Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Great Car
By rodneystri

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July 2006 and have had no major issues that were not covered by the warranty, I only have just over 36K original miles and just replaced the tires and that was only because the tires had age cracks on them, the tread was still in good shape and probably could have gone another 36k but didn't want to take the chance. I Love this car.

I bought this car because when I was a kid my parents had one (1965-66) and since then I wanted one. I only wanted the Base model for I didn't want the leather seats or any of the other stuff I wouldn't want or use. I enjoy the safety features of air bags all around and the size to be able to survive an accident if necessary.

Make it compatable with all MP3 players not just the Apple.

GREAT CAR SO FAR
By viko1

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner. It had 40k miles on it when I bought my car. Now it has 112k , and only problem I had was the EGR valve around 85k miles....I had to get it replaced and the problem is fixed. Its not the best luxury car nor has the best performance. But you get what you pay for and it does the work. My friend thinks that it is better than BMW 335 xDrive, for the long highway trips..you go figure...If you take care of your car it will not fail or break ...IMHO American made cars are more reliable than the European cars...plus the money you spend at the mechanic/dealer is always less if you go for the American...be smart if you don't have a million...

Ugh I am so glad it's over.
By luvtoyota10

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Okay this was my fathers car. And it was such a piece of junk one day I was in the car on the highway and the steering wheel was vibrating and shaking. There were many issues with things that my father assumed were fine, but he traded it in for a Toyota Avalon. It handled like a turd and the interior was crap. But i have to admit it looked sharp in black and it rode smooth and had a quiet ride.

everything.

THE 300
By hubstar

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

purchased DEC'06..in 08 I was driving to GA frm SD,Cali..I got to TX the car went crazy..the lights started blinking,windshield wipers went crazy they even threw themselves off track,got stuck to the right..car turned off..99 degrees n/tx w/ my fam in the car..I had some fuses in my emer. kit..found of about 4-5 of them blew out..changed the 1's that I could ie..fuel pump and a few others..tranny went into limp mode..drove to ga like that..had it ship'd back to cali frm ga...total to fix 6.5k...in oct tranny blew..1.5k..DEC'11 engine blew 3.7k..rental car total 1.4k..tow from ga 1.2k..total for everthing 14.3k...I owe 12.4k on the loan...kids missing Christmas Priceless!Thx Chrysler!

Nothing!

Just do people right!

Don't buy a Chrysler especially the 2.7 engine
By chryslersuck1

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in 2006. The body style was the main reason for my purchase. I take very good care of my cars. I serviced this car regularly with oil changes every 3-6,000 miles even though the owners manual say to do so every 7,500 miles. The 2.7 engine blew at 89,000 miles and now I have to go buy a new car. It won't be a chrysler! Other problems I had with this car was the transmission. It seems that is a standard for Chrysler.

body style