Used 2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 709 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

Eye Catcher
By Art

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi folks,I have a 2005 chrysler 300 base and Im suprised hearing some of the bad reviews about the base model.I read where people said it dont have power and thats not true it has more than a person needs plus great on gas. Only the people who are speed crazy would think that.Also some say its interior is cheap which is not true people who see it loves it.I see many 300s for sale with torn leather.Also people knock the steel wheels with hubcaps on them.Nothing wrong with that at least a person can change the hubcaps at a fair price whenever they want to while other owners are stuck with high priced wheels.I have friends who have the touring model and mine is more eye cathing.

One of the best cars I've ever owned
By LarryC

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A car hasn't made me feel so good since my Trans Am in 1979. Other than scheduled maintenance, the car has never been in the shop. With 20" chrome wheels and low profile tires, the car still looks fresh and brand new.

The handling and the chopped look of the roof line.

Not a one.

Problems Problems
By Sameer Sinha

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as second owner with 32,000 miles 8yr/80000 Pt warranty and 3 month 3000 bumber to bumber. I have visor clips break, Trunk release break, Lighter switch break. Suspension is noisy with loud Thuds, Brake is noisy with sqeeks, underbody rattle, steering hardens in clod temperature, Cruise control failure, steering system wearing and all this in 13 months or by 65000 miles. The car is too low to bump the speed bumps in shopping mall parking lots. Speakers are poor quality with sound distortion at 40% volume. REar wheel is terrible to handle in winter with snow, my first and last experience.

Space, Gas mileage

Increase overal experience by improving reliability of all systems steering, suspension, powertrain etc.

Problems with my 300
By charles lewis

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mileage 183,000. Engine is shot, it has a broken wrist pin. Gas gauge broken, had to replace rotors every 40,000 miles, suspension has gotten weak, car sways a lot. I am having to replace the engine, total cost: $4,200. I am not a happy camper. Period. I loved this car, hope to have put 250,000 miles on it. It did not happen! Running lights are always getting hit with debris and going out

Looks

Better wear on engine parts, gas gauge needs to work all the time,

300C stands the test of time
By Marlonm

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just wanted to write-in after 88,000 miles I still love my 300C as much as the day I bought it. I have had a few, mostly minor problems (headlight, EGR valve, cam sensor, differential seal leak, nav button). All of these have been covered by 100K warranty. Still have yet to replace the brakes! Gas mileage is excellent (22 combined MPG) as long as I don't mash the pedal too often. I would buy this car all over again if Chrysler is still around in a few years.

Engine, simple yet elegant interior

Rattle in the dash