2012 Chrysler 200 Consumer Review: Ok for the price but beware.

2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Review

2012 Chrysler 200

Limited Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Ok for the price but beware.
By jamcas2 on

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car was bought in Jan of 2012. Since then I have kept the car well maintained. Having an oil leak I thought the people that did my oil changes messed up the oil plug. It turned out to be the engine oil seal. The dealership told me this is a common problem. Also at 26K miles my tires went bad. For this car being able to get tires with warranty at 100K miles this is bad. I was told the tires were not balanced. They were factory tires but are not covered. Also make sure you check your alignment often as this destroyed my front tires. I can now see the quality difference between Chrysler and Toyota. I owned my Toyota Corolla for 8 years no problem. Can not say the same about my Chrysler.

The Boston Acoustics stereo is the best stereo I own and I am a theater sound freak. Lots of great options for the price of the car. Power windows, leather (high quality), blue tooth phone connection, DVD video, power seats, cruise control, paddle and automatic shifting, LED lights, day time running lights, and light night detection. I added a sub-woofer and it honestly was not really needed. Huge trunk space. Great for a family with two kids.

Seating could be more comfortable. More quality control on tire install. Fix the common oil pan seal leak problem. Get new brake system, the common problem of break disks glazing over causing it to squeal making me look like I can not afford to replace my breaks is ridiculous. Study and learn from Toyota, I should not have so many problems in two years with a well kept car.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review