2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Consumer Reviews 2

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 300 model:
rocker panel
By mary L. Robinson on 10/24/09 18:22 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

love car, but have had some unusual problems, like the rocker panel dropping off. Has anyone else had thia problem? Had to replace brake rotors and pads at a cost of 743.00 at 22000 miles . Brakes still squeaking, even when I'm not braking. Just had to have suspension work done that cost me 1100.00 and replacement of rocker panel me 389.00. all of this on a car with 49000.00 and also a new set of tires. the originals were so worn.

very dissaified owner of a 300 limited
By joe on 10/02/09 15:37 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i bought my 300 limited new 2005 first problem the left back and quarter panel primer was showing through the paint took car back to dealer car was repaired. At 49000 miles car would smoke out the exhaust when started after setting over night using almost 2 quarts of oil in 2000 miles seals around valve stems were shot 1500 dollar repair bill. I have traded this vehicle no more chrysler card or truck in this household.

My 300C
By Tony on 08/26/09 09:20 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan C Rwd 4dr Sedan (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car, most fun driving it than any car I've owned in over 40 years (including an early 60's T-Bird and a '67 Cougar). After 4 years with this car I still get lots of looks and comments about the style. Wife won't even let me consider buying another car. Car is comfortable to ride in, and has more legroom than a friend's Lexus.

A Dream
By GooseLyne on 08/17/09 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Sole owner from 3 miles to recently rolling over 145000. Five years of ownership and all I have replaced is a EGR Valve last May and a rear speaker that I blew out myself. To compare this car to a Audi or Honda or Toyota is a huge mistake. They have no where near the same in-cab room and feeling of comfort on the surface of the road. The low-long body allows for tight turns and an excellent grab on the pavement. The small V6 is well enough for highway and in-town acceleration. There is no other car (under 30000 dollars) on the market with an average MPG of 25 to 28 and a presence on the road of captivating aesthetics and size that can swallow similarly priced sedans.

300 touring
By outwest on 07/26/09 22:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a used car that was as good as a 04 Dodge ram diesel, in power mpg, I didn't want another repeat of the durango, then we had the p t cruiser, that tin box would be o k, if we stayed in the city, but on the road I did not like the risk, first I was surprised about this design on the 05 300, then I looked up the specs, better economy/power then the p t we had, and a real car, for a change, we installed yakohama h rated 215/65/17 tires and it is important to note the h rating, for the pure fact the car handles very well with these tires we bought the extended warranty , 23.6 mpg, however I was not driving with a steady foot, finally a real car true road car ,

My 300 T
By CHRYSLERS 300 on 07/24/09 11:54 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is one of best I every had, If not the best. No new parts or trouble just a set of tires in three years. Fun to drive and good mileage.

Eye Catcher
By Art on 06/05/09 16:26 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi folks,I have a 2005 chrysler 300 base and Im suprised hearing some of the bad reviews about the base model.I read where people said it dont have power and thats not true it has more than a person needs plus great on gas. Only the people who are speed crazy would think that.Also some say its interior is cheap which is not true people who see it loves it.I see many 300s for sale with torn leather.Also people knock the steel wheels with hubcaps on them.Nothing wrong with that at least a person can change the hubcaps at a fair price whenever they want to while other owners are stuck with high priced wheels.I have friends who have the touring model and mine is more eye cathing.

One of the best cars I've ever owned
By LarryC on 04/02/09 21:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

A car hasn't made me feel so good since my Trans Am in 1979. Other than scheduled maintenance, the car has never been in the shop. With 20" chrome wheels and low profile tires, the car still looks fresh and brand new.

Problems Problems
By Sameer Sinha on 03/13/09 08:06 AM (PDT)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Rwd 4dr Sedan (2.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car as second owner with 32,000 miles 8yr/80000 Pt warranty and 3 month 3000 bumber to bumber. I have visor clips break, Trunk release break, Lighter switch break. Suspension is noisy with loud Thuds, Brake is noisy with sqeeks, underbody rattle, steering hardens in clod temperature, Cruise control failure, steering system wearing and all this in 13 months or by 65000 miles. The car is too low to bump the speed bumps in shopping mall parking lots. Speakers are poor quality with sound distortion at 40% volume. REar wheel is terrible to handle in winter with snow, my first and last experience.

Problems with my 300
By charles lewis on 02/23/09 19:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chrysler 300 Sedan Touring Rwd 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Mileage 183,000. Engine is shot, it has a broken wrist pin. Gas gauge broken, had to replace rotors every 40,000 miles, suspension has gotten weak, car sways a lot. I am having to replace the engine, total cost: $4,200. I am not a happy camper. Period. I loved this car, hope to have put 250,000 miles on it. It did not happen! Running lights are always getting hit with debris and going out