 2008 Impala LT in 6 months and swapped to the 08 300 LX, both are company fleet vehicles and equipped with fleet packages. Both cars are about the same money but the Impala handled much better. The 300 doesn't hold a center line and is very susceptible to cross winds. The Impala had more features, auto headlights, dual climate controls, flex fuel, remote start as standard. The 2.7 motor in the 300 is okay when cruising but it really works on hills. The 300 is roomier and is distinctive looking vs the rental car look of the Impala. The 300 is boring to drive think Buick LeSabre, Ford or Mercury rear drive cars. I would have rather had a hemi and sport suspension!

Distinctive looks, analog clock, fold down rear seats.

Locking fuel filler Door, Auto headlamps, remote start as standard. Better handling less drifting. 5 speed automatic. Get rid of the ashtray and put in two power outlets.

Psyched about my new 300!
By jcarroll82

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is styling, profiling - so let's size it up. If you trust the pro reviews, the 2.7 is just too wimpy to swing this bad boy around. Not enough power, they whine. Sure, I'd love to have the Hemi SRT8. But I can't even imagine how powerful that car must be. But there's NOTHING wimpy about the 2.7. It zips and zooms, handles like a dream. So for around 20k, I get a stylish, luxurious head-turner, with Mercedes E Class underpinnings. Sure, everyone THINKS the car is way faster than it is. And maybe that's why the pros dig on the 2.7. It's just not worthy. But I LOVE this car. It saved me from boring large, boring sedanville. Definitely the coolest big boy sedan under 25K!

Sweet body styling, superb handling, impressive power - incredible bang for the buck. So far, there's nothing I don't like about this car. And everyone thinks it's WAY more expensive. Maybe I'll just slap on a 300 Hemi C badge from the dealer - who's to know?

The Great American Package is NOT an option. You must get it. It's like 15k worth of Mercedes upgrades (ABS, ACS) for $1500. Plus side airbags, alloy wheels, a sweet 6 DVD sound system. Minus these improvements, the base LX is MUCH less appealing.