2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Lew's Chrysler 300 Limited
By Lew Gordon on 03/27/08 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this vehicle with 18K miles on it and added tinted windows, styling kits on the outside, new 20" cool rims and tires. The car came with all the wood fancies you could find inside. The previous owner kept this car soooo immaculate. I am glad not to drive a Cadillac Eldorado anymore, and especially after two of them. The color is Cool Vanilla outside with cream leather interior and I get so many looks on the road. Honestly, it is the nicest one I have seen so far. A real eye stopper. The seats could be more comfortable (very Benz inside) and could adjust in more ways. I wish I had folding mirrors and rear-assist. LOVE this car!

An instant classic
By jerrymax on 03/22/08 20:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The first time I saw a Chrysler 300C it took my breath away. This car stands out in the crowd and I still notice every one I see on the road. I don't yet own one but a couple of years ago I rented a 300 Touring edition for a week. I put nearly 400 miles on it and loved every minute of it. Even with the V6 engine it had plenty of power, it handled beautifully for a full sized car weighing nearly two tons, and it had tremendous brakes. Fuel economy was very good and comfort level in its cavernous interior was great. I liked everything about the car very much and will probably buy one eventually but I still own a nice Maxima and a Jeep Grand Cherokee, so my vehicle needs are met already.

An Ominous Voice
By Mr. Dissappointed on 03/22/08 18:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Where do I begin? I bought the car in 2006, and rarely drive it. It has only 8000 miles of driving at this time. The gravel shield has fallen off - protected under the warranty. Now the Front End Bumper has completely fallen off as a result of the low to the ground design, when parking in stalls and approaching the parking stop. I have to pay $2600 to have it fix. I blame myself-for trying to spur the US Economy and not following my orig. feelings of buying a Non US vehicle. I would like to sell it - but have about 6k invested in after market products and services. I like the style of the car and the okay with the interior comfort. I will be getting rid of it this coming year. What a waste?

Good interstate cruiser
By denny5 on 02/12/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car turns heads, looks real good on the outside but it could use some help on the inside. The shiny stuff on the steering wheel could be replaced by cruise contol buttons. Handles are ok on a truck but not on this classy car.

300 srt 8 Chrysler
By James Percel on 02/11/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I watched the car from development stages and new that I wanted one as soon as they became available. The car drives very well and gets good gas milage for a 6.1 liter engine producing 425 HP

300 SRT8
By johnny strat on 02/08/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, but in the month I've owned its been in for service twice. Brakes made horrible noise, took it in and was told there was a service notice re the brakes. Pads were replaced under warranty. One week later, same problem. Took the car in again and was told that chrysler wouldn't do anything about the problem and I'd have to live with it. Ashtray has also broken twice. Driver window auto-up has to be fixed. Splash guard under the front spoiler fell off on the highway and Chrysler wouldn't replace under warranty because I didn't stop the car on the interstate and go back to pick up the pieces after they fell off.

Don't get this car if snow is around
By cj on 02/03/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a Charger (SXT) 3.5L I wanted a hemi and a luxury ride. So I bought this. Worst mistake ever! The engine cut off on me twice, I took it in for transmission work once, and its horrible in snow! Each time it snows I'm stuck! Im getting rid of this ASAP!

2006 300c srt8
By dana denny on 02/02/08 10:22 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Good interstate driver. Like the handling on secondary roads. Good cornering. Car feels balanced but I know that the car is front end heavy. Power when I need it but the nav system will get you lost. Left rear power window quit working.

I am Impressed
By Gailya Thomas on 01/07/08 23:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Chrysler 300C for over 2 years now and I still love it. I test drove the base, touring, and limited models and I was not impressed and was not considering purchasing the car until I drove the C, even though the cost was much higher. It handles extremely well and the power to move when it has to is fantastic, especially on the freeway. The only problem I have had is a problem with the brakes squeaking, which the dealer took care of.

no help for ENGINE PROBLEMS
By cmk on 01/03/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my 2006 300 limited new in 2006. everything worked & i was very pleased until i put about 15,000 miles on it,then i noticed a tapping sound in the engine, thought it was timing gear/chain. dealer said not to worry. engine noise slowly continues to get louder. finaly the dealer admits there's a problem... that was almost 3 MONTHS ago,it's been sitting there ever since! at first they din't know what the problem was, then they couldnt get parts to replace the lifters, then they had to get updated parts, then it would not start. now its in limbo & nothing is getting done at all. lousy design & service on a $33,000 car!!! i have no idea how this will end but it doesn't look good.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.