2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:
Ok for the price but beware.
By jamcas2 on 05/23/14 07:13 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car was bought in Jan of 2012. Since then I have kept the car well maintained. Having an oil leak I thought the people that did my oil changes messed up the oil plug. It turned out to be the engine oil seal. The dealership told me this is a common problem. Also at 26K miles my tires went bad. For this car being able to get tires with warranty at 100K miles this is bad. I was told the tires were not balanced. They were factory tires but are not covered. Also make sure you check your alignment often as this destroyed my front tires. I can now see the quality difference between Chrysler and Toyota. I owned my Toyota Corolla for 8 years no problem. Can not say the same about my Chrysler.

Too many problems for a new car
By asalyer1 on 02/12/13 12:27 PM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Chrysler 200 in January 2012 it was my first new car purchase. I have to say I've had fewer problems with the used cars I've owned. My 200 currently has just over 30,000 miles my first service visit was right after I purchased it my key fob didn't work right you had to be within 5 feet of the car and press the button sometimes multiple times it turned out to be a lose coupler I had to take it in 3 times to get that fixed. Next was some nylon string unraveling from bellow the steering wheel. Then I had a knocking in the steering colum that has been fixed multiple times and lastly I just had the heater core and the radiator replaced due to heater failure!

Excellent Value
By charniw on 11/28/12 06:15 AM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving an Oldsmobile Aurora (still my favorite car of all time) for many years we purchased a Hyundai Sonata. I found I missed many of the comforts of the Aurora...climate control, sun roof, V6 engine, etc. While these options are available on other vehicles, the Chrysler 200 was priced far below the competition. This would not have been my first choice in cars, but after 13,000 miles I still have not found another car I would choose over this one (for the money). Overall - BEST VALUE. I do miss the super quiet Cadillac NorthStar engine and silky smooth automatic transmission in my Aurora, but what the heck, this car was half the price.

Limited with 3.6L V6
By fproctor on 08/09/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this when after first looking at a VW Beetle. New styling of 200 is refreshing. Interior is classy in black. Lots of power with the V6; I expected there to be more torque steer during spirited driving with 283hp going to front wheels but the traction control keeps TS under control quite well. The mileage could be better but we bought anyways fully knowing what to expect. We traded in a 2010 VW Jetta TDI that had turbo lag the VW dealerships could not resolve.

Chrysler 200 - Strong Performer
By vegeta_hair on 06/25/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Chrysler 200 limited and I couldn't be more pleased. The deep auburn pearl paint job, 18 inch rims, and chrome accents makes this car look and feel like a high end car. The interior is very impressive. Its loaded with features, but somehow maintains a simple and elegant look (not into cars that look like the cockpit of a fighter plane). Being someone who spends a lot of time in the car, this is much appreciated. I owned a 300M prior (which was a great car) and then went to a Ford. Now that I am back in a Chrysler I will more then likely never go back to another auto company. Great car! Great value!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chrysler 200 in VA is:

$150 per month*