Used 2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:

300 touring
By outwest

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a used car that was as good as a 04 Dodge ram diesel, in power mpg, I didn't want another repeat of the durango, then we had the p t cruiser, that tin box would be o k, if we stayed in the city, but on the road I did not like the risk, first I was surprised about this design on the 05 300, then I looked up the specs, better economy/power then the p t we had, and a real car, for a change, we installed yakohama h rated 215/65/17 tires and it is important to note the h rating, for the pure fact the car handles very well with these tires we bought the extended warranty , 23.6 mpg, however I was not driving with a steady foot, finally a real car true road car ,

tilt telescopic ,handling , and oh the power ,and m p g is very good ,

no transmission dipstick ,hey chrysler were you smoking meth,coke,mar, how nasty of you ,a job to do the plugs, i can't wait to see what you put me through to do the timing belt ,

My 300 T
By CHRYSLERS 300

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one of best I every had, If not the best. No new parts or trouble just a set of tires in three years. Fun to drive and good mileage.

None

None

Eye Catcher
By Art

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi folks,I have a 2005 chrysler 300 base and Im suprised hearing some of the bad reviews about the base model.I read where people said it dont have power and thats not true it has more than a person needs plus great on gas. Only the people who are speed crazy would think that.Also some say its interior is cheap which is not true people who see it loves it.I see many 300s for sale with torn leather.Also people knock the steel wheels with hubcaps on them.Nothing wrong with that at least a person can change the hubcaps at a fair price whenever they want to while other owners are stuck with high priced wheels.I have friends who have the touring model and mine is more eye cathing.

One of the best cars I've ever owned
By LarryC

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A car hasn't made me feel so good since my Trans Am in 1979. Other than scheduled maintenance, the car has never been in the shop. With 20" chrome wheels and low profile tires, the car still looks fresh and brand new.

The handling and the chopped look of the roof line.

Not a one.

Problems Problems
By Sameer Sinha

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as second owner with 32,000 miles 8yr/80000 Pt warranty and 3 month 3000 bumber to bumber. I have visor clips break, Trunk release break, Lighter switch break. Suspension is noisy with loud Thuds, Brake is noisy with sqeeks, underbody rattle, steering hardens in clod temperature, Cruise control failure, steering system wearing and all this in 13 months or by 65000 miles. The car is too low to bump the speed bumps in shopping mall parking lots. Speakers are poor quality with sound distortion at 40% volume. REar wheel is terrible to handle in winter with snow, my first and last experience.

Space, Gas mileage

Increase overal experience by improving reliability of all systems steering, suspension, powertrain etc.