2012 Chrysler 200 Consumer Review: worst fuel mileage ever

2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Review

Touring Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

worst fuel mileage ever
By bighosea on

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car for the fuel mileage and we are getting lousy fuel mileage. we took a trip and went 7,ooo miles and we are getting only 21 to 25.!!!!! And they told us it would get 31 to 37 on highway and we are _not getting that at all!!!!!!!! we would sale this car for $17,000 and buy a chevrolet some one that stands behind there cars!!!!!!!!!!!! they would do nothing about the fuel milage bighosea do not buy a chrysler no good 417,000 and buy a chevrolet!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

fit the fuel miles and say what it will do do not lie about it.....
By sephren
on 09/05/12 12:22 PM (PDT)

My 2010 Ford Taurus, which is a significantly larger car than the 200 (heavier too) gets me an average MPG of about 25 and I've gotten a touch over 30 on the highway...I am looking at the 2013 Chrysler 200 as my next business car and if I get 25 to 27 average I'll be happy as that mileage out of 283 HP is not bad at all. The guy above must have a heavy right foot!

By kjawbb
on 06/11/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

I bought my 2012 200 used at the end of March, and promptly planned a road trip to see my son and family in Virginia! I had approximately 32,000 miles on it when I bought it. I got WONDERFUL fuel mileage!! Anywhere from 27 to 31 MPG. I live in Maine, drove to Virginia down I-95 so traffic in NYC and DC lowered it, I'm sure. But I love my fuel mileage!!!