Used 2011 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews - 46 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Middle front seat console
By arnold123

2011 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 with only 13,000 miles. While getting into the car I leaned on the center console. It totally shattered. The whole thing was made of plastic holding the console on. Chrysler told me that this was not a warranty item and I have to pay for it. I even bought the extended warranty. Cheap materials make for a bad car.

I like how it looks.

Interior quality must be improved or at least be covered by the warranty.

What Chrysler Doesn't Tell You...
By ktaylorm

2011 Chrysler 200 Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 200 Ltd. brand new and sadly from day one I have had a constant vibration from 50-70 mph, the front end sounds like its falling apart and the car cannot be aligned.
The vehicle only has 27,000 and its had the front axle, brake caliber, struts, sway links and tires replaced.
The dealership has done everything physically and mechanically possible and states "they cannot fix the car".
Chrysler's response is these are characteristic of this car; funny I don't remember seeing that on the sticker or in my owner's manual.
And the fun continues, as of yestserday, there's now a clunking in the steering column.
And, Chrysler says this car doesn't meet the Lemon Law.

I absolutely love my 200 and only have one request that Chrysler fix mine. The ride is fantastic; well, minus the vibration and the front end clunking - oh, and the the fact that you have to keep a hand on the left hand side of the steering wheel at all times to keep it on the road. At this point the only features I'm happy with is the look of the car - sporty, yet elegant. It does have a snappy response, which is nice but make sure you keep both hands on the wheel if your car cannot be aligned or you'll be off the road in the woods.

I've purchase many Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles and have never been so disappointed. My suggestions are simple... build cars that don't have defects from day one and stop telling the consumer that they are 'characteristics' of the car - stand behind your products and if they're defective make it right. As a proud, hard working American I can honestly say that I won't buy another American made car... the only thing the bail out did was allow the auto industry to continue building junk and screwing American consumers.

AFTER 9 MONTHS
By 200sowner

2011 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 9 months and 22,500 miles several problems
engine shuts down at red lights happen so far 2 times in a month. looked it up on-line seems like alot of 2011 owners with the v-6 has the same problems and of course Chrysler can't figure it out why this is happening,
front end noise ?
overheating (FIXED) overflow tank had crack in it
After spending $24,000 on this car in (Nov2011)
think it shouldn't have any problems Thats it will keep you up dated. center arm rest keeps moving when arm rested on it. Transmission does not shift smoothly.

Comfortable ride,nice seats and quite Great radio and navi system travel 100 miles a day at 65 mph car get an avg of 34.6 MPG around town 24.5

FIX THE ENGINE PROBLEM better transmission larger gas tank maybe 18 gals.

Many issues
By 19joe66

2011 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Vehicle purchased as new and have had many issues. Honestly, do your homework before purchasing this car.
1)Brakes squeaking horribly within the first 3000 miles.
2)Transmission slams into gear intermittently from park to reverse or from park to drive.
3)Transmission has intermittently hung in fourth gear on highway at any speed.
4)Extremely noisy in cabin. Sound from behind driver almost like the rear windows are slightly open.
5)Has surges badly when cold from day one.

6)As of two weeks ago stalled twice when coming to a stop.
7)Driving at night very difficult. Headlights do not display enough light on the road surface. Road lamps do help.

1)3.6 engine has plenty of power. 2)33 miles per gallon on highway which is much better than expected. 3)Fit and finish for both interior and exterior very nice.

I would tell anyone looking to buy this car "Buyer Beware".

I WANT to love this car!!
By surby66

2011 Chrysler 200 Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really do love driving this car. I bought it brand new, but I have had several issues that I've never had with other new cars that I've purchased. The convertible top has gotten stuck several times; the driver's side window squeaks terribly; the brakes began squeaking terribly within the first 1000 miles; the horn sound has become very low (the dealership says it's normal... but it didn't sound like that until recently); it got stuck in Park (gear shifter was bad); the dealership busted the center console fixing it & then ordered the wrong color console; and I get SOAKED from run-off when I open the door after it has rained. Hoping that will be all the issues. Sure is fun to drive!

Improve the design of the top over the door so that you don't have a waterfall after it has rained. The headlight beams need to be brighter or adjusted better.