2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
232k miles and running - Great car
By tigers4 on 09/16/14 08:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing quality and reliability for me. No real issues until about 225k miles except replaced tie rods a couple times (partially due to crappy roads) and had one issue with it being stuck in park. Never even replaced battery but I drive a lot of hwy miles. Since 225 k, I had the brake and rotors replaced (2nd time for rotor) and since then, the ABS and EAS lights have been on and as result lost cruse control. Passenger door open from inside issues. Power steering is a little stiff on occasion. Engine light is on. Still drives fine though. Body is in Great condition, one tiny spot of rust that just surfaced (live in Michigan) and a few scratches. I got my moneys worth in this car!

Major Issues
By gl2238 on 09/01/14 09:39 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First problem was Stalling on left turns after tank fill up. Problem was deteriorating valve in fuel tank letting raw fuel enter intake manifold. Tank had to be replaced. (Recall, I believe is not official as yet) Park to Neutral lockout mechanism broke so car could not be driven. This also was taken care of by Chrysler as a courtesy. Recall is imminent. Hood and trunk lifting struts have been replaced three times. They only last 6 months in the Las Vegas Area (high temp environment). Monroe's seem to last the longest. I have had the hood come down on me a couple of times so now I use a stick. My wife had to go to the emergency room when the trunk came down on her head.

Great Car
By rodneystri on 08/10/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July 2006 and have had no major issues that were not covered by the warranty, I only have just over 36K original miles and just replaced the tires and that was only because the tires had age cracks on them, the tread was still in good shape and probably could have gone another 36k but didn't want to take the chance. I Love this car.

GREAT CAR SO FAR
By viko1 on 08/05/14 08:05 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner. It had 40k miles on it when I bought my car. Now it has 112k , and only problem I had was the EGR valve around 85k miles....I had to get it replaced and the problem is fixed. Its not the best luxury car nor has the best performance. But you get what you pay for and it does the work. My friend thinks that it is better than BMW 335 xDrive, for the long highway trips..you go figure...If you take care of your car it will not fail or break ...IMHO American made cars are more reliable than the European cars...plus the money you spend at the mechanic/dealer is always less if you go for the American...be smart if you don't have a million...

Chrysler 300 Poor Choice
By drewcarr on 07/28/14 14:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hi - I bought a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition with 63,000 km's on it. I bought the car from a salesman friend and he swore up and down that car never missed a service and was ultra-reliable. I have owned the car for just over two years (now has 109,000 km's) and have done the following since I owned it - replaced two front end ball joint and two front end control arms - replaced alternator - replaced battery - serpentine belt "exploded" had to be towed. The front left wheel bearing had to be replaced. ERG valve replaced.Knuckle joint is gone in the steering column. I can't buy the joint must buy the entire steering column at a cost of over $900.Air conditioning compressor replaced.LEMON LEMON

Awful to drive in the snow
By cosmo5976 on 08/24/13 00:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I have a 2006 300C I bought new in Nov of 05. For the most part the car is a reasonable ok car. Replaced a front strut and tires and that is about it so far. Car looks great with the Bentley grill and high speed feels like your floating on a cloud. However, without a doubt this is the worse car I have ever driven in the snow. Even with a light touch of the gas pedal reserving all this horsepower the car spins (including after I bought new high end tires for snow) and sways side to side. In the past I have ventured out in the snow only to turn around because the security that I will be able to get home or get stuck is a constant on my mine. Should have gone with the awd version.

Love Hate Relationship!
By limopaul on 07/17/13 16:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Loved this car from the day I drove it home. One owner black beauty only mod was a K&N drop in filter and I added a Borla exhaust system. Hella fast and fun to drive. Well maintained and garage kept, used as a Livery sedan and purchased with about 93k miles. Replaced front strut assemblies and wheel bearings (pricey). Car is nose heavy by design. All went well without any issues until cruising in the fast lane at about 70mph Engine lost power without warning, barely made it off of freeway and car had died at the offramp. Stranded with clients in car 85 miles from home! Broken valve spring, bent valve and pushrod, Had heads redone and with tow bill about a $2500 breakdown. Sold it

2006 Chrysler 300 Hemi died without warning
By cathy42 on 03/26/13 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Best and Worst car ever owned. As far as luxury and comfort is concerned, this is the best car I ever owned. But, at 66k miles, the car died at a red light without warning or signs/symptoms of problems. It...just...shut...off! Still waiting on diagnosis from Chrysler automotive. At this point, Chrysler is charging me $320 just to tear down engine to see what is wrong. Will report back once I learn the problem. Im expecting to hear engine blown $11k in repairs. But hopefully not! BTW: I keep the car in good repair and use synthetic oil. Had a PT Cruiser for 10 years with no problems!

Best car i ever bought
By anthony89 on 02/24/13 11:30 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car on Dcember 11, 2011 and it had 58,800 miles on it. Since then i have taken about 10 trips in this car. It now has 74,650 miles on it and she is still going strong. All my friends and family love my car. The build quality is amazing there are no rattles or squeaks either. I recomend this car to anybody who is looking for a good used car.

Unreliable, built to fail
By baconandeggs on 11/16/12 11:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Do your research! People are giving star rating based on the looks/cosmetics of the car and not talking about the engine that will fail on you with low mileage! I've had the engine rebuilt and just recently, the transmission. The mechanic who rebuilt my engine makes a living on fixing Hemi V8 5.7L engines. He was surprised that mine lasted 110,000 miles. That should give you a clue as to what kind care and quality control Chrysler has. I bought the car brand new in 2006 and gave nothing but synthetic oil changes and the proper maintenance. It looks great but I do not recommend this vehicle for reliability purposes.