2007 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: LOVE this car!

2007 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

C Sedan (5.7L V8 5-speed Automatic)

LOVE this car!
By dhoolwerf on

2007 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've been admiring the 300C since its debut in 2005, and finally went out and bought one; a 2007 300C SRT Design model. The SRT Design shares some of the appearance cues of the SRT8, such as 20" wheels, trunk-mounted spoiler, suede seat inserts and leather-wrapped steering wheel, but has the smaller 5.7 liter hemi. My fuel economy fluctuates between 18 and 20 mpg with mixed highway/city driving, which is better than the V6-powered Isuzu SUV that this car replaced, so I have no complaints about the fuel consumption. The car is comfortable, quiet, stylish, fast, and is very well equipped, plus has a lifetime powertrain warranty; a lot of car for the money. I highly recommend this car!

Favorite Features

I rally like the SRT Design styling cues, the multi-displacement function of the 5.7 liter hemi (4 of 8 cylinders shut off during light load), and the Navigation system. Also, the telescopic steering wheels and pedals are nice - they really let you dial in the perfect comfort driving position.

Suggested Improvements

I understand that the 5.7 liter engine in the 2009 model will have 20 more horsepower AND 5% better fuel economy. BRAVO Chrysler!