Used 2006 Chrysler 300 C Consumer Reviews - 139 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Major Issues
By gl2238

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First problem was Stalling on left turns after tank fill up.
Problem was deteriorating valve in fuel tank letting raw fuel enter intake manifold.
Tank had to be replaced.
(Recall, I believe is not official as yet)
Park to Neutral lockout mechanism broke so car could not be driven.
This also was taken care of by Chrysler as a courtesy.
Recall is imminent.

Hood and trunk lifting struts have been replaced three times.
They only last 6 months in the Las Vegas Area (high temp environment).
Monroe's seem to last the longest.
I have had the hood come down on me a couple of times so now I use a stick.
My wife had to go to the emergency room when the trunk came down on her head.

Plenty of pep and fun to drive on the freeway. Brakes seem to last a long time. I now have 49K miles and plenty left on both front and rear although foot brake is now out of range and has to be adjusted.

Go back to the old fashioned spring latch hood and trunk lift mechanisms. Car is awful in snow. Weight balance is off and should be more in the rear. Car redesign is not practical but this is a short coming of this model. Would like a slightly better ratio (higher) in fifth to improve freeway mileage.

Awful to drive in the snow
By cosmo5976

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 300C I bought new in Nov of 05.
For the most part the car is a reasonable ok car.
Replaced a front strut and tires and that is about it so far. Car looks great with the Bentley grill and high speed feels like your floating on a cloud.
However, without a doubt this is the worse car I have ever driven in the snow.
Even with a light touch of the gas pedal reserving all this horsepower the car spins (including after I bought new high end tires for snow) and sways side to side.
In the past I have ventured out in the snow only to turn around because the security that I will be able to get home or get stuck is a constant on my mine.
Should have gone with the awd version.

Looks. Speed. Merging.

Buffer on the sunroof.

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.

Looks very nice and is a comfortable ride. The engine power is great when it worked.

The Hemi V8 5.7L engine was built to fail. Transmission failed on me as well.

Great value
By kgus

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought my 300 C three years ago as a "new"2006. Plan to trade it next week for a "new 2010". I'm getting the same vehicle with a few more options and AWD (I live in the Snowbelt). I've owned Cadillacs in the past and they don't have anything on the 300C. Tires were worn out at 44000, other than that, have had NO problems...never been in the shop but for routine maintenance. Gets 25 mpg on the interstate at 65mph. The fact that I'm buying another should say enough.

power, comfort, reliability, looks