Used 2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Chrysler 200 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 200 model:

Nice little car
By bobntina

2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

This car came to me with my new bride. She bought it new and it had 3,500 miles on it when we met. It now has about 30,000. No real problems. The breaks squeak when backing up, plenty of life left on em. We're fixing to replace the tires, just worn out. Mechanically sound, very reliable. The only thing I hate, the chrome around the clock is a wicket reflector at certain times of the day. I have to throw a shirt over it. BLINDING!

Favorite Features

Good gas mileage 30 on the hwy. Wish it had a larger gas tank.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of the chrome in and around the dash! Put a larger tank in. Sunroof.

200 Transmission Problems
By covington2

2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

In December of 2012 I purchased the 200 Chrysler 4dr V6. At about 3400 miles on odometer - it began with engine light of and on (have photo) but dealer can not find issue nor reproduce, along with a thump/jolt when shifting gears, when driving between 10 - 40 mph. I have been to the dealer and had Chrysler representative ride along and the thump occured on 3 occations within 15 min test drive. Chrysler rep stated "this is a normal experience with Chrysler auto's" Dealer but Mopar additive in transmission to "help the gears shif smoother" it did for short while and then the thump started again. Now at about 9000 miles on the auto and a week in the shop for diagnostics, dealer offers a trade i

Favorite Features

U-Connect, auto-start, room

Suggested Improvements

REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION, the transmission thumps as shifting gears at random times, dealer denies after test diagnostic drive with dealer and chrysler staff. dealer not able to honor trade-out to other auto to resove this issue - started at 3400 miles on odometer, very disappointed in CHRYSLER AND WILL NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN NOR THE DEALER PLANET......

Middle front seat console
By arnold123

2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have a 2011 Chrysler 200 with only 13,000 miles. While getting into the car I leaned on the center console. It totally shattered. The whole thing was made of plastic holding the console on. Chrysler told me that this was not a warranty item and I have to pay for it. I even bought the extended warranty. Cheap materials make for a bad car.

Favorite Features

I like how it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Interior quality must be improved or at least be covered by the warranty.

What Chrysler Doesn't Tell You...
By ktaylorm

2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought my 2011 200 Ltd. brand new and sadly from day one I have had a constant vibration from 50-70 mph, the front end sounds like its falling apart and the car cannot be aligned. The vehicle only has 27,000 and its had the front axle, brake caliber, struts, sway links and tires replaced. The dealership has done everything physically and mechanically possible and states "they cannot fix the car". Chrysler's response is these are characteristic of this car; funny I don't remember seeing that on the sticker or in my owner's manual. And the fun continues, as of yestserday, there's now a clunking in the steering column. And, Chrysler says this car doesn't meet the Lemon Law.

Favorite Features

I absolutely love my 200 and only have one request that Chrysler fix mine. The ride is fantastic; well, minus the vibration and the front end clunking - oh, and the the fact that you have to keep a hand on the left hand side of the steering wheel at all times to keep it on the road. At this point the only features I'm happy with is the look of the car - sporty, yet elegant. It does have a snappy response, which is nice but make sure you keep both hands on the wheel if your car cannot be aligned or you'll be off the road in the woods.

Suggested Improvements

I've purchase many Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles and have never been so disappointed. My suggestions are simple... build cars that don't have defects from day one and stop telling the consumer that they are 'characteristics' of the car - stand behind your products and if they're defective make it right. As a proud, hard working American I can honestly say that I won't buy another American made car... the only thing the bail out did was allow the auto industry to continue building junk and screwing American consumers.

AFTER 9 MONTHS
By 200sowner

2011 Chrysler 200 Sedan S 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

After 9 months and 22,500 miles several problems engine shuts down at red lights happen so far 2 times in a month. looked it up on-line seems like alot of 2011 owners with the v-6 has the same problems and of course Chrysler can't figure it out why this is happening, front end noise ? overheating (FIXED) overflow tank had crack in it After spending $24,000 on this car in (Nov2011) think it shouldn't have any problems Thats it will keep you up dated. center arm rest keeps moving when arm rested on it. Transmission does not shift smoothly.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride,nice seats and quite Great radio and navi system travel 100 miles a day at 65 mph car get an avg of 34.6 MPG around town 24.5

Suggested Improvements

FIX THE ENGINE PROBLEM better transmission larger gas tank maybe 18 gals.