2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Awful to drive in the snow
By cosmo5976 on 08/24/13 00:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 300C I bought new in Nov of 05. For the most part the car is a reasonable ok car. Replaced a front strut and tires and that is about it so far. Car looks great with the Bentley grill and high speed feels like your floating on a cloud. However, without a doubt this is the worse car I have ever driven in the snow. Even with a light touch of the gas pedal reserving all this horsepower the car spins (including after I bought new high end tires for snow) and sways side to side. In the past I have ventured out in the snow only to turn around because the security that I will be able to get home or get stuck is a constant on my mine. Should have gone with the awd version.

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42 on 03/26/13 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs on 11/16/12 11:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.

Great value
By kgus on 11/08/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 300 C three years ago as a "new"2006. Plan to trade it next week for a "new 2010". I'm getting the same vehicle with a few more options and AWD (I live in the Snowbelt). I've owned Cadillacs in the past and they don't have anything on the 300C. Tires were worn out at 44000, other than that, have had NO problems...never been in the shop but for routine maintenance. Gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 65mph. The fact that I'm buying another should say enough.

Look out for front end issues
By stan on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

My car has 40k on it. Unfortunately, my front end feels loose and rattles and squeaks. my research shows that about $1000.00 fixes it and it will come back again in about 20k miles. Due to a poor design and heavy front end

Car is great to drive
By Tom on 06/04/10 10:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Bought 300C with 32,000 miles. Silver with updated grill and some chrome. Looks great, handles well. Suspension allows rapid cruising, does extremely well on windy roads for a car this size. Power is always there when you need it, tranny shifts smooth, geared ok for when you jump on it.Boston stereo ok but I will upgrade rear speakers soon. I like the large sunroof, lets in alot of air and light. I have always owned big cars with V8's and this one has not let me down, overall its a great package for the price.

Chrysler 300C Spontaneous Engine Failure
By KHerron on 05/20/10 11:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I was very satisfied with the overall performance and reliability of my Chrysler until the early afternoon on May 9th when the Engine decided that the parking lot of Osh Hardware Store was the place where it would decide to rest forever. I drove to the store fine and when I came out the car failed to start. I had it towed to the nearest dealership where the mechanic confirmed that that engine is completely gone. The pistons have holes in them and the valves are in pieces, it will cost $8,100.00 for a new engine. I informed Chrysler LLC about the issue and after confirming that the problem was not my fault they only offered to pay for HALF leaving me with a $4,000.00 bill

Luxury, Performance, Coolness, & Quality
By Speedle on 02/21/10 21:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have put over 39,000 miles on our 300C in the past 4 years. No problems at all. The Hemi makes it fun to drive and the hi tech goodies are easy to use. The Boston Sound System is absolutely the best car radio I have heard. Talk about value for your dollar. I usually trade cars every 3 or 4 years, but I can't come up with a good reason to trade this one.

Awesome sedan
By southshore4 on 08/25/09 18:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love my C and the Hemi engine. Roomy and comfortable. Great leg room for 6'2" and then some. I also drove an M for years, which had superior handling to the C. Reliability has been very good. Had worn tie rods at 30K, but Chrysler reimbursed for parts at least following my complaint letter. All components work great on this vehicle. I'll average 21 mpg in my 20 mile commute, not bad knowing that this car has unbelievable acceleration when needed/wanted.

best of both worlds
By gking1985 on 04/01/09 11:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Essentially the best vehicle I have ever owned. Combines the exhilaration, acceleration, and precision I expect from my Jaguar, and the quiet, luxurious, and smooth attributes I get from my Lexus Hybrid. I'm a believer in domestic cars again - you will NEVER feel underpowered at a stoplight, or an on-ramp. The Benz-derived tranny is a perfect mate to the "demi-HEMI" and shifts smoothly without hesitation. There should be no question about engine performance - RWD's performance off the line is jaw dropping (in dry conditions of course). If you want a car you can schmooze the boss in, and blow past the European imports in, look no further.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.