2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
top notch
By bigbob15 on 03/18/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

i have 97k miles on it...only gave it 7 oil changes in 6 years..neva changed the brakes..car is like superman...lik literally..hwy miles..city miles..max out 115mph weekly...still runs like new

Disappointed
By kcomstock on 04/10/11 23:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The tires didn't last very long. I hate the cruise control! Very disappointed that my car worked great, and then stranded me. I find out that me along with 25,000k other owners have been stuck because car gets stuck in "Park" due to cheap plastic pin part not made from aluminum. Chrysler won't do a recall. I would like to know who to complain to. It has cost me work time. Very unexpected to have your car work perfectly then just not work at all. I'm glad my college son did not take it as we discussed for his college admit day. He would have been stuck hours away from home. Chrysler wants to charge $500 for parts/labor for their mistake. They keep this in stock because of so many!

Looks good but made with cheap parts!
By Julia Davis on 10/11/09 19:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

It is made with cheap parts that will keep you at a dealer. ALL the pins in my motor broke in half and they were hollow. The mechanic said that most pins are solid all the way through so if they broke once they will do it again. Every time I took it in, I was told they get alot of 300's in with all types of problems and most of them have to do with the motor. I love the look but hate the way it kept me at a dealer. Im glad I got rid of it.

Cheap Parts
By My Chrysler on 04/18/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the car 7/06 and in the first year the I have already replaced the tires, the paint is chipping off the handle on the driver's side the leather is already cracking in the driver's seat and the engine lights is always on, not to mention that brake light, dealership claims they can't find the problem after the third time they said they needed to replace the thermostat, why I don't know, I just think this car shouldn't be doing anything the first couple of years,especially when you buy it brand new, we are very disappointed for the money we paid for the car, I just think all the materials are cheap

AWD version sits higher
By villanpd on 02/21/07 15:52 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

AWD version which I have sits an inch or so higher than the other variants. I like the height as most SUVs do not block my view as they do in a lower sitting vehicle like a sebring (which I also have). The car is nimble for its size, corners well, and gives a great ride. Apparently, the 300 is blessed with the Mercedes Benz suspension system for a fraction of a Benz price. It also has the Benz designed transmission which is smooth and is able to be shifted manually into higher-lower gears. Nice touch that adds to the secure AWD ride on mountain roads. The exterior is great and everyone knows it. It gets lots of looks. The interior is not as impressive as you might expect, but suitable

Loved every mile--40K and driving
By Valarie Brown on 09/22/06 11:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having driven both a Mitusbishi Eclipse and four wheel drive SUVs, the handling on the 300 has been a surprise and joy. I love driving on the open road and my 300 made the 150 mile daily commute comfortable. I purchased the car with all of the bells and whstles and have not regretted any of the additional expenses. I am now a life time subscriber to satellite radio and a faithful user of the integrated bluetooth phone system.

Great machine
By J. Klugman on 03/06/06 16:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Chrysler has done it. A baby suv, oops a awd for the northeast. Snow up to your eyeballs and this baby wants to play! Great traction as well as stability. Must be carefull not to kill myself or anybody else. I have only felt the abs once this winter.

hard ride
By VSC on 02/08/06 20:46 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

New owner and pleased with all features except very hard ride. Not typical of American type suspension. Will not keep 300 Tourist if I can't find a solution.

Good Car but not great
By Thomas on 01/18/06 09:47 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring AWD is a very good car the ride is smooth and comfortable the steering is tight and handles well the engine really loves to guzzle up the fuel with this AWD and the rear seat is not as roomy as you might expect and i really like the exterior design nice and sleek except in my opinion the car doesnt look long enough it looks like it they chopped off the trunk but i wished i had looked around a bit more i would have got one of the more modern cars in this class like the Mercury Grand Marquis or Montego and Ford Five Hundred but i am fairly happy with my 300 its a good car

# fifteen is # one!
By AK Peppard on 12/31/05 19:39 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased my first new Chrysler in 1965. Between then and now I have had two Pontiacs, three Fords and fourteen more Chryslers. My present 2006 is clearly the overall winner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.