Used 2006 Chrysler 300 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

232k miles and running - Great car
By tigers4

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Amazing quality and reliability for me. No real issues until about 225k miles except replaced tie rods a couple times (partially due to crappy roads) and had one issue with it being stuck in park. Never even replaced battery but I drive a lot of hwy miles. Since 225 k, I had the brake and rotors replaced (2nd time for rotor) and since then, the ABS and EAS lights have been on and as result lost cruse control. Passenger door open from inside issues. Power steering is a little stiff on occasion. Engine light is on. Still drives fine though. Body is in Great condition, one tiny spot of rust that just surfaced (live in Michigan) and a few scratches. I got my moneys worth in this car!

Favorite Features

comfortable drive, lots of room, great longevity, good styling.

Suggested Improvements

After 232k I am ready for a new car, probably another 300.

Major Issues
By gl2238

2006 Chrysler 300 C 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

First problem was Stalling on left turns after tank fill up. Problem was deteriorating valve in fuel tank letting raw fuel enter intake manifold. Tank had to be replaced. (Recall, I believe is not official as yet) Park to Neutral lockout mechanism broke so car could not be driven. This also was taken care of by Chrysler as a courtesy. Recall is imminent. Hood and trunk lifting struts have been replaced three times. They only last 6 months in the Las Vegas Area (high temp environment). Monroe's seem to last the longest. I have had the hood come down on me a couple of times so now I use a stick. My wife had to go to the emergency room when the trunk came down on her head.

Favorite Features

Plenty of pep and fun to drive on the freeway. Brakes seem to last a long time. I now have 49K miles and plenty left on both front and rear although foot brake is now out of range and has to be adjusted.

Suggested Improvements

Go back to the old fashioned spring latch hood and trunk lift mechanisms. Car is awful in snow. Weight balance is off and should be more in the rear. Car redesign is not practical but this is a short coming of this model. Would like a slightly better ratio (higher) in fifth to improve freeway mileage.

Great Car
By rodneystri

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car new in July 2006 and have had no major issues that were not covered by the warranty, I only have just over 36K original miles and just replaced the tires and that was only because the tires had age cracks on them, the tread was still in good shape and probably could have gone another 36k but didn't want to take the chance. I Love this car.

Favorite Features

I bought this car because when I was a kid my parents had one (1965-66) and since then I wanted one. I only wanted the Base model for I didn't want the leather seats or any of the other stuff I wouldn't want or use. I enjoy the safety features of air bags all around and the size to be able to survive an accident if necessary.

Suggested Improvements

Make it compatable with all MP3 players not just the Apple.

GREAT CAR SO FAR
By viko1

2006 Chrysler 300 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am the second owner. It had 40k miles on it when I bought my car. Now it has 112k , and only problem I had was the EGR valve around 85k miles....I had to get it replaced and the problem is fixed. Its not the best luxury car nor has the best performance. But you get what you pay for and it does the work. My friend thinks that it is better than BMW 335 xDrive, for the long highway trips..you go figure...If you take care of your car it will not fail or break ...IMHO American made cars are more reliable than the European cars...plus the money you spend at the mechanic/dealer is always less if you go for the American...be smart if you don't have a million...

Chrysler 300 Poor Choice
By drewcarr

2006 Chrysler 300 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Hi - I bought a Chrysler 300 Touring Edition with 63,000 km's on it. I bought the car from a salesman friend and he swore up and down that car never missed a service and was ultra-reliable. I have owned the car for just over two years (now has 109,000 km's) and have done the following since I owned it - replaced two front end ball joint and two front end control arms - replaced alternator - replaced battery - serpentine belt "exploded" had to be towed. The front left wheel bearing had to be replaced. ERG valve replaced.Knuckle joint is gone in the steering column. I can't buy the joint must buy the entire steering column at a cost of over $900.Air conditioning compressor replaced.LEMON LEMON

Favorite Features

none.

Suggested Improvements

Build a car that doesn't completely fall to pieces after 100,000 km's - this car may look cool but it will leave you penniless and disappointed. Plus Chrysler knew about many of these issues- especially steering column issues and stood by and did nothing. I can not state strongly enough to stay away from all Chrysler products as the company is a joke and no-one is laughing.