Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

For a Blast Drive a 300C
By Mark

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in November of 2006. It combines, power, handling and luxury all in one package. After owning high end Lincolns, Oldsmobiles and Buicks, this auto is one of my favorites with exception to the Buick Park Avenue. The 300C AWD intertwines ample power, superb handling and amenities that gives the driver and passengers a superior auto experience. In three years of ownership there have only been two visits to the dealership and the problems were a tech bulletin notice for a transmission seal leak and the navigation CD failed. Both were handled with no residual problems. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, side by side with my Park Avenue!

Favorite Features

Powerful V8, handling and the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I can think of is to improve the ashtray catch assembly!

Best car I have ever owned !!!!
By Chris

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever purchased. I have had roughly 16 new vehicles of all makes and models. This car is so fast and fun to drive. It has more horsepower than just about anything on the road. It handles like a race car and accelerates like on too. I bought this car because it was the only 4 door on the dealer's lot with a DVD in it for my 3 year old daughter. She was driving me crazy on road trips.. Little did I know what exactly I had just done. I just purchased the best car for the value on the market today.

Favorite Features

DVD, Nav, Engine(HP), Suede inserts in leather.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are the only problem I could complain about. This car is heavy and goes through brakes and rotors. But still well worth that little expense to have a car that performs like it does.

Looks good but made with cheap parts!
By Julia Davis

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is made with cheap parts that will keep you at a dealer. ALL the pins in my motor broke in half and they were hollow. The mechanic said that most pins are solid all the way through so if they broke once they will do it again. Every time I took it in, I was told they get alot of 300's in with all types of problems and most of them have to do with the motor. I love the look but hate the way it kept me at a dealer. Im glad I got rid of it.

Favorite Features

Very good eye candy, good gas mileage and roomy.

Suggested Improvements

build the motor with better parts instead of those cheap ones like the motor pins. They are hollow not solid so they break.

Satisfied
By Dave

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

At 41000 miles, I give Chrysler the thumbs up for this one. This car has been fun to drive. The tires don't last long but that is a result of the tire melting 425 hp. The brakes also make this car great. The brembos really bring this heavy car to a halt. Overall a great vehicle.

Awesome sedan
By southshore4

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my C and the Hemi engine. Roomy and comfortable. Great leg room for 6'2" and then some. I also drove an M for years, which had superior handling to the C. Reliability has been very good. Had worn tie rods at 30K, but Chrysler reimbursed for parts at least following my complaint letter. All components work great on this vehicle. I'll average 21 mpg in my 20 mile commute, not bad knowing that this car has unbelievable acceleration when needed/wanted.

Favorite Features

Hemi. Smooth shifting 5 speed auto. Nice sound system. Quiet down the highway.

Suggested Improvements

RWD not the best in wintery climate. Snow tires worth considering.