Used 2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (74 reviews )

Love Hate Relationship!
By limopaul

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this car from the day I drove it home. One owner black beauty only mod was a K&N drop in filter and I added a Borla exhaust system. Hella fast and fun to drive. Well maintained and garage kept, used as a Livery sedan and purchased with about 93k miles. Replaced front strut assemblies and wheel bearings (pricey). Car is nose heavy by design. All went well without any issues until cruising in the fast lane at about 70mph Engine lost power without warning, barely made it off of freeway and car had died at the offramp. Stranded with clients in car 85 miles from home! Broken valve spring, bent valve and pushrod, Had heads redone and with tow bill about a $2500 breakdown. Sold it

Great styling and performance. High maintenance and repair costs.

Great First Car
By bm0rri5

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I'm a 17 year old and I received this car as a gift from parents. I got the car in November of 2010, with 39,800 miles. In March 2011, I got rid of it (to get a Range Rover). within those 4mo, I had already put 5000+ miles on it. I loved to drive this gas guzzling, 425HP beast. I'm a dragracer, been doing it for 8yrs, and I must say, this car will pin you back in the seat, hard. No matter what speed you floor it at!! Within the 4mo, of owner ship; I only had two problems. 1) Sometimes the AC would start acting funny & not run properly. 2) Once or twice it wouldn't start on the first try, but would on the second try. Other than, I 100000% recommend this car, to ANYBODY. It's a blast to drive!

UConnect Bluetooth, Navigation, 425HP, Headlights, Trunk Space, Width & Length, & Overall Space

GAS MILEAGE!!, Touchscreen Navigation, Front & Rear Seat A/C, Rear Seat-Heaters, Better Lumbar Support (comfortable seats but needs improvement), & GAS MILEAGE, again!

SRT8
By Don O

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

The car has been awesome! I bought w/12k Miles and the Car stock was very fast w/425 Hsp. With few bolt on modes the car is close to 500. A whole group of dedicated followers are on-line waiting to share info. Parts are very reasonable. Gas Mileage is where you would expect, drive like your in the Indy 500 and you'll get 13 MPG, baby it and it's 18. Every time you start your SRT8 a Prius cries. Very tight ride, good handling for a 4200 lbs car with plenty of peddle. You can turbo your ride and have more power than a Lambo but why it has more tha enough. Exhaust makes the car sound like a Beast! SRT8 is a total sleeper and is the most bang for your buck you can possible get!

Great looks, plenty of power! Brakes are great w/Brembo's. 20's look great!

There are lots of people that this is their hobby! Lot's of things you can add. But you definitely need a cold air intake, grill, exhaust, diablo tuner, bigger tires, Windows tinted!

Best car I have ever owned !!!!
By Chris

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This is without a doubt the best car I have ever purchased. I have had roughly 16 new vehicles of all makes and models. This car is so fast and fun to drive. It has more horsepower than just about anything on the road. It handles like a race car and accelerates like on too. I bought this car because it was the only 4 door on the dealer's lot with a DVD in it for my 3 year old daughter. She was driving me crazy on road trips.. Little did I know what exactly I had just done. I just purchased the best car for the value on the market today.

DVD, Nav, Engine(HP), Suede inserts in leather.

Brakes are the only problem I could complain about. This car is heavy and goes through brakes and rotors. But still well worth that little expense to have a car that performs like it does.

Satisfied
By Dave

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

At 41000 miles, I give Chrysler the thumbs up for this one. This car has been fun to drive. The tires don't last long but that is a result of the tire melting 425 hp. The brakes also make this car great. The brembos really bring this heavy car to a halt. Overall a great vehicle.