Maximum Bang for the Buck
By ML on
2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)
Absolutely love the car. You can't beat the value here. Where else, besides the other SRT8s, can you get a 425hp motor, race tuned suspension and Brembos for around $40k? Nowhere! Exterior styling isn't my favorite, but it gets tons of compliments. Interior is well laid out, other then the cruise control stalk, but material quality could be better. As far as performance goes, this car easily keeps up with the German performance sedans and annihilates the American and Japanese ones. That goes for acceleration, which goes without saying, but also handling, where the SRT8 puts up handling numbers, comparable to the M5, and that shame cars such as the E55 and STS-V. Very impressive.
Favorite Features
The 6.1 liter HEMI, without a doubt. My car is a stripper, so I don't have any of the fancy add-ons, just the required go fast goodies.
Suggested Improvements
Interior could use some upgrades. The car desperately needs a mechanical Limited Slip Differential. The electronic diff is pathetic and doesn't work. Being able to completely turn off the Stability and Traction control systems would be great too. Although unlikely I'd love to see more power too.