2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Bad Transmission
By scropionmanager on 10/18/08 10:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I am was very excited about my 300 but that excitement has diminished. My car has been to the dealership 5 times since July, the first four times was because of fuel problems and I was told to but a higher octane gas, still had problems until the 4th time when I had to have the throttle body decarbonized because of the poor advice from the 1st visit. Now the transmission needs to be replaced because it was low on transmission fluid for too long. Note you can not check check the fluid the dealership has to this. My question is why wasn't this check the 1st four times I went in. The warranty is gone and now I need to spend $2900 in addition to the $700 already spent in a 2 yr old car.

In love! 300 touring rwd ltd pkg
By 300 MANIAC on 10/04/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Best automobile I have ever owned! Had showroom new cars before, but this one is what I've been looking for all these years. Awesome styling inside and out. Room galore, great gauges, too many pluses to tell here. I don't want to put too many miles on the silver lady, but I cannot wait to get in and enjoy the experience! 3.5 L, 5 speed auto stick German tranny, loves to keep pulling on out to jail time speeds in city driving without even trying. Turns on a dime. Only car I ever wanted to keep til I'm dead and I'm a younger boomer. Pulled in to a major fast food rest stop on I-75, a guy comes up to me, says "I thought for sure there was a Bentley pulling in, beautiful car". 1 more look at bedtime-in love!

Tranny Problems x4
By JIm on 09/03/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since owning my 2006 300C AWD, I have had it to the dealers 4 times for a shifting problem with the tranny. I can be driving along and with no warning whatsoever, the car acts as if it was put into neutral, engine is running strong, but it won't go anywhere. The dealer(s) (and Tech Support) seem to be having difficulties finding the problem. I'm afraid to take long drives, just in case it happens again. This makes the car not dependable or reliable at all ! Too bad because I really like it otherwise.

You Gotta Have This Car
By jamesdtuttle on 08/31/08 20:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased a 2006 300C SRT8 from Carmax and am VERY pleased. The SRT8 has great luxury features (I compare to my Lincoln Town Car) and has superior features to the other 300s. The handling is superb, brakes are unreal, and the 6.1 hemi is the ultimate. An American muscle car V8 to the max. It has incredible throttle response, awe-inspiring power, and a delicious muscle car sound. Sedate and well mannered, it nevertheless will pull like a freight train heading into a black hole when you put your foot in it. Downsides? Compared to my Town Car, it's noisy. Gas mileage ain't in the stratosphere. Plusses? It sticks to the road like glue, has every luxury feature known to man, & HEMI!

I have owned many cars, but
By nownzen69 on 08/07/08 12:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall, I have to say my 300C dollar for dollar is one of the most fun to drive value. And I have achieved over 26 mpg on the highway cruising at 70+ miles per hour. Spacious with power to spare - and it still gets compliments everywhere I go. The only drawback is interior could have been done a little better. When I my lease is up I'll probably buy this or get a new one!!!

Nice!
By PAR on 07/21/08 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Overall a fantastic touring vehicle with all the amenities one could ask for! Very comfortable, safe and also powerful when necessary. I would highly recommend this vehicle for anyone who loves to travel in comfort. If anything, definitely get these 2 options offered..(U-connect, Protection group), these 2 options seemed to make the 300C an effortless luxury. And the MP3 capable CD player was also a huge plus!

Would buy again!
By KRB on 06/22/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It has been a pleasure to own. Great style and low maintenance.Gas mileage 24 mpg in city and 27 mpg on hwy. I added the leather seats and window tinting and navigation system, that's it! Great car for the price. I would definitely buy it again.

Best Car I have ever owned
By budman on 06/11/08 09:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car! I have had it about a month and taken it on several trips. It drives great and gets over 24 MPG out on the highway.

love it!
By tony on 06/06/08 11:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

LOVE my Car! This is my second 300, had the old model and drove it for 6 yrs before buying the newer model. This car is one of the best cars i have ever owned, looks, style and fantastic ride. My friends are envious.

Fantastic Automobile
By Indiana Dave on 05/28/08 19:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Both my wife and I were attracted to this car because of its distinctive styling. After 2 years, we still think it looks great and love driving it. We considered a midsize but, in hindsight, the larger car was the right choice, especially with two boys 12 & 15. The 3.5 L engine provides plenty of power. I was concerned about getting rear wheel drive but the traction control performed magnificently in the Colorado snow, and it was snowy, this past Christmas. This car has definitely surpassed my expectations.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.