Used 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (4 reviews )

Great Bang for the Buck!
By jcvpw

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car has been fantastic. Can't complain about anything. Even the gas mileage for a 425 hp car is above average. I can get 23 mpg on the freeway on long trips. I am 6'8'' and 300 lbs and this is the first car that I have owned that an adult can actually sit behind me while I am driving. If you are looking for a fun, fast, family car that competes with the Germans, take a look at this one.

Favorite Features

6.1L, Brakes, Wheels, Seats, Lifetime Powertrain Warranty, and Stereo

Suggested Improvements

Needs Variable Displacement for 6.1L

Maximum Bang for the Buck
By ML

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Absolutely love the car. You can't beat the value here. Where else, besides the other SRT8s, can you get a 425hp motor, race tuned suspension and Brembos for around $40k? Nowhere! Exterior styling isn't my favorite, but it gets tons of compliments. Interior is well laid out, other then the cruise control stalk, but material quality could be better. As far as performance goes, this car easily keeps up with the German performance sedans and annihilates the American and Japanese ones. That goes for acceleration, which goes without saying, but also handling, where the SRT8 puts up handling numbers, comparable to the M5, and that shame cars such as the E55 and STS-V. Very impressive.

Favorite Features

The 6.1 liter HEMI, without a doubt. My car is a stripper, so I don't have any of the fancy add-ons, just the required go fast goodies.

Suggested Improvements

Interior could use some upgrades. The car desperately needs a mechanical Limited Slip Differential. The electronic diff is pathetic and doesn't work. Being able to completely turn off the Stability and Traction control systems would be great too. Although unlikely I'd love to see more power too.

Great car, minor details need attention
By CB

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Cupholder location is poorly designed, difficult to "learn" the switches. Auto lights should come on with wipers on intermittent not just full speed. My driver's side door will not stay open. Tired of getting beaten up every time I get in or out of vehicle. Comfort A++, eye catching A++++.

Favorite Features

Navigator, DVD player in rear (great when showing homes to occupy the kids) Head turning good looks of the car.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to traditional Chrysler auto lights - they need to come on with wipers on intermittent. It's a State law here. Redesign console to move cupholder. The cupholder door gets opened frequently with slightest touch.

Better than old lexus
By Bob

2007 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is by far the best cat I have ever driven. I had a 04 Lexus ES that was always having problems. I love this car

Favorite Features

Power, options

Suggested Improvements

More colors