2006 Chrysler 300 5.7L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

C Sedan (5.7L V8 AWD 5-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Power!
By Barry from Boston on 07/29/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought this car in April 2010 because it was time to retire my 2000 Bonneville SSEi and I wanted something powerful that also had AWD. I also wanted something with low miles and didn't want to pay much over $20K. With all that in mind, the 300C AWD was pretty much the only option. I originally wanted a 2007, but found a nice 2006 with only 21K miles in my price range. The car is AMAZING. The ride quality is great, the look is great, the handling is great and the power from the 5.7 L Hemi is jaw-dropping. I had had to make one minor repair -- the sway bar bushings needed to be replaced because they were worn and causing a clunking sound over rough pavement, but otherwise it's a total dream!

Great Sport Sedan
By tmike3 on 06/04/10 12:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Purchased with 56k miles. First car purchased in 22 years. Previously had SUVs and a pickup. This car is fantastic! Commute 60 miles per day and have had zero problems. The AWD is great! Had more snow than usual this winter and it handled great. The HEMI has more than enough power for this heavy car. Mileage is not bad on the highway. (20-22 mpg) Tons of room inside and in the truck.

For a Blast Drive a 300C
By Mark on 12/09/09 12:16 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I purchased this car new in November of 2006. It combines, power, handling and luxury all in one package. After owning high end Lincolns, Oldsmobiles and Buicks, this auto is one of my favorites with exception to the Buick Park Avenue. The 300C AWD intertwines ample power, superb handling and amenities that gives the driver and passengers a superior auto experience. In three years of ownership there have only been two visits to the dealership and the problems were a tech bulletin notice for a transmission seal leak and the navigation CD failed. Both were handled with no residual problems. I plan on keeping this car for a long time, side by side with my Park Avenue!

Tranny Problems x4
By JIm on 09/03/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Since owning my 2006 300C AWD, I have had it to the dealers 4 times for a shifting problem with the tranny. I can be driving along and with no warning whatsoever, the car acts as if it was put into neutral, engine is running strong, but it won't go anywhere. The dealer(s) (and Tech Support) seem to be having difficulties finding the problem. I'm afraid to take long drives, just in case it happens again. This makes the car not dependable or reliable at all ! Too bad because I really like it otherwise.

Awesome Car
By roadbeagle on 05/07/08 04:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I've owned Acuras, and test driven BMWs and Mercedes. This car outdrives them all, and you do it in plush comfort. This car almost drives itself, and makes commuting a breeze. It even gets decent gas mileage, since it has the feature where it can cut out four of the values when they are not needed for acceleration, which really boosts your gas mileage.

love my 300c
By grlove13 on 12/20/06 16:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

love to drive.poor mileage.factory said it would get 24 mpg on highway, I'm 65 and retired and not A fast driver but I would love to find out how they get over 20 mpg on this car.

300C AWD less than perfect!
By Bob G on 12/20/06 15:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Vehicle is very comfortable, handles well, ease of entry and exit is very good. Present mileage is 9500. I have experienced throttle hesitation under most circumstances but especially when turning from highway onto exit and attempting light acceleration, it simple does not respond until accelerator is depressed much more and then response is sudden and abrupt. Under full throttle acceleration I frequently experience a severe hesitation between shifts from 1st to 2nd wherein the vehicle seems to loose forward momentum and nose dives! Dealer says "no codes, no problem" I am extremely disappointed in this vehicle due to the aforementioned behavior. My Wife has experienced the same behavior.

Bang for the buck
By Daryl Buerger on 12/02/06 08:01 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best full sized sedan in its price range. Look no further. I did exhaustive research and comparisons before buying. Almost went with the Charger but stuck with the 300C because a few more luxury features. This cars feel and roadability is outstanding. plenty of power and good fuel economy. I average 18 city and 22 hwy. with the MDS system The interior comfort is great with a ample rear seat room. This car still get lots of attention where ever it goes and it has the ability to get there fast. My 300 is loaded with every option Don't skimp here I've rented less equipped 300's and chargers only to love the one I have more! Not one disappointment yet.

300-C AWD
By I B on 11/29/06 17:10 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

The car is terrific. Great handling, comfort and exterior styling. The fuel economy is not good. Chrysler offered no help when I contacted them. The interior should be more exciting for a $40,000 car. Acceleration is fantastic, too bad it drinks so much gas when you put the petal to the metal. The AWD car should have standard 20" wheels, that would make the car look much better. The toys (GPS, Sirius radio, back up warning, up windows automatic, wipers that do not need to turned on etc, etc) are great fun and makes the car more enjoyable. I'm anxiously awaiting when DCX decides to put a diesel engine in this car. Until then I keep this one.

Amazing 300C
By Mike and Viki Zinna on 11/25/06 09:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan AWD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Both being car nuts, I was first struck by the styling. We needed a new ride so we got the Chrysler. I love the Hot Rod almost chopped look. Being from the 60's we had to have the Hemi. The performance and the gas mileage is amazing. The interior is comfortable but a little lacking. The suspension is incredible. For a big car it handles like a sports car. No drift and really hangs in on the corners. Very stable in the wet. What would be really hip is a manual 5 speed. It gives you that 1930's big phaeton kind of feel. It's a wonderful car. I love the satellite radio. A must.