2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Good interstate cruiser
By denny5 on 02/12/08 10:29 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car turns heads, looks real good on the outside but it could use some help on the inside. The shiny stuff on the steering wheel could be replaced by cruise contol buttons. Handles are ok on a truck but not on this classy car.

300 srt 8 Chrysler
By James Percel on 02/11/08 13:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I watched the car from development stages and new that I wanted one as soon as they became available. The car drives very well and gets good gas milage for a 6.1 liter engine producing 425 HP

300 SRT8
By johnny strat on 02/08/08 07:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive, but in the month I've owned its been in for service twice. Brakes made horrible noise, took it in and was told there was a service notice re the brakes. Pads were replaced under warranty. One week later, same problem. Took the car in again and was told that chrysler wouldn't do anything about the problem and I'd have to live with it. Ashtray has also broken twice. Driver window auto-up has to be fixed. Splash guard under the front spoiler fell off on the highway and Chrysler wouldn't replace under warranty because I didn't stop the car on the interstate and go back to pick up the pieces after they fell off.

Don't get this car if snow is around
By cj on 02/03/08 20:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I upgraded from a Charger (SXT) 3.5L I wanted a hemi and a luxury ride. So I bought this. Worst mistake ever! The engine cut off on me twice, I took it in for transmission work once, and its horrible in snow! Each time it snows I'm stuck! Im getting rid of this ASAP!

2006 300c srt8
By dana denny on 02/02/08 10:22 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Good interstate driver. Like the handling on secondary roads. Good cornering. Car feels balanced but I know that the car is front end heavy. Power when I need it but the nav system will get you lost. Left rear power window quit working.

I am Impressed
By Gailya Thomas on 01/07/08 23:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have had my Chrysler 300C for over 2 years now and I still love it. I test drove the base, touring, and limited models and I was not impressed and was not considering purchasing the car until I drove the C, even though the cost was much higher. It handles extremely well and the power to move when it has to is fantastic, especially on the freeway. The only problem I have had is a problem with the brakes squeaking, which the dealer took care of.

no help for ENGINE PROBLEMS
By cmk on 01/03/08 06:54 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my 2006 300 limited new in 2006. everything worked & i was very pleased until i put about 15,000 miles on it,then i noticed a tapping sound in the engine, thought it was timing gear/chain. dealer said not to worry. engine noise slowly continues to get louder. finaly the dealer admits there's a problem... that was almost 3 MONTHS ago,it's been sitting there ever since! at first they din't know what the problem was, then they couldnt get parts to replace the lifters, then they had to get updated parts, then it would not start. now its in limbo & nothing is getting done at all. lousy design & service on a $33,000 car!!! i have no idea how this will end but it doesn't look good.

The Good and the Bad
By Dennis Charles on 12/25/07 15:35 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Like the Hemi power and the smooth transmission. Do not like the rattles. I have a very bad dash rattle, drivers side that I can't seem to get rid of. The sunroof shade rattles if it is open. Also have several electrical gremlims. Auto up window sometimes does not work, rear window would not work one time, auto locks did not lock.

2006 SRT8
By Maltese Missile on 09/23/07 07:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Recently purchased used from Carmax with 8k miles. IMHO, this cars rides like a Mercedes, handles like a BMW, and has the power of a good old American muscle car! Beautiful!

300C in Retrospect
By Richard on 08/27/07 19:13 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the 2d 300. They both wear out the left front tire on the outside. That means the caster camber if off from assembly. The breaks pulsate at 20K miles. That means improper cooling. The deck lid has no handle to lift it up with. If your car is dirty, your hand gets dirty too. That is not practical. The horn needs to be more sensitive. The rear compartment air vents don't deliver what they should for the price. I was supprised that the chrome wheels were made of plastic along with the mirrors -- for the price they should have been the real thing.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.