2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
worth the money
By ralph f. on 03/22/07 12:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

very happy with car--changed tires to michelin mxv4-continental tires were very poor--trunk latch always loose-- would have liked memory function for seats but still very happy with car-- added an infinity powered subwoofer to system

Go In the Snow?
By Chuck on 03/19/07 13:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my 300 for about 2 years and just found out the go in the snow - does not. Whenever this vehicle senses ice or snow, the vehicle stalls to neutral, then when you try to go again, it does the same thing all over. So, the only thing you can do is chain up with as little as 1" of snow on the ground. Not to good in the Pacific Northwest in the winter. I thought this was a defect, but talking with other owners, they have had the same experience.

Very nice car
By D Copeland on 03/02/07 20:12 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

this car is a beautiful car and fun to drive. The ride could be a little softer.

loveit hateit
By loveithateit on 01/30/07 20:30 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the loaded 300C 9 months ago and loved the looks, power and creature comforts of the 300. I had to sell the car after 9 months and 28,000 miles because it rides like you are on a buckboard wagon. You feel every bump in the road yet the Chrysler dealer says the ride is normal after taking it for a drive. I had planned on driving it for a long time but could not stand the thought of driving it any longer. PS - Resale value has gone down drastically.

Overall a happy owner
By matinee on 01/03/07 20:31 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well, just approaching 40000 miles. So far not a single issue aside from the loss of memory for the keys (a result of me running over a boulder in the middle of a highway). The dealer did a great job fixing everything and the car still drives well. Even winter driving is not bad and I live in Edmonton, Alberta.

Styled like my 1950 Merc
By CSM102E on 12/20/06 12:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Although told it looked like a Bentley, I thought it looked like the 1950 Mercury, I had as a teen. It even has RR drive. Has vision problems that you have to be aware of. It's a real eye catcher. After 2 years, am still pleased with it.

Chrysler 300
By Haywood B. Joiner, J on 12/13/06 08:14 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The Chrysler 300 is a fun car to drive and has the appearance of a much more expensive automobile. I have had problems with the window motors in three of the doors (windows would not go down). All three window motors had to be replaced. I have also had problems with the child locks on both rear doors (when child lock is off adult passengers cannot open rear doors, so I have to get out and open doors from outside of the vehicle). I have had this problem checked, but it continues to reoccur. I have also had to have both sun visor clips replaced. They broke off a few weeks after purchase. Both of my fog lamps, for some reason cracked. I don't think rocks caused the cracks.

Sensible sedan
By Bernie on 12/11/06 09:21 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

For the money there isn't another car that can hold a candle to this Chrysler 300. Now with 30,000 miles on it, we are just as pleased with it as when it was new. Dealer service here in a small town is a little less than I would like but they have backed the warranty completely on various small items. The most negative feature I can think of is the paint. We have the black and it seems to be very brittle, allowing rocks to readily chip the front end.

Excellent Car
By Thornton on 12/04/06 21:14 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been one of the greatest cars I have ever purchased. You cannot beat the comfort you experience on the Road. This car handles like a dream on the road. It has good gas mileage whether you are on the road of just doing average city driving. For the price I would recommend this to anyone looking for the elegant look, but affordable. We own a cadillac Eldorado and I prefer this car over that one any day. I am tall and it gives me the leg room I need for comfort, along with the fact that three adults can seat in the rear with total comfort.

3 sets of tires
By 3 sets of tires on 12/02/06 16:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is a great car and my second 300. My first was a 300M bought new in 1999 and that was a fun car, but the 300C is by far the best car I have ever owned. If Chrysler keeps this up I will buy another one. The 300C SRT8 is the next one on my list.