Used 2011 Chrysler 200 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

2011 Chrysler 200

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

I WANT to love this car!!
By surby66

2011 Chrysler 200 Touring 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really do love driving this car. I bought it brand new, but I have had several issues that I've never had with other new cars that I've purchased. The convertible top has gotten stuck several times; the driver's side window squeaks terribly; the brakes began squeaking terribly within the first 1000 miles; the horn sound has become very low (the dealership says it's normal... but it didn't sound like that until recently); it got stuck in Park (gear shifter was bad); the dealership busted the center console fixing it & then ordered the wrong color console; and I get SOAKED from run-off when I open the door after it has rained. Hoping that will be all the issues. Sure is fun to drive!

Suggested Improvements

Improve the design of the top over the door so that you don't have a waterfall after it has rained. The headlight beams need to be brighter or adjusted better.

Problems with the cruise control
By setht37

2011 Chrysler 200 LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2011 Chrysler 200 LX used 4 months ago. Overall it seems to be a good car, good handling, seems to be fast enough for a 4 cyl and gets good gas mileage. Right after I purchased the vehicle I noticed issues with the cruise control. Sometimes it would work sometimes it would not, the problem was intermittent. I had to take it to the local Chrysler dealership several times before they acknowledged there was a problem. Turns out it had something to do with the wiring in the steering wheel, the Chrysler tech said it looked like some one was in there before but no record of warranty work being done. Tech said it could have left the factory like that. Also breaks squeak in reverse.

Vehicle stalling intermittently
By concerned25

2011 Chrysler 200 LX 2dr Convertible (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

I have had my 2011 Limited convertible for 1 year and it has stalled on my about 10 times within the last year. I have brought it in numerous times and they are unable to identify what the problem is since no code is generated. Very concerned with this issue. I have called Chrysler HQ and they are researching this. There have been many other people that have posted issues with their vehicles stalling also. I do enjoy driving the vehicle and would have been extremely happy with it; but now that it stalled on me while I was in the middle of an intersection it is very concerning to me. I would not recommend buying this car until they resolve the issue.

Favorite Features

Love the hard top convertible

Suggested Improvements

Fix the stalling problems. Make the dashboard more compact.

Shop Around!!!
By jeanne29

2011 Chrysler 200 S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

The car's great to look at but not so great to drive. The transmission shifts hard and makes a hard bump noise. But as the Chrysler dealer repeatedly tells me, " That's normal for that model". NOT OK WITH ME!! The windows make a noise like they are cracked, even though Chrylers informed me before buying, " They take pride in the fact that their Chrylers are now smoother and quiter than any other make. The center console moves while your arm is resting on it. The voice attivaction on the radio continues to not register correctly. The seats are not confortable to sit in especially on road trips. And the dealer just tells us that all of these things are normal for this model.

Favorite Features

It great to look at, I like the shape.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the transmission, the center console, the windows, and the voice activation. But most of all the dealers need fix instead of make excuses. When the salesman slogan if all about how Chryler has made it their number one concern to make the vehicles smoother and quiter than all other models.

Not a quiet car...
By bansale

2011 Chrysler 200 Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am picky with the sounds I hear in my car. My driver side window sounds like it isnt secured properly, almost vibrates in the housing when driving over small bumps. Same with passenger rear window. Passenger rear window is loud. Sounds like it is cracked open. Mine even whistles sometimes. Something in my dash is causing a rattling sound when going over bumps. Even experiencing problems with the Mygig installed into it. Sounds like the hardrive is still running even when the car is off. The dashboard fitting unit sounds like the plastic will break any minute. Very frustrating coming from someone that cares alot about inside noises.

Favorite Features

The exterior look.