Too many problems for a new car
By asalyer1 on
2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I purchased my Chrysler 200 in January 2012 it was my first new car purchase. I have to say I've had fewer problems with the used cars I've owned. My 200 currently has just over 30,000 miles my first service visit was right after I purchased it my key fob didn't work right you had to be within 5 feet of the car and press the button sometimes multiple times it turned out to be a lose coupler I had to take it in 3 times to get that fixed. Next was some nylon string unraveling from bellow the steering wheel. Then I had a knocking in the steering colum that has been fixed multiple times and lastly I just had the heater core and the radiator replaced due to heater failure!
Favorite Features
I think the interior design is really good all of the plastics are soft and inviting they have a higher quality feel. The sound system I have is Boston and it sounds amazing! The acceleration is pretty decent sometimes you have to step on it just right but when you do it will go! The engine feels powerful. I believe that chrysler did a really good job with handling and ride quality there is very little road noise too... the navigation is a bit confusing but its there I like it, but most of the time I use my iPhone anyways it seems easier to get the info put in.
Suggested Improvements
quality! quality! quality! their is no reason a brand new car should have had to have been for service for as many things as I have been in for! This review didn't leave enough characters for me to describe all the issues it has had... thats sad!
By deftdrummer
on 07/07/13 09:26 AM (PDT)

I agree, this car is garbage. I got one as a rental (I know most are "beat" by previous owners) but this thing has problems from the get go that I noticed just from a design standpoint. First, I had the 2012 4cyl version in automatic. This thing is SLOW. And by slow people I mean it. I have a 2010 Kia Soul in manual back home and compared to the Chrysler it's a race car. Next, there's little niggles little things like no bluetooth in the base model. The steering wheel also sucks in this car as it's too slippery for one handed operation in tight space. I'm I'm a tall person at 6'4" and this car was uncomfortable for me. Despite being a 4door, there was just no room for my legs in the furthest position. Stereo is good, I will give it that. Buttons on the back of the steering wheel are not for sport shifting, they just change the radio and other garbage settings. Maybe I had it on the wrong function. Lastly, just as I had merged on the FWY to return my rental at the airport, I noticed the engine was too loud and checked the tach. IT WAS RED LINING AT 7,000 in first gear. In short, my tranny just stopped working (I was in Reno in 100F heat) and I had to limp the car back to the airport on surface streets. For my money, my Kia Soul runs circles around this car in every way. The blasted keys were huge too and didn't fit in my pocket well. Everything about this car is dismal.