2008 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
2008 chrysler 300 touring
By billida300 on 02/18/12 12:07 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with my car and the dealers in northeast Ohio don't know what they r doing!!Leather seats cracked at 28,000 miles,crank sensor seal leaked and had to be replaced 2 x.Lumbar adjustment broke after dealer replaced the leather seat covering, dealer ordered 4 seat covers before I finally got my color.Then motor starts ticking and its the Valves so the dealer fixes and then says a new valve stuck and replaced whole top end of motor,water pump because of their poor work,take car home and it leaks oil so take back for another crank sensor seal :(Very unhappy with quality of car and dealers

My 2008 Chrysler 300C AWD
By jan56 on 03/04/11 05:20 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is my second 300C AWD. The first was the 2006 model and I loved it. Then I got the 2008. What a disappointment. It's noisy and has been having issues since day one. Off and on electrical, the navigation system, UConnect. Additionally new rotors at a little over 12000 miles. It's been a royal pain. While the ride is smooth, the noise level is ridiculous. Being on UConnect, it is difficult to hear over the noise in the cabin. They definitely cheapened this version compared to the 2006. I had planned to stay with Chrysler, but now, I'm thinking not. Unless they've made some major improvements to quality, I'll take my money else where.

Love this badboy
By gattor75 on 11/24/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I got my 08 - 300 LX used with 57k already piled on him. Right arm started hurting (squeaking), just massaged it with oil - WD40 and that was it. I've piled an additional 18k on his back and he's still running like the day I first brought him home, good boy! Smooth ride, quite cabin, roomy interior what else? Oh! even my ex-wife loves him though she kicked against the idea when we were married. lol

Do Not Buy This Car!
By Mike300T on 04/13/10 09:01 AM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car in October 2008 with 30,000 miles on it. After 2 months both tie rods had to be replaced under warranty. January 09 loud ticking noise from engine like lifters going bad. March 09, had to replace tie rod on left side again, Still under warranty. March 2010, very loud clunky sound coming from front end. Took to dealer, report came back that left and right tension arms, left and right sway bars and right tie rod end are shot!! Warranty covers up to 50,000 miles. I have 61,000. I have a 97 Chevey Lumna that I bought with 63,000 miles on it and it has not had the number of problems like the 300. Every mechanic that I have talked to says get rid of it, problems will get worse.

Fantastic vehicle
By Alex Povolotski on 01/07/10 18:01 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 LX 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Drove 3000 miles in it in winter time across Canadian border over a couple of weeks. Didn't have any technical issues but for one -- tachometer needle went all the way around the dial and then came back to normal in an instant. That happened on several occasions. Electrical problem, I assume. It didn't rev the engine though, just the needle behaved strangely. Very large full-size (finally!) real American vehicle. Drives fantastic! Cushy ride. Rides on Merc undercarriage actually. Smooth and seamless power delivery. Chryslers and Dodges are actually known for their powerful engines. Very stylish and comfortable car to drive.

300C Hemi Heritage Edition -Cool Vanilla
By RichmondVA300C on 11/14/09 15:46 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car new in 2009...last one in the showroom. It is the Heritage Edition, so it comes standard with many interior upgrades such as the U- Connect, NAV, MPEG with 40GIG Hardrive, as well as a very sharp camel color interior and special leather seats. In addition, the 300C comes with the standard stuff that really makes the car special...like adaptive cruise control, Bose Stereo with 400W Amp, power steering tilt and pedals, memory seats, engine cuts from 8 to 4 cylinders to save fuel etc. I could go on for days about the standard/added features features on the 300C. I am 6'5" tall and fit in the car great. Truly a joy to drive, although gas mileage is quite disappointing.

2008 300C: A great buy
By OceanP on 10/11/09 21:33 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

After a younger generation of my family totalled my Lincoln LS on ice, I was in the market for a replacement. Drove many of the "reliable" imports: ranging from Infinity to Lexus. Then I drove the 300C. The others are all great cars, but none offered the classic styling and the WOW effect of the 300C, and the power of the HEMI. The car has been great so far and consistently gives 22 to 23 mpg on the highway runs visiting my kid at college. Great comfort, ride and performance to boot! And unique looks to go with it. The interior could stand to be upgraded a bit. You can see where Chrysler cut corners: But still very liveable inside and out. Just wish the exhaust note was a bit throatier.

Better in the snow than a 4 x 4 truck!
By KAO on 05/05/09 20:29 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Quiet, perfect for a 6' person, 400 + mile trips easy, not fatigue. Gets around better than a 4 x 4 truck in the snow. Would be a tank with Blizzak's! Feels like a luxury car inside.

My review
By Julio Diaz on 03/22/09 19:11 PM (PDT)

2008 Chrysler 300 C HEMI 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I'd been with my car barely a month, but it had been an incredible experience. The ride, the interior comfort plus the looks of the car are second to none. The engine response it fantastic, plenty of power to move the big body.

Now a fan, but
By Now A Fan, but on 12/22/08 12:37 PM (PST)

2008 Chrysler 300 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Chrysler 300 DUB Edition in July of 08 and this car is a real eye popper. Metalic black with grey leather trim and lots of chrome. Oh, did I mention the 20 inch, low profile wheels? I love the vehicle but here are a few suggestions: Should have auto headlights, heated seats and be able to upgrade the sound system for GPS and auto cell phone. One other thing, it is terrible in snow and ice. I need to install snows and the price is $300 per tire. That hurts.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Chrysler 300 in WA is:

$170 per month*