2012 Chrysler 200 Consumer Review: Nice, but depends on your pref

2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Review

Touring Sedan (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

Nice, but depends on your preference
By tman24 on

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the car for a year now, and mine has 26k on it. I like the design and standard features of the car(especially for $18k). I haven't had any real problems with it, and it still drives like it did when I got it. I will say that the transmission is rough, but I am a car person, so I looked up the gear ratios and noticed how far apart they are from first to second gear and that seems to be the reason. This should only affect the 4cyl because of its lower power. My fiance' has a 4cyl toyota corolla which does the same thing, so I think it is normal. I would have rather gotten the v6 for the power, but everything else is good.

features(heated mirrors, temp a/c heating, hard drive for music, heated seats, etc) , the way it drives is very smooth.

4 speed transmission is likely better(though worse mpg), it shifts to much(3 between 0 and 15mph). More power for the 4cyl(may just be me)