2012 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:
fantastic car to drive
By pierre11 on 07/26/13 03:21 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have had this car for 2 months and love this car,s handling and options. The engine is fast and effortless when accelerating. Feels like i am driving a expensive sport car. The sound system and navigation is fantastic and easy to use. I store all my cd,s in the hard drive. they are all automatically filed in different categories in the hard drive. The sound is fantastic. Great car for the money. I am fully satisfied with this car. Traded in a Lexus es 330 and enjoy driving this car a lot more than my Lexus that I traded in.

Nice, but depends on your preference
By tman24 on 06/07/13 10:39 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had the car for a year now, and mine has 26k on it. I like the design and standard features of the car(especially for $18k). I haven't had any real problems with it, and it still drives like it did when I got it. I will say that the transmission is rough, but I am a car person, so I looked up the gear ratios and noticed how far apart they are from first to second gear and that seems to be the reason. This should only affect the 4cyl because of its lower power. My fiance' has a 4cyl toyota corolla which does the same thing, so I think it is normal. I would have rather gotten the v6 for the power, but everything else is good.

Too many problems for a new car
By asalyer1 on 02/12/13 12:27 PM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my Chrysler 200 in January 2012 it was my first new car purchase. I have to say I've had fewer problems with the used cars I've owned. My 200 currently has just over 30,000 miles my first service visit was right after I purchased it my key fob didn't work right you had to be within 5 feet of the car and press the button sometimes multiple times it turned out to be a lose coupler I had to take it in 3 times to get that fixed. Next was some nylon string unraveling from bellow the steering wheel. Then I had a knocking in the steering colum that has been fixed multiple times and lastly I just had the heater core and the radiator replaced due to heater failure!

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring Review
By qpat2004 on 01/11/13 07:42 AM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had mine for a week now. I was in a 2000 Buick LeSabre before this. I was looking for an easy transition and I found it in this car. I got the Touring model so I didn't get all the bells and whistles like heated seats, Uconnect, touch screen head unit, etc. Don't misinterpret, this care is loaded with many great features (listed below). The 200 rides very smoothly and is quiet for a very comfortable ride. It is also surprisingly roomy (even in backseat). I love the interior design with chrome accents. The exterior trim is classy and sporty at the same time which was exactly what I was looking for. I am getting the windows tinted next week to add to that.

Excellent Value
By charniw on 11/28/12 06:15 AM (PST)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After driving an Oldsmobile Aurora (still my favorite car of all time) for many years we purchased a Hyundai Sonata. I found I missed many of the comforts of the Aurora...climate control, sun roof, V6 engine, etc. While these options are available on other vehicles, the Chrysler 200 was priced far below the competition. This would not have been my first choice in cars, but after 13,000 miles I still have not found another car I would choose over this one (for the money). Overall - BEST VALUE. I do miss the super quiet Cadillac NorthStar engine and silky smooth automatic transmission in my Aurora, but what the heck, this car was half the price.

Kind of soon to tell, but love it so far!
By mkih on 09/06/12 14:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car has many things I wouldn't have thought of but now can't live without! Notable features include the comfort of driving it as a shorty. I'm about 5'3" and the seat raises up/down, the wheel goes in/out (as well as up/down) and the seat belt lowers to a comfy shoulder height. Great visibility when up high on the adj. seat. All of which can be changed for my taller husband (if I ever let him drive) It's fun to drive, sharp interior, 130 miles on it and used just over a 1/4 tank, great handling. Only issue is pulling to the right which I'm calling about today. Hope they're great about fixing it like they were about selling it! LOTS of car for the money. Great buying experience.

Limited with 3.6L V6
By fproctor on 08/09/12 10:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought this when after first looking at a VW Beetle. New styling of 200 is refreshing. Interior is classy in black. Lots of power with the V6; I expected there to be more torque steer during spirited driving with 283hp going to front wheels but the traction control keeps TS under control quite well. The mileage could be better but we bought anyways fully knowing what to expect. We traded in a 2010 VW Jetta TDI that had turbo lag the VW dealerships could not resolve.

worst fuel mileage ever
By bighosea on 08/06/12 09:55 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought the car for the fuel mileage and we are getting lousy fuel mileage. we took a trip and went 7,ooo miles and we are getting only 21 to 25.!!!!! And they told us it would get 31 to 37 on highway and we are _not getting that at all!!!!!!!! we would sale this car for $17,000 and buy a chevrolet some one that stands behind there cars!!!!!!!!!!!! they would do nothing about the fuel milage bighosea do not buy a chrysler no good 417,000 and buy a chevrolet!!!!!!

Chrysler 200 - Strong Performer
By vegeta_hair on 06/25/12 07:11 AM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I just picked up my Chrysler 200 limited and I couldn't be more pleased. The deep auburn pearl paint job, 18 inch rims, and chrome accents makes this car look and feel like a high end car. The interior is very impressive. Its loaded with features, but somehow maintains a simple and elegant look (not into cars that look like the cockpit of a fighter plane). Being someone who spends a lot of time in the car, this is much appreciated. I owned a 300M prior (which was a great car) and then went to a Ford. Now that I am back in a Chrysler I will more then likely never go back to another auto company. Great car! Great value!

Poor fit and finish
By bradleyb2 on 06/14/12 20:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased a 2012 Chrysler 200 touring three weeks ago and took it back to the dealer and traded it off. The car needed to have its door taken apart to replace the seals around te doors. Back windows leaked likea waterfall. Called Chrysler and they were no help. I did like Chrysler products but no so sure now. Especially since they don't seem to care about their customers. BEWARE!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Chrysler 200 in NJ is:

$244 per month*