2008 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Love this badboy
By gattor75 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 08 - 300 LX used with 57k already piled on him. Right arm started hurting (squeaking), just massaged it with oil - WD40 and that was it. I've piled an additional 18k on his back and he's still running like the day I first brought him home, good boy! Smooth ride, quite cabin, roomy interior what else? Oh! even my ex-wife loves him though she kicked against the idea when we were married. lol

Fantastic vehicle
By Alex Povolotski on 01/07/10 18:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Drove 3000 miles in it in winter time across Canadian border over a couple of weeks. Didn't have any technical issues but for one -- tachometer needle went all the way around the dial and then came back to normal in an instant. That happened on several occasions. Electrical problem, I assume. It didn't rev the engine though, just the needle behaved strangely. Very large full-size (finally!) real American vehicle. Drives fantastic! Cushy ride. Rides on Merc undercarriage actually. Smooth and seamless power delivery. Chryslers and Dodges are actually known for their powerful engines. Very stylish and comfortable car to drive.

The 300
By amarkovic on 06/07/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Best car ever for the money. I hope they don't change the design, this one is #1 for good

Think Crown Victoria
By It's a Yawner! on 06/02/08 19:12 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just put 18,000 miles on a 2008 Impala LT in 6 months and swapped to the 08 300 LX, both are company fleet vehicles and equipped with fleet packages. Both cars are about the same money but the Impala handled much better. The 300 doesn't hold a center line and is very susceptible to cross winds. The Impala had more features, auto headlights, dual climate controls, flex fuel, remote start as standard. The 2.7 motor in the 300 is okay when cruising but it really works on hills. The 300 is roomier and is distinctive looking vs the rental car look of the Impala. The 300 is boring to drive think Buick LeSabre, Ford or Mercury rear drive cars. I would have rather had a hemi and sport suspension!

Psyched about my new 300!
By jcarroll82 on 05/15/08 18:36 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is styling, profiling - so let's size it up. If you trust the pro reviews, the 2.7 is just too wimpy to swing this bad boy around. Not enough power, they whine. Sure, I'd love to have the Hemi SRT8. But I can't even imagine how powerful that car must be. But there's NOTHING wimpy about the 2.7. It zips and zooms, handles like a dream. So for around 20k, I get a stylish, luxurious head-turner, with Mercedes E Class underpinnings. Sure, everyone THINKS the car is way faster than it is. And maybe that's why the pros dig on the 2.7. It's just not worthy. But I LOVE this car. It saved me from boring large, boring sedanville. Definitely the coolest big boy sedan under 25K!

Love My Chrysler!
By Lorraine on 05/07/08 09:54 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the base line model after test driving more expensive imports. For the price, it was a no-brainer! If I had known how much I would enjoy this car, I probably would have spent more and purchased the touring model. Still, my car looks and drives like a MUCH more expensive auto; gets good gas mileage with this smaller engine and has been trouble free.

Blah Blah
By asjemery on 03/27/08 11:53 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Nicely styled exterior with those narrow windows results in limited visibility that is borderline dangerous. Between the front roof post and side view mirrors...look out on turns. The interior was spacious but bland, with nothing to recommend or criticize too hard. I had the V6, which made the car's interior sound like a truck, and was the noisiest I've driven in years. It did provide good acceleration, and was well matched to the car's below average handling. The engine was not as thirsty as I feared. I got 22-24 mpg in mostly suburban driving. Handling is only adequate - you really have to work the steering wheel, and the car's long wheelbase doesn't help.

Pleasantly Surprised
By Peter R on 03/14/08 19:57 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I was very reluctant to purchase an American car after experiencing the reliability of some Japanese makes, but I must say, this car feels extremely well built and it really delivers a superior ride and feel than the Japanese cars I've driven. Even with the base LX, you still get a well appointed semi-luxurious ride with an adequate engine. It's tough to complain about the 2.7L when it delivers gas mileage in the mid to high 20's. I am really impressed with this car and would highly recommend it. If you're looking at any Nissan, Honda, or Toyota in the low-mid $20's, give the 300 a chance.

Love my 300
By ROCK on 03/03/08 08:12 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

So I went against the preferred engine and really I think the concerns are a little overrated about it. I think if you want performance slapping a massive engine in it wouldn't satisfy my personal preferences. In saying that we bought this because $4 gas will soon be a reality. The car rides incredible, the fit and finish is the best of any Chrysler I have owned by far. The road noise is minimal and the look is just sleek it looks like a much more expensive car. The stereo sounds great and the sets are very top notch. We traded in a Durango and this has more leg room in the rear then our SUV had. I am really pleased with my purchase and the 25 mpg makes me smile.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.