2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
Mixed Opinions
By Matt on 03/04/08 17:54 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this car for almost 2 years and I'm just approaching 40k miles and over all i'm impressed with the looks and thats it, mecanicaly I have had nothing but headaches. The transmission slips and steering becomes difficult when its cold (I live in Canada), extremly rough idle and the dealer claims there is nothing wrong, I had to replace all speakers in the car, both rear power window motors twice, brake rotors at 15k and the OEM Goodyear tires stink they wear out fast and I had them replaced at 20k miles for a set of Michelins. This is my 3rd Chrysler and I won't be buying another any time soon and in fact I'm trading it for a Honda Accord EX V6 next week.

The best ever, so far
By mikem on 12/18/07 10:51 AM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I hade a numbers of cars in my life span but never have I had a car that have been that reliable and comfortable as my 300 Touring. I love the design and my fuel economy have improved by adding a cold air intake to the engine. Fast, lots of torque, enough horsepower to maintaine the speed on the freeway at any time I drive. I had the car for a year and i bought it used with 10000 miles on it, now after 30000 miles it is going strong with not what so ever problems. If I would consider to exhange my vehicle I would probably buy a new SRT 8 this time with no considerations at all.

Chrysler 300 just quits at speed
By Leiah on 08/25/07 10:34 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I adored this car from the moment I bought it. Looks cool, comfortable, roomy, handles like a dream. Until 3 months ago. Now, I have a very expensive paperweight on my hands I don't even dare drive. The car loses power at speed, locking out all control, making me a ton rock in the middle of the road. It now sits at the dealership, where they say "their computer can't find a problem." This is the FIFTH time it has been into the shop for the same problem. Chrysler's response when I contacted them? Tough luck, lady. Trade up to a new 300. It's paid for, so they aren't making any money off it. After many, many years as a loyal Chrysler owner-NEVER AGAIN!! Toyota dealership, here I come!

Mercedes at a Chrysler Price
By DenaliGuy on 08/14/07 14:07 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Wow! This car has it all and for the price it can't be beat by any of its competitors. Having owned Japanese autos from day one, I was amazed how wonderful this car felt on the road not to mention its unlimited power. The Hemi is smoother and more controlled than any multi-valve, VTEC, or supercharged engine.

I love my 300c
By ROSE on 07/14/07 10:53 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

This is the most fun car I've ever owned. I would not recommend the cheap 300 though. The whole experience is so much better when you get it for 40k instead of 20 whatever. It's a great ride, the Hemi is great, the nav. system is never wrong, I love this car and don't know what I'd rather drive! Sweet ride

Best car experience we've ever had
By Hemi Beauty on 06/03/07 04:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We researched this vehicle extensively before buying and it has lived up to our expectations. It is very comfortable to drive long distances which we do and for highway driving gas consumption is reasonable. The power of the Hemi engine is fabulous for passing or to get away from tail-gaters. The Boston Acoustic sound system makes plain sitting in the car to listen to music a new use for the family car. Operational reliability has been excellent with no mechanical problems. Original tire wear has been excessive but tires have been replaced with higher wear rating ones. The car looks great and we still enjoy owning and using it after nearly three years.

Chrysler 300C 5.7 Hemi MDS
By Jim on 05/19/07 07:44 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Fun to drive on a long trip. Great power with good gas mileage. Very good handling. No problems with vehicle after 34,000 miles.

Vrroooom!
By Philip on 05/05/07 21:19 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

MOPAR or no car, my 300C has been a terrific car. Great power, superb ride, beautiful looks. Had one issue early on with o-rings in the transmission cooler line, but that was fixed under warranty. That's what I get for power braking! No problems since other than a minor electrical problem with the passenger side rear view not returning from curb view when coming out of reverse.

Still love the 300
By 300 Touring on 04/29/07 14:40 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this car for three years. Had a rear speaker and a key replaced under warranty. I paid to have a broken visor clip put in. Other than this, its been normal maintenance and new tires. This has been a great car!

Sad 300C
By Sad300C on 04/15/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

We have had so many problems with our 2005 300C. I have been buying Chrysler and Dodge products all my life, up to this point I really have not had a problem. It is disapointing to see that Chrysler will not stand behind thier product when they make a bad one. The transmission slips when is it cold, the steering is dangerously stiff when cold. And the best is the rough idle, the dealer acknowleges there is a rough idle problem but states "since there is no trouble code they can not fix it, Chrysler won't allow us to tear into it with out knowing what is wrong with it". Can you say oxymoron. I am so disapointed. I am looking at Nissan and Toyota. This really hurts because I am a UAW employee.