Used 2012 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Love the car, hate the mpg.
By jcp03

2012 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

This car is beautiful inside and out. It is really, really fun to drive. I would say it is a cream puff. However, the part that is disappointing is the mileage. The mileage is terrible on this car. The very best we did on the highway was 22mpg. It seems like for a smaller car the mileage should be much better.

Favorite Features

This car has an incredibly smooth ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better mpg.

Ok for the price but beware.
By jamcas2

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My car was bought in Jan of 2012. Since then I have kept the car well maintained. Having an oil leak I thought the people that did my oil changes messed up the oil plug. It turned out to be the engine oil seal. The dealership told me this is a common problem. Also at 26K miles my tires went bad. For this car being able to get tires with warranty at 100K miles this is bad. I was told the tires were not balanced. They were factory tires but are not covered. Also make sure you check your alignment often as this destroyed my front tires. I can now see the quality difference between Chrysler and Toyota. I owned my Toyota Corolla for 8 years no problem. Can not say the same about my Chrysler.

Favorite Features

The Boston Acoustics stereo is the best stereo I own and I am a theater sound freak. Lots of great options for the price of the car. Power windows, leather (high quality), blue tooth phone connection, DVD video, power seats, cruise control, paddle and automatic shifting, LED lights, day time running lights, and light night detection. I added a sub-woofer and it honestly was not really needed. Huge trunk space. Great for a family with two kids.

Suggested Improvements

Seating could be more comfortable. More quality control on tire install. Fix the common oil pan seal leak problem. Get new brake system, the common problem of break disks glazing over causing it to squeal making me look like I can not afford to replace my breaks is ridiculous. Study and learn from Toyota, I should not have so many problems in two years with a well kept car.

fantastic car to drive
By pierre11

2012 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 months and love this car,s handling and options. The engine is fast and effortless when accelerating. Feels like i am driving a expensive sport car. The sound system and navigation is fantastic and easy to use. I store all my cd,s in the hard drive. they are all automatically filed in different categories in the hard drive. The sound is fantastic. Great car for the money. I am fully satisfied with this car. Traded in a Lexus es 330 and enjoy driving this car a lot more than my Lexus that I traded in.

Nice, but depends on your preference
By tman24

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the car for a year now, and mine has 26k on it. I like the design and standard features of the car(especially for $18k). I haven't had any real problems with it, and it still drives like it did when I got it. I will say that the transmission is rough, but I am a car person, so I looked up the gear ratios and noticed how far apart they are from first to second gear and that seems to be the reason. This should only affect the 4cyl because of its lower power. My fiance' has a 4cyl toyota corolla which does the same thing, so I think it is normal. I would have rather gotten the v6 for the power, but everything else is good.

Favorite Features

features(heated mirrors, temp a/c heating, hard drive for music, heated seats, etc) , the way it drives is very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

4 speed transmission is likely better(though worse mpg), it shifts to much(3 between 0 and 15mph). More power for the 4cyl(may just be me)

Too many problems for a new car
By asalyer1

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Chrysler 200 in January 2012 it was my first new car purchase. I have to say I've had fewer problems with the used cars I've owned. My 200 currently has just over 30,000 miles my first service visit was right after I purchased it my key fob didn't work right you had to be within 5 feet of the car and press the button sometimes multiple times it turned out to be a lose coupler I had to take it in 3 times to get that fixed. Next was some nylon string unraveling from bellow the steering wheel. Then I had a knocking in the steering colum that has been fixed multiple times and lastly I just had the heater core and the radiator replaced due to heater failure!

Favorite Features

I think the interior design is really good all of the plastics are soft and inviting they have a higher quality feel. The sound system I have is Boston and it sounds amazing! The acceleration is pretty decent sometimes you have to step on it just right but when you do it will go! The engine feels powerful. I believe that chrysler did a really good job with handling and ride quality there is very little road noise too... the navigation is a bit confusing but its there I like it, but most of the time I use my iPhone anyways it seems easier to get the info put in.

Suggested Improvements

quality! quality! quality! their is no reason a brand new car should have had to have been for service for as many things as I have been in for! This review didn't leave enough characters for me to describe all the issues it has had... thats sad!