2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: Just for looks

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (2.7L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Just for looks
By truthbetold37 on

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is just for looks. Even with doing regular maintenenace to preven major problems I still had them. Within 2 years of owning my 300 I have paid $700 to replace a housing unit $600 to replace the water pump $1700 to repair a crack head caused by the car running hot when the water pump went out. And now the car is stuck in park come to find out there are a lot of people having this same problem with Chrysler cars something about the shift box there is some plastic piece that is faulty and Chrysler will not do a recall leaving the customer to have to replace it. Will never ever buy another Chrysler car again. My father told me not to buy Chrysler but I did not listen.

The body style is nice.

The performance of the car is crap. This is not a relaible vehicle at all. I paid under $15,000 for a chevrolet that was still in perfect condition after 8 years and less than $12,000 for an oldsmobile that lasted 15 years. I paid almost $30,000 for this car and after 2 years of owning it has broken down at least once every year and we are talking about major repair. Time to go back to the drawing board.