Used 2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8

SRT-8 6.1L V8 5-speed Automatic - (14 reviews )

Awesome ! High perfomance car!
By Gmedina

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 Rwd 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I just bought an 05 300 C SRT 8 and I'm loving this car! it reminded me of my prime time when I used to have a 77 Trans Am ! I never taught I would see another car like that 77 (performance and handling ...even looks)and this SRT 8 really exceeded my expectations.

Greatest Vehicle Ever Driven
By J.D. Ray

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 Rwd 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven over 500,000 miles in the past 40 years either professionally or for travel and pleasure. That involves many types and makes of vehicles both domestic and foreign and includes luxury cars in both categories. With this experience as a basis I can say that this vehicle is one of the finest examples of automotive engineering I have ever driven! And based on the cost factor versus the finished product it could very well be the finest vehicle ever manufactured. Needless to say we are extremely pleased with this motor car. We have experienced the same responses from those that see it as some of the other reviews. People love it!

Obviously the power of the Hemi engine is a huge factor. I don't drive fast but love the instant throttle response necessary at times in todays age of errant and careless drivers. The firm but smooth ride is perfectly balanced. Long motor trips are just plain fun and never tiring.

Might lower the wind heights a little as arm out the window is a little to elevated, especially when trying to get mail out of a road side box. Might add a increasing sound level beep to the back up sensor. When it activates with sound its almost to late to stop when backing.

SRT8 300C
By Mike

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 Rwd 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

I love this car. Its by far the fastest car I ever had. It has every option. Everything works fine. The main problem I had is with the front spoiler it was so low that I went over the parking block at the gas station OK but when I backed up it pulled the whole front end off. It cost me $1500.00 to fix it, I then did it again at the bank so I took it off and it fine now.

The power and breaking.

Make front in better.

love it but!!!
By marlene

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 Rwd 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

This car is awesome but it tends to pull to the right. I have had it in the shop and have been told there is nothing more to do. I took it somewhere else and they fixed it but it is starting to pull again. The style is beautiful. People look all the time. It really moves and handles well except for the pulling. I was told it is due to the hemi. Makes no sense to me. Beautiful classy car.

navigato stero syste but most of all the body is gorgeous!

vision- rear view mirror seems to be in the way of your front view.

my last car 2006 hemi
By fred

2005 Chrysler 300 SRT-8 SRT-8 Rwd 4dr Sedan (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

luxury feel very fast on pick up. steers tight roomy yet it holds you in seat feels like a mercedes.

auto windsheild wipers heavier the rain the faster they go. super feature.wheel and seat goes back to get out of the way to exit.great for big guys.back up beeper. 8 to 4 cyl when cruising

cruise control "on" light should be more visable can't figure where wiper are set ie auto or manual. horn hard to locate to press sweet spot needs to be larger area