2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Ugh I am so glad it's over.
By luvtoyota10 on 02/20/12 11:42 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay this was my fathers car. And it was such a piece of junk one day I was in the car on the highway and the steering wheel was vibrating and shaking. There were many issues with things that my father assumed were fine, but he traded it in for a Toyota Avalon. It handled like a turd and the interior was crap. But i have to admit it looked sharp in black and it rode smooth and had a quiet ride.

THE 300
By hubstar on 12/27/11 15:06 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

purchased DEC'06..in 08 I was driving to GA frm SD,Cali..I got to TX the car went crazy..the lights started blinking,windshield wipers went crazy they even threw themselves off track,got stuck to the right..car turned off..99 degrees n/tx w/ my fam in the car..I had some fuses in my emer. kit..found of about 4-5 of them blew out..changed the 1's that I could ie..fuel pump and a few others..tranny went into limp mode..drove to ga like that..had it ship'd back to cali frm ga...total to fix 6.5k...in oct tranny blew..1.5k..DEC'11 engine blew 3.7k..rental car total 1.4k..tow from ga 1.2k..total for everthing 14.3k...I owe 12.4k on the loan...kids missing Christmas Priceless!Thx Chrysler!

Don't buy a Chrysler especially the 2.7 engine
By chryslersuck1 on 11/25/11 10:49 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The body style was the main reason for my purchase. I take very good care of my cars. I serviced this car regularly with oil changes every 3-6,000 miles even though the owners manual say to do so every 7,500 miles. The 2.7 engine blew at 89,000 miles and now I have to go buy a new car. It won't be a chrysler! Other problems I had with this car was the transmission. It seems that is a standard for Chrysler.

Just for looks
By truthbetold37 on 09/28/11 12:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car is just for looks. Even with doing regular maintenenace to preven major problems I still had them. Within 2 years of owning my 300 I have paid $700 to replace a housing unit $600 to replace the water pump $1700 to repair a crack head caused by the car running hot when the water pump went out. And now the car is stuck in park come to find out there are a lot of people having this same problem with Chrysler cars something about the shift box there is some plastic piece that is faulty and Chrysler will not do a recall leaving the customer to have to replace it. Will never ever buy another Chrysler car again. My father told me not to buy Chrysler but I did not listen.

Great Car
By Chatti on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I read Consumer Reports but I hate the fact that all the "foreign" cars rate high and the Dodge and Chrysler always rate low.I love my Chrysler 300.I have owned it for 5 years and it has never failed me. At 60,000 miles I am just now replacing the tires.I have the large engine and it climbs the mountains at 80 and gets 26 to 27 mpg. For a full size car the mileage is great. This is the 5th car or truck I have bought from Oxendales and they are also great to deal with. We are a 2 car family so we have owned Chevy, Fords and Toyotas but nothing as nice as this.I have dual air, satellite radio and cooling in the back seat so my grandkids don't complain about being hot in the summer heat of AZ

Performance after 75000
By 300 owner on 02/26/09 07:48 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle did a lot of highway driving and was great up to 75000 mls, afterwhich started having problems with head gasket, water pump and thermostat which were all related to the heating system, very costly and after speaking with several Chrysler professionals it is to be expected with this 2.7 engine the problems and more not described here. I've met technicians that would not touch this engine. For one thing the water pump is behind the timing chain which becomes faulty because of the head gasket issue, resulting in high labor costs. Really liked the vehicle but dont have time to spend at the dealership spending money in these hard times.

I loved it one time too!
By Aggrivated in Ky on 02/16/09 16:51 PM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 300 for exactly a year now. I agree with others it looks fantastic. Granted I bought it used, but The car idles rough, shifts badly, currently need sway bars, wheel bearings, EGR Valve system repair. It sways badly lags in power especially in take off. I have check engine light and 2 lights to do with breaking illuminated. And beware if you ever have a flat tire. The lug nuts have casings on them that go over the lip of lug nut. They are not the removable caps. When you try to take the lug nuts off they caps just spin. I have had to cut the caps off my lug nuts and have to buy all new. On top of that, whoever heard of a car you have to have software updates? Wish I never bought it!

Watch Out
By 300m on 01/01/09 11:16 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 300 is a very pretty car to look at but, if you want a car that will stand up in performance and, reliabilty I wouldn't advise you to get a 300. I've had my car almost two years, I get my regular services however my car sounds and performs terrible. The transmission do not change smoothly and, its extremly loud. My tire went flat and, I was told I have a slow leak in the rim that can't be fixed which mean I have to buy a new rim at $400. If you have a choice please do not get a 300.

Great Car
By AndreaR on 12/23/08 09:41 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for almost 3 years now. My lease is almost up and overall have loved this car. I live in Minnesota so I wouldn't say it's a car I would choose again to take on the Minnesota winter but it held up! I had the electronic stability program which did not come optional in the base sedan and it helps out a lot. I believe I had two recalls and then also one time everything that was power operated other than the locks went out and had to get the entire dash replaced. It was covered under warranty so it didn't matter much. Other than I loved it! Gas mileage is decent for the size of the vehicle but it helps with the smaller engine.

Would buy again!
By KRB on 06/22/08 14:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for 2 years. It has been a pleasure to own. Great style and low maintenance.Gas mileage 24 mpg in city and 27 mpg on hwy. I added the leather seats and window tinting and navigation system, that's it! Great car for the price. I would definitely buy it again.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.