Used 2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 30 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Too many problems to be this new
By Brocenter

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2012 Chrysler 200. I have had it for 2.5 years. I purchased the extended warranties thank goodness. The heater core went out on the passenger side a year after I purchased the car. I also had a recall done on the drivers side head rest in 2014. In 2016 while driving home the drivers side head rest deployed hitting me in the back of the head VERY hard while driving. I'm lucky it didn't knock me out. All I wanted was my car fixed and Chrysler has sent their person over and did a review and sent me a letter stating it was nothing they did on their part. So of course now I have my attorney involved. I could have went to the doctor and built up a million in doctor bills because I know I have neck damage and it's causing issues with my arms but I just wanted my car fixed. I really like my car, but it only has 69K miles on it and it should not be having these issues. It handled really poorly when I first got it but I put good Toyo tires on it and now it handles great. I hope they don't make a huge fight out of this because I really want to keep my car but I will get rid of it and never by Chrysler again if they don't take responsibility.

Stuck with this for a few months
By Fred Theoalagan

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Have a Chrysler 200 that was rented for me for a few months. Had it one week and already hate it. Transmission is annoying. Feels like something is wrong with car but apparently there isn't, was just told that's what the car does. They have a fleet and they all do the same thing, I was told. It makes it feel like I am constantly making small acceleration/deceleration changes but I am not. Very uncomfortable when driven more than a few miles. Rides is bad but can't tell if its the transmission or suspension. Layout of and type of controls is nothing short of goofy. The shift control is a knob right near all the radio knob controls, making it easy to reach for the wrong one. Plus counterintuitive controls so it is uncomfortable to use. Emergency Brake is electric. Seems entire car is dependent on a computer for all controls so, nothing manual. Hate to know what would happen if the car's decided to accelerate on its own. There would be no manual control to intervene. If you are six feet or taller your head will rub against the ceiling in the back seat. Does look nice though...

no heat no repete
By adam

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

heat on passengers side quit at 50,000 miles chrysler won't fix but will for $1000.00

something is wrong with this picture
By karen wyant

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Right now four of us who own a 2012 chrysler 200 are having to have a heater core put in as no heat on passenger side and does not defrost on passenger side have been advised that cost is 6-800! Sounds like a recall problem but mechanic says that is normal for a chrysler 200!

Great Car
By Terrence M Healy

2012 Chrysler 200 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This has a Hyundai 2.4 Liter 4 cylinder Really good motor and a Hyundai 6 speed transmission. Run synthetic, do the maintenance and this car will go 400k