Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews - 385 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Happy 300 owner
By lou bingham

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i bought the 2006 300 touring 2 and a half years ago, absolutely love it. It had 42,000 miles on it when I bought it, has 79,000 miles now, with no problems.It has the original brakes, I had them checked last month and their still fine. I live in Kentucky, three trips to fla & One trip to miss, I got 26 mpg, that great for a car this size. I hit a deer year & a half ago, and had to drive a rental, a 2009 Toyota Camry, it was awful, it only had 9000 miles on it but drove & rode like it had 300,000. My last two cars were Cadillacs, a Seville and a sts, the 300 has them beat, I love this car.

styling, ride handling, wonderful sound system, reliability

quality of leather seats could be improved, have cracks in drivers seat; and a small tear, have no idea how it got there

Great Car
By Chatti

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I read Consumer Reports but I hate the fact that all the "foreign" cars rate high and the Dodge and Chrysler always rate low.I love my Chrysler 300.I have owned it for 5 years and it has never failed me. At 60,000 miles I am just now replacing the tires.I have the large engine and it climbs the mountains at 80 and gets 26 to 27 mpg. For a full size car the mileage is great. This is the 5th car or truck I have bought from Oxendales and they are also great to deal with. We are a 2 car family so we have owned Chevy, Fords and Toyotas but nothing as nice as this.I have dual air, satellite radio and cooling in the back seat so my grandkids don't complain about being hot in the summer heat of AZ

I love the heated leather seats.I thought leather would be hot or cold but these aren't.Living in AZ that means a lot.I live at a higher elevation than Phx so it also snows in the winter and the car easily drives through it.The heated seats make it so comfortable when it is cold out.

I do not like the position of the speed control it needs to be on the wheel. It would also be nice if there was a valet key and a key hole for the trunk. Otherwise I love it. I can live with its faults because of its positives plus the fact it has never needed repairs.

Look out for front end issues
By stan

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My car has 40k on it. Unfortunately, my front end feels loose and rattles and squeaks. my research shows that about $1000.00 fixes it and it will come back again in about 20k miles. Due to a poor design and heavy front end

audio

better steering

SRT8
By Don O

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The car has been awesome! I bought w/12k Miles and the Car stock was very fast w/425 Hsp. With few bolt on modes the car is close to 500. A whole group of dedicated followers are on-line waiting to share info. Parts are very reasonable. Gas Mileage is where you would expect, drive like your in the Indy 500 and you'll get 13 MPG, baby it and it's 18. Every time you start your SRT8 a Prius cries. Very tight ride, good handling for a 4200 lbs car with plenty of peddle. You can turbo your ride and have more power than a Lambo but why it has more tha enough. Exhaust makes the car sound like a Beast! SRT8 is a total sleeper and is the most bang for your buck you can possible get!

Great looks, plenty of power! Brakes are great w/Brembo's. 20's look great!

There are lots of people that this is their hobby! Lot's of things you can add. But you definitely need a cold air intake, grill, exhaust, diablo tuner, bigger tires, Windows tinted!

Power!
By Barry from Boston

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car in April 2010 because it was time to retire my 2000 Bonneville SSEi and I wanted something powerful that also had AWD. I also wanted something with low miles and didn't want to pay much over $20K. With all that in mind, the 300C AWD was pretty much the only option. I originally wanted a 2007, but found a nice 2006 with only 21K miles in my price range. The car is AMAZING. The ride quality is great, the look is great, the handling is great and the power from the 5.7 L Hemi is jaw-dropping. I had had to make one minor repair -- the sway bar bushings needed to be replaced because they were worn and causing a clunking sound over rough pavement, but otherwise it's a total dream!

The look, the handling, the wealth of luxury features. Most of all, though, the sheer raw POWER!

A lot of people have had problems with the sway bar bushings. It may not be a safety issue, but is sure is annoying when the car starts clunking like that. Other than that, I wish there were some way to keep the same styling but somehow drop the window level a bit so I could put my arm on the ledge.