2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:
Chrysler 200 - Strong Performer
By vegeta_hair on 06/25/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Chrysler 200 limited and I couldn't be more pleased. The deep auburn pearl paint job, 18 inch rims, and chrome accents makes this car look and feel like a high end car. The interior is very impressive. Its loaded with features, but somehow maintains a simple and elegant look (not into cars that look like the cockpit of a fighter plane). Being someone who spends a lot of time in the car, this is much appreciated. I owned a 300M prior (which was a great car) and then went to a Ford. Now that I am back in a Chrysler I will more then likely never go back to another auto company. Great car! Great value!

Poor fit and finish
By bradleyb2 on 06/14/12 20:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200 touring three weeks ago and took it back to the dealer and traded it off. The car needed to have its door taken apart to replace the seals around te doors. Back windows leaked likea waterfall. Called Chrysler and they were no help. I did like Chrysler products but no so sure now. Especially since they don't seem to care about their customers. BEWARE!

More bang for the buck than any other mid-sized
By torch1342 on 05/27/12 09:40 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I own a 2012 Touring model with the 3.6 Pentastar, 430n touchscreen radio and sunroof. I looked at and researched mid-sized cars for 3 months before I decided on the 200. I liked the exterior looks of the malibu, but the interior seemed dated and the 2.4l engine was too underpowered for my taste. I finally decided on the 200 for two reasons, the 3.6l Pentastar is amazing 29mpg with 283HP. It is very quiet and docile at low throttle, but give it some gas and it feels like a rockestship! This engine is an absolute joy. The second reason was price, I walked out of the dealership at $20200.00 after all rebates and negotiations.

New Chrysler fan :)
By scottporras on 05/16/12 11:57 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Got this car brand new (Blackberry Pearl on black interior with 17 miles) little over a month ago after getting in an accident in my Cadillac Eldorado, and have had zero problems, im very impressed! Gets good mileage (30-35 mpg hwy at 70-75 mph), comfrotable, with pretty good quality. I think its a great new gen Chrysler vehicle for anyone. Has a surprisingly sporty feel to the suspension, hugs corners very well and feels pretty flat in the process, but soft and absorbing at the same time. Very nice interior with a majority of it soft-touch materials, gets lots of compliments from passangers. I4 engine feels pretty crude, opt for V6. As driving enthusiast I find it fun to drive.

200 Touring with V6 option / Great Car!
By ldw6559 on 05/04/12 13:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Didn't expect to end up with this car but glad I did. Black on Black color is just plain sexy. Only had it for 2 weeks and I'm surprised at just how many people want to see it, and the positive comments I get. Great power, handling is awsome as long as you don't floor it, the car does have a fair amount of torque steering and I have really never got on it hard. Gas milage is above what Chryler says as I am averaging 31-32 miles per gallon with about 80-20 highway to city driving, but I do sit in long lines going and coming from work that avg. about 15minutes each way in stopped and very slow driving. Comfortable and quiet, with good F&F on par with this segment.

Great Car...Great Value
By gerard56 on 05/03/12 11:36 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited with about 3,200 miles on it. This car is a great value, loaded with features, including a great V6 engine and a quiet interior. Smooth ride, great fit and finish. Beautiful cherry red paint. I love the UConnect radio/phone. I learn something new about it every time I'm in the car. Easy to learn to operate with steering wheel controls. Great sound system. I would strongly recommend this car because of the value and what seems to be great quality.

A Pleasant Surprise
By jce4 on 04/17/12 19:29 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When I started my search for a new car I was pretty sure I would end up with an Optima or Sonata. I had set my budget at 25K out the door (tax and tags included). I also made up my mind that I would drive all the comparable makes & models before I made a decision. The Chrysler 200 was not even on my list until I had driven the Optima and Sonata, found that I was not happy with the standard 2.4 liter engine and the 274hp turbo would not fit in my budget. It was the 3.6L V-6 that made me try the 200S. To my surprise it was the quickest, quietest and best handling of the bunch and it had the media center, etc. Price w/rebates? 21,510. Can't beat that - truly fun to drive.

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring with V6 Engine
By krysti on 03/21/12 20:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just bought this car a few days ago, and I really like it. The V6 is very quick and the car looks good. The seats are very comfy and I love the blue tooth "UCONNECT" The con to this car is the speakers and electronics. The speakers aren't great unless you get the Boston Acoustics System (extra money) So I plan to buy speakers elsewhere and upgrade. My mother has the 200 S Convertible with leather seats and premium sound system and its amazing. I couldn't afford something that nice so I went with the $8,000+ less model haha. But really give this a test drive if you are thinking about it

Great ride, Great value
By jlatta on 03/06/12 11:28 AM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I just bought my 2012 200 Limited yesterday and so far I am loving it. After test driving several I opted for the v6 over the 4 cylinder. That 283 hp is just hard to resist. If this car holds up over time, Toyota may have a serious competitor on their hands again from an American manufacturer. My wife is already wanting me to drive her Avalon so she can drive the 200. Fun Ride. Buy American.

Brand New 2012 Chrysler 200 S
By 6th_mopar on 02/27/12 19:50 PM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Just picked up my 200 S this afternoon. Power from Pentastar 3.6 V-6 is very good. Slight torque steer as noted in a few other columns, but about the same as in a Honda or Toyota. Navigation and sound system is superb. Proud to have bought and am driving my 6th American Mopar product. (75 Duster, 97 Cirrus, 01 Concorde, 02 Intrepid, 06 300). More to come after I get this one broken in. Initial impression is very good. Glad I test drove it and bought it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan in VA is:

$146 per month*