Used 2013 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 14 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Chrysler 200

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Going on 3 yrs owning
By Matt Maloney

2013 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought this car used from Armory Garage in Albany NY as a certified pre owned with 14,500 miles and paid $14,800. It was previously a fleet vehicle, so there were a few minor scratches. The dealer buffed out the car best they could, but I knew what I was getting considering what I paid for the car. I'm 5'6" so this car fits me pretty good. It's quite peppy and accelerates excellently. This car, V6, is quicker than the Camry and Honda sedan in my opinion. It's performance is fairly decent. I've owned the car for almost 2.5 years now and put about 30k miles on it. There's been no repairs necessary to date mechanically speaking. I did have the front hood replaced under warranty as it was beginning to bubble near the front. I think the car was in an accident (and the fact hidden from me) thus the bubbling edges on the hood and low price I got it for it, but the body guy told me he's seen it on others as well. The other clue was the gap between the hood and grill vary from one side to the other. I drove this car from NY to FL and back and it did not let me down.

Pros:

Acceleration, handling, easy to maneuver and park in the city, getting up to speed entering highways, stylish looking enough.

Cons:

Rotors. The rotors had to be replaced at 18k miles due to shaking when braking downhill, and now at 44k the pads and rotors are almost due again. The warped rotors first time around could have been a result from the car being a rental prev.

Only 2 ports for charging/plug in gps . (Touring Model)

Blind spot. This car seems to have more of a blind spot than other cars I've driven. Extra caution must be used when changing lanes.

Automatic gear selection. At times it seems the car chooses a lower gear than I would like when going up an incline, it tends to bog a bit. A quick step on the gas solves that problem downshifting the vehicle and delivering more than enough torque. (Or slap shift is available as well). Slowing down to an almost stop will occasionally make the transmission slam between 1st and 2nd gear, but no worries.

Trunk Space. The trunk is smaller than most. I couldn't fit a snow shovel in it so it had to go in the back seat area.

Seats. The cloth seems cheap but nothing a cover won't solve. They are comfortable enough and the power seat makes enough positions for most.

Key fob. Losing this key will cost you almost $400, but I guess that's on par with other makes and models.

Overall: I like this car. It's quick for a middle of the road sedan, unassuming looking from a police pull over point of view, and has been reliable to date. From other reviews of the next generation of 200's, I would keep this before trading up to the newer versions.

Fun To Drive With V-6
By Dale

2013 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Of all the cars I've ever owned, I would say this is this funnest car I've purchased, and like my 1987 Chrysler Fifth Avenue I had 16 years ago, this is a car I like to be in. I have a 2002 Chrysler Sebring, which I'm selling and I do consider the 2013 200 a big step up in both quality and performance, although there is noticeably less interior space in the 200 versus my Sebring, which I believe is due to the seats having more cushioning and additional airbags within the cabin. I do like this version of the 200 over the current new version. My Sebring had the 2.7 V-6, while my 200 has the 3.6. Fuel mileage is better on the freeway with the 200, but I do get less mileage in town than I did with my Sebring. Once in a while I do get some torque steer if I happen to have more of a lead foot than normal, but other than that the steering is responsive and tight. I do wish I could raise the steering wheel just a tad more than what is allowed, because it's a tighter squeeze when I have to wear steel toe boots for work and the leg room in the rear is very tight, though I rarely have rear seat passengers.

Very Impressed & Pleased with my 2013 Chrysler 200
By Patricia

2013 Chrysler 200 S 2dr Convertible (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Purchased this car Sept 19th.2015,,,,,first of all, I never knew what it really had til after the first week. when I saw the car it was love at first site. sunroof leather all pwr everything. baby blue, new tires, 35,000plus miles. 3.6 v6l engine, etc...interior leather is awesome with heated seats both driver and passenger. the stereo system is boom box fantastic. the tires are new, but they keep reading differently. I'm guessing it could be the weather or condition of the roads. the gas is about 19 mpg city, and 22 hwy. its not bad, the a/c works great. the sunroof is fun. the trunk space is pretty big. If you have sorta big feet it can hit the hood release easy,,, but okay here it is. it rained on Monday,and I barely went threw a puddle going about 40. it scared the life out of me. my steering wheel went back and forth like crazy sideways with the puddle. gotta stay away from that for safety!!! but i'm In Vegas hardly ever rains! in 5yrs,i'll be giving this car to my daughter for school if she keeps good grades!!! You wont be sorry for this purchase that's for sure,,,enjoy!!!!

Not a bad deal on a fun car
By petworthian

2013 Chrysler 200 Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a leftover 2013 Touring convertible with the 3.6-litre engine in February 2015 for a great price. I only have 2000 miles on it, so I can't comment on reliability. The powertrain is a gem - the Pentastar V6 is smooth and powerful and emits a nice thrum when accelerating, and the 6-speed transmission eagerly serves up downshifts. Fuel economy is so-so - 16 MPG around town and 29-30 MPG on a trip. The interior is impressively quiet with the soft top up - as quiet as many conventional sedans I've driven. My only complaint is the front seating - the lumbar bulge is much too big and much too high, which means I have to recline the seat, and the leg room is a bit skimpy for tall drivers.

Sexy styling. Attractive interior. Large trunk (for a convertible). Quiet with the top up. Smooth and powerful V6. Usable back seat. Practical as an only car.

Fuel economy could be better, especially around town. Front seat backs need a redesign - I have to recline the seat quite a bit to avoid a backache. A little more reach to the pedals would be nice, and it would be nice if the telescoping steering wheel extended further back. Because much of the convertible top mechanism is in the trunk lid that lid is very heavy to open.

Nice quality car
By carlous1

2013 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I got my 200 last year after doing the same research many of you are doing now. Reviews overall said that it was a good car, although some outlined some bad things. Everyone will have a different opinion. My opinion is a positive one. I used to have a 2008 chevy malibu, and this was an upgrade. Its fairly good on gas,( i drive a lot). i have an all black one, so the looks is sleek and nice. I haven't had to do anything to it outside of regular maintenance such as oil changes etc. i love it. Good quality and value.

appearance and reliability