Used 2006 Chrysler 300 C Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Power!
By Barry from Boston

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car in April 2010 because it was time to retire my 2000 Bonneville SSEi and I wanted something powerful that also had AWD. I also wanted something with low miles and didn't want to pay much over $20K. With all that in mind, the 300C AWD was pretty much the only option. I originally wanted a 2007, but found a nice 2006 with only 21K miles in my price range. The car is AMAZING. The ride quality is great, the look is great, the handling is great and the power from the 5.7 L Hemi is jaw-dropping. I had had to make one minor repair -- the sway bar bushings needed to be replaced because they were worn and causing a clunking sound over rough pavement, but otherwise it's a total dream!

Favorite Features

The look, the handling, the wealth of luxury features. Most of all, though, the sheer raw POWER!

Suggested Improvements

A lot of people have had problems with the sway bar bushings. It may not be a safety issue, but is sure is annoying when the car starts clunking like that. Other than that, I wish there were some way to keep the same styling but somehow drop the window level a bit so I could put my arm on the ledge.

Great Sport Sedan
By tmike3

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased with 56k miles. First car purchased in 22 years. Previously had SUVs and a pickup. This car is fantastic! Commute 60 miles per day and have had zero problems. The AWD is great! Had more snow than usual this winter and it handled great. The HEMI has more than enough power for this heavy car. Mileage is not bad on the highway. (20-22 mpg) Tons of room inside and in the truck.

Favorite Features

HEMI, AWD, Large cabin

Suggested Improvements

Tire pressure monitor system sometimes gives false readings even when new sensors are installed.

For a Blast Drive a 300C
By Mark

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in November of 2006. It combines, power, handling and luxury all in one package. After owning high end Lincolns, Oldsmobiles and Buicks, this auto is one of my favorites with exception to the Buick Park Avenue. The 300C AWD intertwines ample power, superb handling and amenities that gives the driver and passengers a superior auto experience. In three years of ownership there have only been two visits to the dealership and the problems were a tech bulletin notice for a transmission seal leak and the navigation CD failed. Both were handled with no residual problems. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, side by side with my Park Avenue!

Favorite Features

Powerful V8, handling and the navigation system.

Suggested Improvements

The only thing that I can think of is to improve the ashtray catch assembly!

Tranny Problems x4
By JIm

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since owning my 2006 300C AWD, I have had it to the dealers 4 times for a shifting problem with the tranny. I can be driving along and with no warning whatsoever, the car acts as if it was put into neutral, engine is running strong, but it won't go anywhere. The dealer(s) (and Tech Support) seem to be having difficulties finding the problem. I'm afraid to take long drives, just in case it happens again. This makes the car not dependable or reliable at all ! Too bad because I really like it otherwise.

Favorite Features

I'm a big guy so I like the interior roominess. Love the styling and the performance (were it not for this tranny problem).

Suggested Improvements

The vehicle history shows that they have tried to fix this and/or related problems on at least 4 occasions since the car was originally purchased. How many time do you put a customer in this situation before enough is enough? It's time to replace the entire tranny (or possibly the car !

Awesome Car
By roadbeagle

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Acuras, and test driven BMWs and Mercedes. This car outdrives them all, and you do it in plush comfort. This car almost drives itself, and makes commuting a breeze. It even gets decent gas mileage, since it has the feature where it can cut out four of the values when they are not needed for acceleration, which really boosts your gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Classic look and comfort

Suggested Improvements

More padding in seats - they are already getting a little soft.