Used 2012 Chrysler 200 Limited Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Ok for the price but beware.
By jamcas2

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car was bought in Jan of 2012. Since then I have kept the car well maintained. Having an oil leak I thought the people that did my oil changes messed up the oil plug. It turned out to be the engine oil seal. The dealership told me this is a common problem. Also at 26K miles my tires went bad. For this car being able to get tires with warranty at 100K miles this is bad. I was told the tires were not balanced. They were factory tires but are not covered. Also make sure you check your alignment often as this destroyed my front tires. I can now see the quality difference between Chrysler and Toyota. I owned my Toyota Corolla for 8 years no problem. Can not say the same about my Chrysler.

Favorite Features

The Boston Acoustics stereo is the best stereo I own and I am a theater sound freak. Lots of great options for the price of the car. Power windows, leather (high quality), blue tooth phone connection, DVD video, power seats, cruise control, paddle and automatic shifting, LED lights, day time running lights, and light night detection. I added a sub-woofer and it honestly was not really needed. Huge trunk space. Great for a family with two kids.

Suggested Improvements

Seating could be more comfortable. More quality control on tire install. Fix the common oil pan seal leak problem. Get new brake system, the common problem of break disks glazing over causing it to squeal making me look like I can not afford to replace my breaks is ridiculous. Study and learn from Toyota, I should not have so many problems in two years with a well kept car.

Too many problems for a new car
By asalyer1

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Chrysler 200 in January 2012 it was my first new car purchase. I have to say I've had fewer problems with the used cars I've owned. My 200 currently has just over 30,000 miles my first service visit was right after I purchased it my key fob didn't work right you had to be within 5 feet of the car and press the button sometimes multiple times it turned out to be a lose coupler I had to take it in 3 times to get that fixed. Next was some nylon string unraveling from bellow the steering wheel. Then I had a knocking in the steering colum that has been fixed multiple times and lastly I just had the heater core and the radiator replaced due to heater failure!

Favorite Features

I think the interior design is really good all of the plastics are soft and inviting they have a higher quality feel. The sound system I have is Boston and it sounds amazing! The acceleration is pretty decent sometimes you have to step on it just right but when you do it will go! The engine feels powerful. I believe that chrysler did a really good job with handling and ride quality there is very little road noise too... the navigation is a bit confusing but its there I like it, but most of the time I use my iPhone anyways it seems easier to get the info put in.

Suggested Improvements

quality! quality! quality! their is no reason a brand new car should have had to have been for service for as many things as I have been in for! This review didn't leave enough characters for me to describe all the issues it has had... thats sad!

Excellent Value
By charniw

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving an Oldsmobile Aurora (still my favorite car of all time) for many years we purchased a Hyundai Sonata. I found I missed many of the comforts of the Aurora...climate control, sun roof, V6 engine, etc. While these options are available on other vehicles, the Chrysler 200 was priced far below the competition. This would not have been my first choice in cars, but after 13,000 miles I still have not found another car I would choose over this one (for the money). Overall - BEST VALUE. I do miss the super quiet Cadillac NorthStar engine and silky smooth automatic transmission in my Aurora, but what the heck, this car was half the price.

Favorite Features

Climate Control Built in Navigation Hands-Free calling Steering wheel radio controls Easy to change OIL filter Interior LED lighting USB ports

Suggested Improvements

The software and voice interface is horrible. I was told the navigation was Garmin, and if it is, they really screwed it up. I have a Garmin 660 that I have used and is just a pleasure to use. The interface on this car is PAINFUL, very difficult to navigate through menus, and many features just plain don't work. Also, the MAPS are keyed to the radio - so no free updates there. Except for the free one they sent me - but can't get installed! And, my old Garmin would do nice things like auto-zoom as you approached your destination. Why take away nice features like that? The actual hardware on the other hand seems to be very good. GPS works very well even within the city.

Limited with 3.6L V6
By fproctor

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this when after first looking at a VW Beetle. New styling of 200 is refreshing. Interior is classy in black. Lots of power with the V6; I expected there to be more torque steer during spirited driving with 283hp going to front wheels but the traction control keeps TS under control quite well. The mileage could be better but we bought anyways fully knowing what to expect. We traded in a 2010 VW Jetta TDI that had turbo lag the VW dealerships could not resolve.

Favorite Features

Styling, NAV + awesome sounding RHR stereo, HID headlights, heated leather seats

Suggested Improvements

- Leather seats (front and back) are not as comfortable as they could be. My 22 y/o daughter mentioned how uncomfotable the rear seats were after just 15 minutes riding in the back. - Dealer rep could have known more about the vehicle. I knew more about the car than she did and didnt see 200 in person till I was on the lot.

Chrysler 200 - Strong Performer
By vegeta_hair

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Chrysler 200 limited and I couldn't be more pleased. The deep auburn pearl paint job, 18 inch rims, and chrome accents makes this car look and feel like a high end car. The interior is very impressive. Its loaded with features, but somehow maintains a simple and elegant look (not into cars that look like the cockpit of a fighter plane). Being someone who spends a lot of time in the car, this is much appreciated. I owned a 300M prior (which was a great car) and then went to a Ford. Now that I am back in a Chrysler I will more then likely never go back to another auto company. Great car! Great value!

Favorite Features

Great exterior and interior styling, the price, and of course all the safety and technology features

Suggested Improvements

At this point, nothing. Right now my gas mileage is averaging 29 mpg with the 4-cylinder, so I am hoping to see a little improvement there.