Used 2008 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Superb Vehicle
By beniciajoe

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Great style, great performance and total comfort make for a superb vehicle. This is my second 300, with the first being a 2006 Touring model. The Touring was a more balanced car, delivering everything I needed. But the 300C Heritage Edition give me everything I want. Speed, comfort and reliability. Great highway cruiser, and it pulls strong up to it's 130 mph electronic limit. Nice neutral handling through the turns, and good communication as you approach the car's limit's. Amazing comfort and stereo combine to make the miles effortless. I now have 148,000 miles, and no problems yet - I still have the original brake pads and rotors! I can afford a new car, but this has everything.

2008 chrysler 300 touring
By billida300

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with my car and the dealers in northeast Ohio don't know what they r doing!!Leather seats cracked at 28,000 miles,crank sensor seal leaked and had to be replaced 2 x.Lumbar adjustment broke after dealer replaced the leather seat covering, dealer ordered 4 seat covers before I finally got my color.Then motor starts ticking and its the Valves so the dealer fixes and then says a new valve stuck and replaced whole top end of motor,water pump because of their poor work,take car home and it leaks oil so take back for another crank sensor seal :(Very unhappy with quality of car and dealers

Favorite Features

Car on the outside is beautiful

My 2008 Chrysler 300C AWD
By jan56

2008 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second 300C AWD. The first was the 2006 model and I loved it. Then I got the 2008. What a disappointment. It's noisy and has been having issues since day one. Off and on electrical, the navigation system, UConnect. Additionally new rotors at a little over 12000 miles. It's been a royal pain. While the ride is smooth, the noise level is ridiculous. Being on UConnect, it is difficult to hear over the noise in the cabin. They definitely cheapened this version compared to the 2006. I had planned to stay with Chrysler, but now, I'm thinking not. Unless they've made some major improvements to quality, I'll take my money else where.

Favorite Features

Interior Styling, and V8 pick-up

Suggested Improvements

Sound proofing needs major improvement as do the brakes. Rotors have short life in stop and go driving.

Love this badboy
By gattor75

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 08 - 300 LX used with 57k already piled on him. Right arm started hurting (squeaking), just massaged it with oil - WD40 and that was it. I've piled an additional 18k on his back and he's still running like the day I first brought him home, good boy! Smooth ride, quite cabin, roomy interior what else? Oh! even my ex-wife loves him though she kicked against the idea when we were married. lol

Favorite Features

Exterior design; eye balls, bold nose, heart under the hood, ground clearance, sound of the horn...can't list it all. Interior comfort, quite cabin, data radio etc.

Suggested Improvements

Compass, Trip computer, ESP should be standard on all 300s. Afterall my 05 Sebring had it and it hurts to know that an 08-300 does n't have a feature...sad, sad:(

Do Not Buy This Car!
By Mike300T

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car in October 2008 with 30,000 miles on it. After 2 months both tie rods had to be replaced under warranty. January 09 loud ticking noise from engine like lifters going bad. March 09, had to replace tie rod on left side again, Still under warranty. March 2010, very loud clunky sound coming from front end. Took to dealer, report came back that left and right tension arms, left and right sway bars and right tie rod end are shot!! Warranty covers up to 50,000 miles. I have 61,000. I have a 97 Chevey Lumna that I bought with 63,000 miles on it and it has not had the number of problems like the 300. Every mechanic that I have talked to says get rid of it, problems will get worse.

Favorite Features

Killer stereo, aggressive looks, 20 inch wheels, seats.

Suggested Improvements

Use some quality products when it comes to suspension. There is no way that I should be having this many problems with this nice looking product. Use higher quality metals and craftsmanship and you will have loyal customers for life. A quick buck is limited wealth.