Used 2007 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 76 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Luv it!
By Scott

2007 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I had a 2000 Camry and wanted something sporty looking. I am 6'6" and I needed something I could fit in. Sitting down is a little tricky to not hit my head but after getting in there is plenty of room. I looked at a Crossfire but too small. I looked at Corvettes but too small. Then I tried a 300 and it was just right! A warning . . . . do not try to learn about the dash displays while driving! There was an incident my second day of ownership due to me looking at the dash and steering wheel and not looking at the red light! Mine is red and you do not see many of those. I am 66 years old and I have had a 1967 GTX and a 1965 GTO and 1963, 1968 Sport Furies and a nice 1967 Satellite, and many many other cars but this is the best next to the 1967 Satellite! The Satellite was just Bad Ass with a 4 spd and 383 Magnum. The 300 is also Bad Ass and very fun to drive and gets lots of glances! Prolly my last car!

Great car
By Keith

2007 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Don't try driving in the snow

Best Bang for Your Buck!
By Matt

2007 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Chrysler 300c around 6 months ago with 73K miles. Its by far my favorite car I've ever owned. The power is good but it is a heavy car. I had a single cab 05 Chevy Silverado Z71 with the upgraded engine putting out 290 horsepower before the 300c and it felt like it put you back in your seat more than the 340 horsepower Chrysler 300c. It might be because the ride is so smooth in the 300c or because the center of gravity is lower. I do a lot of city driving and I'm getting around 15 mpg average which is a little lower than the 17 advertised (90% of the time I have my daughter with me and I drive like Miss Daisy) but with the hemi that was expected. What I wasn't expecting is how good the gas mileage is on the highway. If I reset my MPG average setting when I get on the highway it calculates quickly and gets up over 32 mpg. There are major blind spots though so you really have to check twice and know your surroundings. Also the comfortably of the driver seat could be better. It feels like its made for a much larger man. I'm 6ft 200lbs and it doesn't hug my back at all. I have a 2,200 mile road trip coming up and I'm not looking forward to the foreseen back pain in my future. I'm looking at replacing the front seats with Challenger seats with hopes they will be more form fitting. The traction control needs some work. If you give it to much gas when accelerating the traction control kicks in and controls your launch. I've learned to turn the ESP off every time I start up my car. From what I've seen on older models when I was searching the market is looks like the clear coat on the faux wood grain on the steering wheel and interior door handles flakes easily. With theses negatives being easy to fix I'm planing on keeping this car for life and adding a stroker kit and or a supercharger. If I ever trade this car in it will be for a newer SRT8. Its a little slow on the launch but when you hit 60 is when It really wakes up and gets scary fast. It just keeps pulling! Even at 120 mph you still feel like you're riding on a cloud. Another down side is the speed limiter that is set at 126 mph due to the tires put on from the factory are only rated for 130 mpg. From what I have researched it looks like the actual top speed is 175 mph. Now I know I will never go that fast (maybe once) but it would be nice to brag about being close to super car speed. Putting a speed limiter so low is kinda like a kick in the balls. Handling is great for such a big car. Its a true American muscle car with all the luxury features you'd find in your Mercedes, Lexus and BMWs at an affordable price with great reliability. You also wont have to take this car to a specialized mechanic and pay extremely high repair costs. The perfect combination of reliability, luxury, and power on a limited budget.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Danny Hancock

2007 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love love love it!!! Great performance and comfort.

So Many Problems
By Kendra

2007 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2007 Chrysler has a lot of electrical issues. The radio has blown out twice with no lights, the air barely blows although freon is full, the temperature control lights have gone out, the gear shift rod is now broke and my passenger door no longer auto locks/unlocks!!!! I am so disappointed and I can't believe there is no recall on this electrical issues with this car.