2013 Chrysler 200 2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A decent car

2013 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Review

2013 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

A decent car
By robcat20 on

2013 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded in my 2009 Ford Taurus SEL for a 2013 Chrysler 200 S Touring Sedan today. My first impression is overall positive. I have never owned a 4 cylinder engine before, and I am noticing a huge difference in power and speed. I brake tested the car by slamming the brakes at 45 mph. The vehicle did not loose control, but the stopping distance was sluggish. The vehicle is no comparison to the new Ford Fusion or some others in its mid-sized segment, but the overall value is far superior. I chose to save money and go for the chrysler. The interior is comfy and spacious which was a concern since I am a large guy and I traded in a much larger vehicle.

Favorite Features

The S package is sharp looking, the rims are tasteful and the goodyear tires are very nice. I am having the "IMPORTED FROM DETROIT" removed from the front windshield, mostly because I am not a teenager and I find that tacky. I thought that I would really miss Ford's SYNC technology, but the VR system with Chrysler seems to be very similar. The gas mileage is outstanding thus far. I have a 4 year old daughter, and her booster seat fit very nicely in the back seat. The trunk is about half the size of the Taurus', but big enough for a couple golf bags. My first impression is positive, and as of now, I have no buyers remorse.

Suggested Improvements

better tech, more power