What Chrysler Doesn't Tell You...
By ktaylorm on
2011 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Bought my 2011 200 Ltd. brand new and sadly from day one I have had a constant vibration from 50-70 mph, the front end sounds like its falling apart and the car cannot be aligned. The vehicle only has 27,000 and its had the front axle, brake caliber, struts, sway links and tires replaced. The dealership has done everything physically and mechanically possible and states "they cannot fix the car". Chrysler's response is these are characteristic of this car; funny I don't remember seeing that on the sticker or in my owner's manual. And the fun continues, as of yestserday, there's now a clunking in the steering column. And, Chrysler says this car doesn't meet the Lemon Law.
Favorite Features
I absolutely love my 200 and only have one request that Chrysler fix mine. The ride is fantastic; well, minus the vibration and the front end clunking - oh, and the the fact that you have to keep a hand on the left hand side of the steering wheel at all times to keep it on the road. At this point the only features I'm happy with is the look of the car - sporty, yet elegant. It does have a snappy response, which is nice but make sure you keep both hands on the wheel if your car cannot be aligned or you'll be off the road in the woods.
Suggested Improvements
I've purchase many Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles and have never been so disappointed. My suggestions are simple... build cars that don't have defects from day one and stop telling the consumer that they are 'characteristics' of the car - stand behind your products and if they're defective make it right. As a proud, hard working American I can honestly say that I won't buy another American made car... the only thing the bail out did was allow the auto industry to continue building junk and screwing American consumers.
By lourdes61
on 01/13/13 20:30 PM (PST)

I am so disappointed with my Chrysler 200, 2011. They replaced the rack ans pinion and the struts and the shock absorbers and the noise stays. Sound as a metal clanking. Starts after 10 minutes driving and wont stop until the car is parked and gets cold, so the problem whatever it is have to be related with component that get hot while driving. Cannot be part of the characteristic of the car because my car started to make the noise almost 2 month after I bought the unit.